• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Interview with Norm regarding Michael Kapla:
    https://soundcloud.com/devilsdaily/e...-bazin#t=03:20

Comment

CJ Smith is expected to be in the lineup for the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday.
      BackDoorTapIns‏
      @BDTI_Hockey

UMass Lowell Leading Scorer CJ Smith Jr. (FA) has signed ELC with @BuffaloSabres 51pts in 41gms
      Last edited by ScottK; 03-29-2017, 01:41 PM.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        CJ Smith is expected to be in the lineup for the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday.
        Sabres add free agent forward Smith from UMass-Lowell.

The best of luck to C.J., thanks for three great seasons.

For his three-year career, Smith led the nation in scoring among juniors with 125 points in 120 games (56 goals, 69 assists).
        Last edited by boblav1; 03-29-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I was rooting for UML, didn't realize how much until now because it bothers me today that they are not playing a week from tomorrow.
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by UML '92 View Post
            Potentially opens up space and playing time for incoming prospects Evingson and Sterett??
            It would also open up some scholarship money. The Hawks could possibly go after a late recruit or a player that has decommitted from another program.

Comment

Is this uncharted waters for the UML program? Having this many players at one time transition from the end of the college season directly to the NHL?
              University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                Is this uncharted waters for the UML program? Having this many players at one time transition from the end of the college season directly to the NHL?
                Certainly speaks to the overall strength of the program...the new BU?
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                  I don't ever remember this kind of transition.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Good article on Gamby on the NHL.com site.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      I don't ever remember this kind of transition.
                      I'm bad with dates, but didn't Wilson, Folin, and Hellebuyck all leave at the same time? Or did Wilson leave after the Frozen Four with Ruhwedel?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                        I'm bad with dates, but didn't Wilson, Folin, and Hellebuyck all leave at the same time? Or did Wilson leave after the Frozen Four with Ruhwedel?
                        You're correct. Wilson left early with Hellebuyck and Folin. Since I've been following the team, I think this is the first time at least 2 players will go directly from UML to an NHL roster.
                        Last edited by Middle Street; 03-30-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          It would also open up some scholarship money. The Hawks could possibly go after a late recruit or a player that has decommitted from another program.
                          It could also mean someone like Levesque comes in a year early. He might have been coming in anyways, but now I think it's even more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                            It could also mean someone like Levesque comes in a year early. He might have been coming in anyways, but now I think it's even more likely.
                            Sabres announce the signing of CJ Smith

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabr...th/c-288245886
                            What did you say?
                            Who own the Chiefs?
                            What did he say?
                            Owns! Owns!

Comment

Well... if players are learning so they can get to the NHL then that will be the next step to improving the quality of player(s) that walk through the door.

----

Norm is picking up and alumni award. It's in an alumni news email. Some sort of event. I didn't pay full attention.

----

The ZooMass system will be hosting another forum/gathering in Washington at the start of May so if you have any pressing institutional issues let me know.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                That make sense. I'm not sure what else Levesque can achieve with another year in the CCHL.

Comment

Working...
                                X