Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Wonder if this is the most Lowell players in the NHL at any one point ever? We've currently got 8, as CHN breaks it down by class.
    It definitely is, by a long shot.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 04-04-2017, 08:37 AM.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
      It definitely is, by a long shot.
      Before this year, we'd never had more than 5. When Ruhwedel got called up the Pens, that brought us to 6.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Wonder if this is the most Lowell players in the NHL at any one point ever? We've currently got 8, as CHN breaks it down by class.
        College hockey inc is not college hockey news but I think we all knew that....

Looks like every conference can ice a team... Boston college can nearly do that on its own
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Lowell has more than Amherst... so again, Lowell reigns supreme.

Comment

Comcast is currently offering a free trial of the NHL Center Ice and MLB channels. Buffalo and Montreal at 7:30.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              Comcast is currently offering a free trial of the NHL Center Ice and MLB channels. Buffalo and Montreal at 7:30.
              Smith not in lineup tonight.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                Smith not in lineup tonight.
                Was on the ice for a couple of Toronto's goals last night
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Joe Gambardella had an assist on Bakersfield's 1st period goal tonight - his 1st career point in his 1st pro game.

Edit: He just scored his 1st goal too. Quite the professional debut.
                  Last edited by ScottK; 04-05-2017, 09:40 PM.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Nice Thank You video posted by Lowell yesterday.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Joe Gambardella had an assist on Bakersfield's 1st period goal tonight - his 1st career point in his 1st pro game.

Edit: He just scored his 1st goal too. Quite the professional debut.
                      https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog...ut/c-288480536
                      UML RiverHawks

Comment

David Vallorani named to the All-ECHL 2nd team.

He's currently 3rd in the ECHL in scoring.

Comment

Kind of curious to see what happens with Hellebuyck in Winnipeg next year. They gave a 21-year (2nd Round pick in '13) his first start last night. Not saying he's out of a job or anything, but the Jets have a lot of young talent at that spot, albeit I think Hellebuyck is the best of them.

Some quick stats ... Hellebuyck started 52 games for the Jets this year, his 2.93 GAA was second best to 2.92 for Hutchinson. His 90.6% was the best on the team. He won 25 of the 39 games the Jets won this year.

Also, glad to see ND lose last night. I'm sure the travel to Chicago was too much for them.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

So does anyone know if there is talk of a contract extension for Norm? From what I can find he is under contract through the end of the upcoming season (unless I missed something).

Comment

Originally posted by SteveD14 View Post
                              So does anyone know if there is talk of a contract extension for Norm? From what I can find he is under contract through the end of the upcoming season (unless I missed something).
                              I thought it was through 2020
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Has anyone heard about the non league schedule for next season? Hockey East will go to 24 league games so there will only be 10 games to fill. I believe the following games have been confirmed:

Omaha (x2)
                                UMass Amherst
                                @ St Lawrence
                                @ Clarkson
                                @ Arizona State (x2)

Speaking of 24 league games. Does anyone know the teams the Hawks will play three times next season?

Comment

Working...
                                X