Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Time will tell if the reformatting/branding and the bad press of letting the staff go with no notice will adversely affect them. It's still the nearest place to the arena and it will get its share of business but it will be interesting to see if there's a drop off from the regulars. I know that many were frustrated last season with the constantly changing menu and beer selection throughout the season so who knows how the limited bar/pub menu will go over. Others had already made the switch last season to the Worthen for pregame, including several families, as you get much more bang for the buck there and the food is very good.
    That stuff boggles my mind... they've had a long running operation... maybe not in lowell but on the overall.

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    UNH will be serving beer this season.

From the UML site. Andy Merritt? Is he taking over for Jim Connelly this season?

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...day-night.aspx

Time for a new thread?
    Yes, I'm too lazy

Re: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zg_cUrRIZ0

Loud dramatic music and Bob's audio comes in and out.

As is becoming tradition, the highlight videos appear to be very low effort early in the season...
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19ish?)

Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
    RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gr8Sk8M8(?), BUtogether(?)

Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Time will tell if the reformatting/branding and the bad press of letting the staff go with no notice will adversely affect them. It's still the nearest place to the arena and it will get its share of business but it will be interesting to see if there's a drop off from the regulars. I know that many were frustrated last season with the constantly changing menu and beer selection throughout the season so who knows how the limited bar/pub menu will go over. Others had already made the switch last season to the Worthen for pregame, including several families, as you get much more bang for the buck there and the food is very good.
    ? I like a changing menu. It isn't McDonald's. Changing with the season is good.

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    ? I like a changing menu. It isn't McDonald's. Changing with the season is good.
    It can also be a sign of disfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    It can also be a sign of disfunction.
    Good restaurants change menus a few times a year. Beerworks changed with every season, on schedule. I know because I asked and they told me when the menu was scheduled to change.

Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zg_cUrRIZ0

Loud dramatic music and Bob's audio comes in and out.

As is becoming tradition, the highlight videos appear to be very low effort early in the season...
    Did WCAP broadcast the game? I got to my car after the game and there was no post game show on.

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Good restaurants change menus a few times a year. Beerworks changed with every season, on schedule. I know because I asked and they told me when the menu was scheduled to change.
    Yes there was a small portion of the menu that always changed seasonally/monthly, maybe 5-6 items. Not what I was talking of, more so the fact that week to week longstanding, popular menu items and beer would be discontinued as if they were trying to figure out what they wanted to be. Got to be very frustrating every week. So now they've totally blown up what they used to do in favor of a taproom on steroids so we'll see how they do. I do know that some folks I spoke with last night are hesitant to go back given the various management decisions we encountered last season and then the staff issues over the summer. I did pop in last night after the Worthen at around 6:15 and not a single regular from the past was there (and didn't recognize any of the staff). Now it was an exhibition game so it will be interesting to see who goes this Friday or if people have made alternative pregame choices.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Does anyone have any thoughts on how the team looked last night? I wasn't able to make it to the game. Did any of the freshmen stand out?

Croix had a bad misplay on a puck during the 2nd period on the blue line. I'll admit his skating is better than I thought it would be though his lateral ability could use some polish. Had a nice shot from the top of the point that Lohin tipped into the net. Levesque made a few timing plays that lead me to believe he picked up Norm's system pretty quick.

Did notice a lot less stretch passing last night and more working the puck through all three zones.

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    Did WCAP broadcast the game? I got to my car after the game and there was no post game show on.
    I listened on the app, but the post show was only about 10 min long.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    Croix had a bad misplay on a puck during the 2nd period on the blue line. I'll admit his skating is better than I thought it would be though his lateral ability could use some polish. Had a nice shot from the top of the point that Lohin tipped into the net. Levesque made a few timing plays that lead me to believe he picked up Norm's system pretty quick.

Did notice a lot less stretch passing last night and more working the puck through all three zones.
    They had Croix playing on his off side too. That was a nice shot (pass?) on the Lohin goal. I liked the way Levesque played. He's not afraid to go into the corners to fight for loose pucks. Guillaume Leclerc had two grade A chances, including a breakaway, that didn't go in. A lot of guys played so it was hard to keep track. Overall I thought it was a good first skate.

Also known as the Southern Dandaaay

It's hard to judge performance against a CIS school but it's what we have to go on:

- Defense moved the puck well and weren't trying to thread every pass 100ft, which was nice to see. There didn't seem to be any glaring defensive lapses from the new guys.
    - Lots of possession, lots of good puck movement. Everyone was quick on their feet.
    - Wall made some nice saves. Can't tell if the first Acadia goal redirected off the Lowell defenseman or if he was just screening Wall, but Wall had no idea where that puck was. Second goal looked like it ramped off the D stick, but again I can't really tell from the video so if anyone had a better view of it please let me know.
    - PP moved the puck well. I'd like to see quicker shots this year; no need for everyone to touch the puck twice before ripping it.
    - Some really nice passing on that first Lowell goal. Bad decision by the Acadia dman on the PK and Lowell made it look easy.
    - Could just be me, but I didn't think Edwardh looked great
    - This team needs a monster year out of 18

My question about this team remains "are they going to have enough offense to overcome the losses of Smith and Gambardella?" Lowell had a half dozen chances last night that they just couldn't finish on. Wall HAS to better this year to help make up for what I expect to be a drop in scoring. I don't think this team can win 5-4 games, at least not early in the season.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Sean Cleary, Jonathan Waring and Keith Burchett did not play yesterday.

Just wanted to drop by and remind you guys how much you suck... I'll provide more detail as to why that is at a later point, still trying to get my game legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokydad View Post
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Quote Originally Posted by Patronick View Post
    It's hard to judge performance against a CIS school but it's what we have to go on:

- Defense moved the puck well and weren't trying to thread every pass 100ft, which was nice to see. There didn't seem to be any glaring defensive lapses from the new guys.
    - Lots of possession, lots of good puck movement. Everyone was quick on their feet.
    - Wall made some nice saves. Can't tell if the first Acadia goal redirected off the Lowell defenseman or if he was just screening Wall, but Wall had no idea where that puck was. Second goal looked like it ramped off the D stick, but again I can't really tell from the video so if anyone had a better view of it please let me know.
    - PP moved the puck well. I'd like to see quicker shots this year; no need for everyone to touch the puck twice before ripping it.
    - Some really nice passing on that first Lowell goal. Bad decision by the Acadia dman on the PK and Lowell made it look easy.
    - Could just be me, but I didn't think Edwardh looked great
    - This team needs a monster year out of 18

My question about this team remains "are they going to have enough offense to overcome the losses of Smith and Gambardella?" Lowell had a half dozen chances last night that they just couldn't finish on. Wall HAS to better this year to help make up for what I expect to be a drop in scoring. I don't think this team can win 5-4 games, at least not early in the season.
    RE : First Arcadia goal

Wall never saw the shot or the puck he was being screened by his own man and a couple of Axemen, he had no chance on it

Thread Information