Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. I actually just heard about this today and came here to see if anyone had news regarding it. I stopped going there this past season because I thought the service and food quality went way down hill. There was one point (either this season or previous) where they only served a buffet pre-game because they were so understaffed.

I'm not surprised their management would do something terrible like that. It's too bad given there are not a lot of options close to the arena.
    I haven't been there in a while. Agree about the service. Unless I got there at 5:00 pm I always felt like it took forever to get my meal and I was constantly looking at my watch as I like to get to the games early.

Parking must be an issue for them with the Notini lot gone.

Comment

Pictures from tonight's season ticket holders cookout.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Pictures from tonight's season ticket holders cookout.
        How did it go? Didn't get out of work till 8:30 so couldn't make it.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Updated goriverhawks.com looks painful to navigate
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
            Updated goriverhawks.com looks painful to navigate
            That is awful... you're missing the boat guys... I know that social media leads the elephant these days but information access is still your first job
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Couldn't get home from work in time for BBQ, did they announce the season ticket holder gift? Funny about Beer Works, the only thing I ever thought needed to be "remodeled" was the dreadful service.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                Couldn't get home from work in time for BBQ, did they announce the season ticket holder gift? Funny about Beer Works, the only thing I ever thought needed to be "remodeled" was the dreadful service.
                I was there. I did not hear anything about the season ticket holder gift.
                What did you say?
                Who own the Chiefs?
                What did he say?
                Owns! Owns!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  That is awful... you're missing the boat guys... I know that social media leads the elephant these days but information access is still your first job
                  I would place the blame on the school's site vendor, Sidearm Sports. Pently of schools use the same platform. I agree, the previous iteration was easier to navigate.

Comment

I was informed today that both games at ASU will be played at Oceanside Arena in Tempe, and not at Gila River Arena in Glendale.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      I was informed today that both games at ASU will be played at Oceanside Arena in Tempe, and not at Gila River Arena in Glendale.
                      Hopefully tickets will not be an issue.

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                      Just a heads up if it is Oceanside, be prepared for a band box, only seats 700, and really bad site lines. It is a unique place.

Comment

I had not heard this. We heard in an interview (I will post it on the ASU thread) that the Penn State series was going to be at Gila, but had not heard about this series, Quinnipiac or BU. The Coyotes are home that weekend, but was hoping for a split between the two venues. Tickets will be difficult. But we have this year and probably two more playing at Oceanside, unfortunately.

Comment

The alumni office is planning events that weekend based on e-mails I've received. I'm assuming they will have the entire allotment of Lowell tickets like they did for Colorado. I also hope that there won't be an issue for tickets as we've already booked our flights and hotel.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaryK View Post
                            The alumni office is planning events that weekend based on e-mails I've received. I'm assuming they will have the entire allotment of Lowell tickets like they did for Colorado. I also hope that there won't be an issue for tickets as we've already booked our flights and hotel.
                            IMO, if they're going to play in the 700 seater I say treat it like a home game

I mean, 50-100 tickets... at 100 that's 1/7th of the arena
                            Last edited by Patman; 07-24-2017, 10:45 AM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              IMO, if they're going to play in the 700 seater I say treat it like a home game

I mean, 50-100 tickets... at 100 that's 1/7th of the arena
                              I would say that number is similar to what Colgate had when they were in town. I laughed when you said "arena" though. Arena it is not. It is an ice rink with some bleachers on the side. It creates a nice cozy environment, but viewing can be rather difficult at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                                I would say that number is similar to what Colgate had when they were in town. I laughed when you said "arena" though. Arena it is not. It is an ice rink with some bleachers on the side. It creates a nice cozy environment, but viewing can be rather difficult at best.
                                I went to grad school at their 2000 seater

I use arena in the colloquial sense

Edit: visiting allotment between parents and fans is about 100 usually

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X