Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    From Barry Scanlon of the Lowell Sun: Eight members of the 2017-18 team will participate in National Hockey League development camps.

Headed to camps are defenseman Tyler Mueller and goaltender Tyler Wall (New York Rangers, June 25-July 2), forward Jake Kamrass and defenseman Chris Forney (Anaheim Ducks, June 26, July 3), forward Nick Master (Ottawa Senators, June 26July 3), forward Ryan Lohin (Tampa Bay Lightning, June 27-July 4), defenseman Mattias Goransson (Washington Capitals, June 27-July 3) and forward John Edwardh (Carolina Hurricanes, June 27-July 2).
    Dylan Zink will also be at Pittsburgh's camp.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      More hockey isn't dumb to me but oh well.
      I get that part. I just don't think that every team should be in the playoffs. I hate the "orange slices for everyone" concept. The regular season slate is long enough to figure out which bottom three teams don't get to continue playing on.

I love that they used money as an excuse. Playoff games barely draw because of the schedule (with break) as it is. The opening round last year averaged ... 2-3k?
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Having gone as a neutral observer to at least one first-round game every year since Hockey East started the format... the first round is really bad. The games are bad because the teams are bad, no one goes to them so there's barely any atmosphere, and nothing of any real consequence is going to happen because even if there is an upset the team that pulls off the upset is assured of getting vaporized in the quarterfinals by the #1 seed because Hockey East reseeds every round.

Comment

19 players from Lowell made the Hockey East All-Academic Team. Only Merrimack had more (21)

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
            19 players from Lowell made the Hockey East All-Academic Team. Only Merrimack had more (21)
            http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...6/jun28aca.php

Comment

Updated list of alums that have NHL or AHL deals:

Kevin Boyle - San Diego (Anaheim)
              Evan Campbell - Bakersfield (Edmonton)
              Adam Chapie - Hartford (New York Rangers)
              Christian Folin - Los Angeles
              Joe Gambardella - Edmonton
              Ron Hainsey - Toronto
              Carter Hutton - St. Louis
              Michael Kapla - New Jersey
              Chad Ruhwedel - Pittsburgh
              C.J. Smith - Buffalo
              Scott Wilson - Pittsburgh
              Dylan Zink - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (Pittsburgh)

Connor Hellebuyck is a restricted free agent, but expected to re-sign with Winnipeg as well.

Comment

From Barry Scanlon of the Lowell Sun: Eight members of the 2017-18 team will participate in National Hockey League development camps.

Headed to camps are defenseman Tyler Mueller and goaltender Tyler Wall (New York Rangers, June 25-July 2), forward Jake Kamrass and defenseman Chris Forney (Anaheim Ducks, June 26, July 3), forward Nick Master (Ottawa Senators, June 26July 3), forward Ryan Lohin (Tampa Bay Lightning, June 27-July 4), defenseman Mattias Goransson (Washington Capitals, June 27-July 3) and forward John Edwardh (Carolina Hurricanes, June 27-July 2).
                Add Ryan Dmowski to the list. He'll be at San Jose's camp. https://www.fearthefin.com/2017/6/30...nt-camp-roster

Comment

Hello Hockey fans, I have booked a block of rooms at The Hampton Inn and Suites and Home 2 Suites in Glendale AZ for those who are interested in going out to watch the team play in January. You can call the Hotels directly and tell them that you are with The Riverhawk Nation Friends and Family group to get the group rate. The rates for The Hampton Inn are $169 for a double and for a king $159. The rates at Home 2 are $129 for a one queen studio and $139 for a two queen studio. I should have a link up soon so that you can book online too. You can check in and out anytime between January 9th thru the 16th. The number for The Hampton Inn is 623-271-7771 and the number for Home 2 Suites is 623-877-4600. The Hotels are within walking distance to the arena, shopping and eating places. They also have a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. Hope to see many of you there. GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

91 Days till the regular season home opener!
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Add Ryan Dmowski to the list. He'll be at San Jose's camp. https://www.fearthefin.com/2017/6/30...nt-camp-roster
                      According to this, list is 14 players in total, including alums.
                      Monty

Comment

Changes coming to Beer Works. Employees not happy.

Comment

Changes coming to Beer Works. Employees not happy.
                          Thanks for sharing this. I actually just heard about this today and came here to see if anyone had news regarding it. I stopped going there this past season because I thought the service and food quality went way down hill. There was one point (either this season or previous) where they only served a buffet pre-game because they were so understaffed.

I'm not surprised their management would do something terrible like that. It's too bad given there are not a lot of options close to the arena.
                          Last edited by Middle Street; 07-18-2017, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                            Thanks for sharing this. I actually just heard about this today and came here to see if anyone had news regarding it. I stopped going there this past season because I thought the service and food quality went way down hill. There was one point (either this season or previous) where they only served a buffet pre-game because they were so understaffed.

I'm not surprised their management would do something terrible like that. It's too bad given there are not a lot of options close to the arena.
                            There wasn't any point where it was only a buffet, at least that I remember. Hell, I thought that actually helped them.

Regardless, this is just bad all around by their owner.
                            Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              There wasn't any point where it was only a buffet, at least that I remember. Hell, I thought that actually helped them.

Sounds like compounding dumb on dumb... bad execution is separate from design issues

I've never seen "concepts" work and you're forgetting the nature of your clients. Everybody wants to pretend they're cool and hip these days and I wish theyd stop trying

Further, to go out and fire all those people... my guess is they gutted management and start over but that still leaves a bad taste

Edit: do they own the whole building yet?
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

Maybe not at the bar, but there was a day where if you wanted to be sat in the dining room, it was buffet or nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X