Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: REPORT: North Dakota cutting women's hockey

Re: REPORT: North Dakota cutting women's hockey

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    The minute you resort to feeble attempts at condescension you've lost.

But, yes, Title IX is far more than scholarship numbers. That's why one hires BD to review everything before it's rolled out. BD makes sure what you're doing now is aligned, because you know the challenge will come.

And are you sure those numbers would be considered aligned given other factors, say, like in FY17 UND no longer sponsors baseball. UND had to do something after eliminating baseball. Participation numbers are misaligned.

And you don't know what I know.
    A) The condescension was earned, enjoy it.
    OR
    B) It would be up to you to let us know what you know. Failing that go back to A

It is enlightening to note you have 11,000 comments on USCHO but none on the womens forum until a couple weeks ago. Overcompensating for something?
    Last edited by ne7minder; Yesterday at 05:13 PM.

Why are we still arguing about this? As disappointing as it is, it's over, the team ain't coming back.

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    It would be up to you to let us know what you know.
    I did tell folks what I know and got disparaged for that, namely, UND was out of Title IX balance (against men) before cutting baseball in spring 2016. Cutting baseball made it worse.

I know the State mandated cuts to all budgets in the State.

I know that Baker Donelson was brought in to audit the moves before they were made to make sure when the real audit comes (US OCR) it goes smoothly.

I know that WIH was the most net expensive sport on campus per player.

I know that UND's plan is to re-invest a significant portion of the cuts back into Summit League sports as part of the move from the Big Sky to the Summit. That's why UND cut far more than the amount the state mandated.

I also know that an NAIA in the state (Dickinson State U) is looking at cutting at least two sports and shutting down a nursing program and an academic program. They're getting hit with a 30% funding chop; but that's only $8.8 million for that school. Yes, right now, in this state, $8.8 million is serious news in state and higher ed funding. UND cut about $3 million of red ink from just Athletics. Welcome to current North Dakota budgets.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; Today at 02:12 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    It is enlightening to note you have 11,000 comments on USCHO but none on the womens forum until a couple weeks ago. Overcompensating for something?
    I got tired of reading this thread so full of emotions and half-truths so I knew it was time to bring some facts to the conversation.

Next, I didn't post in women's hockey because I didn't have much to say about it. I'll plainly state I went to few games. Why? I found the speed and skill comparable to ND East Region HS hockey at best. I could watch that without a nearly 200 mile round trip to a game.

And if anyone here is overcompensating I'd say it's the one continuing with the ad hominems.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; Today at 02:16 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by pucko View Post
    Why are we still arguing about this? As disappointing as it is, it's over, the team ain't coming back.
    Pucko's right. Montgomery Gentry can explain.

North Dakota Hockey:

This thread is the worst, Burr.

Thread Information