UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Scott Wilson's first career playoff goal.

Comment

Norm was hired 6 years ago today. To say that he was the right choice is a HUGE understatement.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
        I'm fairly certain Lowell is playing ASU in Arizona on or around Jan 12th & 13th based on a Norm interview from last season where he said the return trip would be 2nd weekend of January 2018.
        It's official now. Lowell will be playing against ASU 1/12/18 & 1/13/18 in Arizona. The venue is still TBD.
        http://www.thesundevils.com/news/201...-schedule.aspx

Comment

It's official now. Lowell will be playing against ASU 1/12/18 & 1/13/18 in Arizona. The venue is still TBD.
          2017-2018 Tentative Schedule

Oct. 13 - (Fri.) - Nebraska Omaha
          Oct. 14 - (Sat.) - Nebraska Omaha

Jan. 12 - (Fri.) - @ Arizona State
          Jan. 13 - (Sat.) - @ Arizona State
          Jan. 27 - (Sat.) - @ BC

Feb. 9 - (Fri.) - @ BC

Comment

Former assistant coach Jason Lammers named the new head coach at Niagara.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

If you guys are planning on going, be aware that there is a Rock 'n' Roll Marathon/Half Marathon/10K on Sunday and a 5K on Saturday that weekend in Tempe/Phoenix with probably close to 15,000 people if the entrants are similar to last year's race. Hotel rooms may be at a premium. Book early for hotel rooms and prepare for road closures and detours getting to the airport if you're flying out Sunday morning/afternoon. The only reason I know about it is because my wife was looking at that race and the date sounded familiar. So we might be there for those games representing Lowell!

Comment

CHN's Super Early Top 10 includes Lowell, which definitely surprises me ... mostly for the first line in the article about it.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  CHN's Super Early Top 10 includes Lowell, which definitely surprises me ... mostly for the first line in the article about it.
                  If we turn over two assistants in an offseason that may be a little much for any program... we shall see
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    If we turn over two assistants in an offseason that may be a little much for any program... we shall see
                    Who is the first?
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Who is the first?
                      did I screw something up... didn't one of ours get a HC job or have i lost track of our assistants?

I'm out of the loop at times since I'm not close, so I admit I may have screwed something up

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Lowell's earned and built respect over the past several seasons. It seems like it's almost expected now nationally that Lowell just reloads/plugs in players and the success continues. Not like a BC or BU type of reload with blue chippers, but Lowell-type guys. Did we honestly think that given the goalie question marks preseason that in the end, Lowell would end up where they did? I'll admit to being a little nervous for next season given the losses on offense and defense but Edwardh, Lohin, and a few others inspire confidence while Mulleur and Goransson are more than capable. Add in some of the Lowell-type recruits coming in (I'm looking forward to seeing monster defenseman Evingson) and I think they'll be in the mix again next season.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          did I screw something up... didn't one of ours get a HC job or have i lost track of our assistants?

I'm out of the loop at times since I'm not close, so I admit I may have screwed something up
                          Lammers left Lowell 2 summers ago.
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                            Lammers left Lowell 2 summers ago.
                            My fault

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              Does anyone know if the team has had their season ending banquet yet?
                              It took place today:
                              http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...m-banquet.aspx

Comment

2017-2018 Schedule according to the Lowell Sun

http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnew...edule-released

Comment

Working...
                                X