UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Article on former River Hawk Scott Wilson.

Comment

Looks like Bobby Robins decided that 2 years of retirement was enough, and is back in hockey as a coach.

Bobby Robins‏ @BobbyRobinsPro 17h17 hours ago

Honored to be named Head Coach for @Clubhielojaca in the Spanish National Ice Hockey League. Back in the game!
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Just to add it to this thread as well, Lowell Sun's article about the incoming frosh (and transfers)...
        Croix Evingson 2017 NHL Draft Profile

Comment

Scott Wilson had an assist on Pittsburgh's only goal tonight, as they lost 2-1. Game 7 in a couple of days.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

For those interested (Patman?) the 50th anniversary pint glasses are now available for sale, however they are expensive because they are packaging them with a donation:
            https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1355...4610&cid=11756

According the Facebook post I saw, the school claims these are very limited.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              Looks like Bobby Robins decided that 2 years of retirement was enough, and is back in hockey as a coach.
              Spain... interesting... I'm not even sure they compete in iihf tournaments
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                Spain... interesting... I'm not even sure they compete in iihf tournaments
                They finished 6th (last) in the Division II Group A World Championships this spring and are currently ranked 31st in the world.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

nevermind, missed Middle Streets post
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    They finished 6th (last) in the Division II Group A World Championships this spring and are currently ranked 31st in the world.
                    If his writing can sustain his income then he could live just about anywhere so I'm sure it's a good experience

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Surprised to see that Cam Ellsworth didn't get the job @ Michigan Tech....there lost and UML's gain...Ellsworth is going to be running a Div.1 Team in the next 2 years....he has the tools to get a Program going, learned from one of the better Coaches around in Norm Bazin.

Comment

Three names added to the Stanley cup... I think ruhwedel qualifies.

IIRC, the only other in our history is Craig mactavish

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post

Not sure if he played enough games maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Ruhwedel does not qualify. You have to play 40 regular season games or 1 game in the finals. He played 34 regular season games and didn't play in the finals after suffering a concussion earlier in the playoffs. They could petition to have him added if they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              Ruhwedel does not qualify. You have to play 40 regular season games or 1 game in the finals. He played 34 regular season games and didn't play in the finals after suffering a concussion earlier in the playoffs. They could petition to have him added if they want to.
                              He's certainly close and the concussion would be a great reason for a petition...
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                                I believe the same thing happened to Scott Wilson last season. I believe the NHL allows up to 52 names on the cup each year.
                                Last edited by boblav1; 06-12-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X