Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Three names added to the Stanley cup... I think ruhwedel qualifies.

IIRC, the only other in our history is Craig mactavish
    Not sure if he played enough games maybe

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Re: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Three names added to the Stanley cup... I think ruhwedel qualifies.

IIRC, the only other in our history is Craig mactavish
    Ruhwedel does not qualify. You have to play 40 regular season games or 1 game in the finals. He played 34 regular season games and didn't play in the finals after suffering a concussion earlier in the playoffs. They could petition to have him added if they want to.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Ruhwedel does not qualify. You have to play 40 regular season games or 1 game in the finals. He played 34 regular season games and didn't play in the finals after suffering a concussion earlier in the playoffs. They could petition to have him added if they want to.
    He's certainly close and the concussion would be a great reason for a petition...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    I believe the same thing happened to Scott Wilson last season. I believe the NHL allows up to 52 names on the cup each year.
    Last edited by boblav1; 06-12-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Good news for Lowell.

Tweeted out by Barry Scanlon a few minutes ago:

@BarryScanlonSun
    Just met with Norm Bazin. He's staying at UMass Lowell. Turned down offer to coach Vancouver's AHL team in Utica, N.Y.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Good news for Lowell.

Tweeted out by Barry Scanlon a few minutes ago:

@BarryScanlonSun
    Just met with Norm Bazin. He's staying at UMass Lowell. Turned down offer to coach Vancouver's AHL team in Utica, N.Y.
    From the Sun: Bazin turns down pro offer, will stay at UMass Lowell

http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_310...t-umass-lowell
    Last edited by boblav1; 06-15-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Chiefs fan since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    I'm glad that he has decided to stay!
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

Hello Riverhawk Nation, for those of you who are planning on going to Arizona in January, I have booked a block of rooms at The Hampton Inn & Suites and the Home 2 Suites in Glendale. Both Hotels are in walking distance to the arena, shopping and eating. I have booked the rooms checking in out any time between January 9th thru the 16th. Rates at the Hampton Inn are a double for $169 and a king for $159 a night. rates at Home 2 Suites are $129 for a one queen studio and $139 for a two queen studio. I will have more info at the start of next week. Just wanted to give every one a heads up. GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Barry Scanlon of the Lowell Sun: Eight members of the 2017-18 team will participate in National Hockey League development camps.

Headed to camps are defenseman Tyler Mueller and goaltender Tyler Wall (New York Rangers, June 25-July 2), forward Jake Kamrass and defenseman Chris Forney (Anaheim Ducks, June 26, July 3), forward Nick Master (Ottawa Senators, June 26July 3), forward Ryan Lohin (Tampa Bay Lightning, June 27-July 4), defenseman Mattias Goransson (Washington Capitals, June 27-July 3) and forward John Edwardh (Carolina Hurricanes, June 27-July 2).

Tough news for BC.

@USHRhockey
    A tough hit for the Eagles: Eeli Tolvanen, a likely first round pick tomorrow, has received a thumbs down from the BC admissions department
    @MikeMcMahonCHN
    Asking around re: Eeli Tolvanen, and told this is not a shock to BC. They were aware of some issues so this is not catching them off guard.

From twitter.

@MikeMcMahonCHN
    Sources: Hockey East members have discussed moving back to an 8-team playoff format. Nothing final. Would potentially mean 3 teams miss PO.
    @MikeMcMahonCHN
    Could be as soon as this season. Told the vote is happening next week.

there's a good buck in that racket.

From twitter.
    awesome
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Incoming recruit Croix Evingson taken by Winnipeg in the 7th round, 211 overall.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...ipeg-jets.aspx
    Last edited by boblav1; 06-25-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Chad Ruhwedel signed a 2-year extension to stay in Pittsburgh. https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pe...el/c-290070044

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfan0862 View Post
    Hello Riverhawk Nation, for those of you who are planning on going to Arizona in January, I have booked a block of rooms at The Hampton Inn & Suites and the Home 2 Suites in Glendale. Both Hotels are in walking distance to the arena, shopping and eating. I have booked the rooms checking in out any time between January 9th thru the 16th. Rates at the Hampton Inn are a double for $169 and a king for $159 a night. rates at Home 2 Suites are $129 for a one queen studio and $139 for a two queen studio. I will have more info at the start of next week. Just wanted to give every one a heads up. GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey gang! ASU fan here. Really looking forward to playing you all this coming year. I'm thinking the game on Jan. 12 will be at Oceanside in Tempe and not Gila River. The Coyotes host Edmonton that night. So unless the series changes to a Saturday-Sunday or Thursday-Saturday, my guess is it will be a split between the two venues like we did with Harvard last year. Just a heads up if it is Oceanside, be prepared for a band box, only seats 700, and really bad site lines. It is a unique place. To be honest, neither option is great. But until we get our place, it is all we have. Anyway, just wanted to pass this along as you make your plans.

From Barry Scanlon of the Lowell Sun: Eight members of the 2017-18 team will participate in National Hockey League development camps.

Headed to camps are defenseman Tyler Mueller and goaltender Tyler Wall (New York Rangers, June 25-July 2), forward Jake Kamrass and defenseman Chris Forney (Anaheim Ducks, June 26, July 3), forward Nick Master (Ottawa Senators, June 26July 3), forward Ryan Lohin (Tampa Bay Lightning, June 27-July 4), defenseman Mattias Goransson (Washington Capitals, June 27-July 3) and forward John Edwardh (Carolina Hurricanes, June 27-July 2).
    Croix Evingson is scheduled to participate in the Winnipeg Jets camp which begins today.

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-r...mp/c-290150198

From twitter.
    @MikeMcMahonCHN

Source: HEA members voted this morning to keep the 11-team playoff format for 2017-18. Will re-assess for future seasons.

@MikeMcMahonCHN

Source: HEA members voted this morning to keep the 11-team playoff format for 2017-18. Will re-assess for future seasons.
    So dumb.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    So dumb.
    More hockey isn't dumb to me but oh well.

Dylan Zink will also be at Pittsburgh's camp.

Thread Information