Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jersey/uniform question

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Although depending on one's color blindness, they might not know the difference.
    Oh FFS.

Comment

Anyone here remember seeing any "white versus gold/yellow" this season where the VISITING team was wearing the light colored jersey and the home team was wearing white?
      (Preferably in a home rink, not some neutral tourney)

Comment

I guess no one here has the answer......

Was a very visually appealing look on the ice

Comment

Out of curiosity, what sort of yellow was it? Was it a lighter one, or a darker one? Obviously the rule book doesn't give any sort of shade guidelines, so it is a bit of a judgement call.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what sort of yellow was it? Was it a lighter one, or a darker one? Obviously the rule book doesn't give any sort of shade guidelines, so it is a bit of a judgement call.
            At least I can answer this question.
            Tech's alternate gold jersey is a fairly dark... compared to a white jersey anyway.
            Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              Tech's alternate gold jersey is a fairly dark... compared to a white jersey anyway.
              Ryan J

Definitely dark enough IMHO to be contrasting.

Comment

Definitely dark enough IMHO to be contrasting.
                No comment about the bottom of the frame. I'm disappointed FlagDUDE
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                  Anyone here remember seeing any "white versus gold/yellow" this season where the VISITING team was wearing the light colored jersey and the home team was wearing white?
                  (Preferably in a home rink, not some neutral tourney)
                  According the 2016-18 NCAA Ice Hockey Rules white jersey are considered light-colored, so one team can't wear white jerseys and the other light-colored jerseys.

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  Ryan J

On the other hand, the gold Tech jerseys in the picture are dark-colored jerseys according the rules as they have light colored numbers (gold being mentioned as a light-color notwithstanding):

Rule 9 - Uniforms
                  9.1 Jerseys
                  - Each player and each goalkeeper listed in the lineup of each team shall wear an individual identifying number at least 10 inches high on the back of the jersey and at least 4 inches high on the front or on both sleeves. The visiting team shall wear dark-colored jerseys and stockings; the home team shall wear light-colored jerseys and stockings. Uniform numbers must be a light colored number on dark jerseys and a dark colored number on light jerseys. All players of each team shall dress uniformly in that day’s game jersey.
                  Light-colored jerseys (e.g., white, gold, yellow or light blue) may be worn during the regular season by the visiting team only when the teams have agreed before the game. If the teams are unable to agree, the visiting team will wear dark-colored jerseys.
                  The number of the jersey shall contrast the overall jersey color

However, it does lead me to ask if Tech wore the same jerseys at home this season and if so, what color jerseys the visiting team(s) wore.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

However, it does lead me to ask if Tech wore the same jerseys at home this season and if so, what color jerseys the visiting team(s) wore.

Sean
                    Yes, they did the WCHA championship againist BGSU in their dark jerseys.

https://youtu.be/9bPOoY029DQ

They've been both light and dark in the golds it would seem.
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                      No comment about the bottom of the frame. I'm disappointed FlagDUDE
                      I asked about the jerseys. I got my answer.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                        Yes, they did the WCHA championship againist BGSU in their dark jerseys.

https://youtu.be/9bPOoY029DQ

They've been both light and dark in the golds it would seem.
                        According to the rule those jerseys can only be used as dark-colored (i.e., road) jerseys. If no one challenges them it doesn't matter, but even if they are challenged the only penalty is a bench minor. I suppose if you were losing or tied late in a game you could challenge the uniforms and get a powerplay advantage to try and tie/win the game.
                        Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                          According to the rule those jerseys can only be used as dark-colored (i.e., road) jerseys. If no one challenges them it doesn't matter, but even if they are challenged the only penalty is a bench minor. I suppose if you were losing or tied late in a game you could challenge the uniforms and get a powerplay advantage to try and tie/win the game.
                          Sean
                          I'm pretty sure protocol penalties like that have to be called immediately.

Comment

I'm pretty sure protocol penalties like that have to be called immediately.
                            It might be viewed as an equipment violation, like excessive stick curve, when they don't assess the penalty until the opposing team calls them out on it but I'm guessing it is more of a gentleman's agreement where someone makes a call or sends an email the week before the game... "Hey here is what we plan to wear. Are you cool with it?"

In the 1960s, 70s and 80s, Tech had gold jerseys with white numbers. At times they were paired with white jerseys making the golds a road jersey and in other years the golds functioned as the home jersey. In the late 1980's to 1993 (second row) Tech only had black road jerseys and gold home jerseys as their options.
                            Ryan J
                            Row 1: 1960s, 1970s, Early 80s
                            Row 2: Late 80s, Early 90s, Mid 90s
                            Row 3: Early 00s, Late 00s, Early 10s
                            Row 4: Mid 80s worn with Cooperall pants (on display at Tech's rink), never seen another one.

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 04-04-2017, 12:20 PM.
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

According to Mel Pearson on his radio show the week after the regionals, he did ask permission, but didn't make it sound like it was Denver's decision to make. It was more about whether or not there was enough contrast between DU's jersey and MTU's to make it work for everyone involved. For whatever reason, MTU was allowed to do it.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

We all care about the "viewability" but the biggest reason for the contrasting jerseys is safety. If you have a player who is color blind, you don't want to have him not know who is trying to play with him and who is trying to hit him (or even to have to take more than a split second to figure it out.) I've even seen this officiating baseball when several players end up around second base.
                                Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                                10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                                5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                                21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                                ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                                ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                                7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                                National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X