UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

Dylan Zink named a Second-Team All-American.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Congratulations to Dylan.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Has anyone heard about the non league schedule for next season? Hockey East will go to 24 league games so there will only be 10 games to fill. I believe the following games have been confirmed:

Omaha (x2)
        UMass Amherst
        @ St Lawrence
        @ Clarkson
        @ Arizona State (x2)

Speaking of 24 league games. Does anyone know the teams the Hawks will play three times next season?
        I wonder how this is going to work... will there be a pre-set rotation based on previous finish or just a set rotation or willl it be cherry picked (let's say, zoomass, Merrimack, providence, BU)
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Has anyone heard about the non league schedule for next season? Hockey East will go to 24 league games so there will only be 10 games to fill. I believe the following games have been confirmed:

Omaha (x2)
          UMass Amherst
          @ St Lawrence
          @ Clarkson
          @ Arizona State (x2)

Speaking of 24 league games. Does anyone know the teams the Hawks will play three times next season?
          Be great to avoid the non-league/third Amherst game because of the Alumni Cup and be able to schedule a stronger opponent. Maybe alter how they award the Cup like total goals in two games wins it?
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            I wonder how this is going to work... will there be a pre-set rotation based on previous finish or just a set rotation or willl it be cherry picked (let's say, zoomass, Merrimack, providence, BU)
            From a CHN interview:

When you look at our schedule for 2017-18 when we’re back at 11 teams, the coaches voted to add four games. So in addition to the home-away games against each opponent, each team will play an additional four games in the league, so we’ll have an imbalanced schedule.

We had Tim Danehy, who does computer programming for the NCAA, he figured out a way to take the previous year’s standings and make it fair. You want to make sure someone isn’t getting the top-four teams or the bottom-four teams in those extra games. You need to get a mix, and there is a point system working in there.

There’s the potential that, just because a team is eighth one year, it doesn’t mean they don’t have a good year the next, so you could have a schedule that has a concentration of very good teams. But no one wanted the alternative, which was 20 league games and 14 non-league games. Instead they wanted 24 and 10, so we’ll see how that goes. But I don’t see us getting to the point where we just take a 12th team because it isn’t working, we can make it work.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Apparently the HE schedule is done. According to the Mack Report, Merrimack will play BU, Northeastern, UMass and Providence three times next season.

Comment

Dylan Zink has signed with the Penguins

http://www.wbspenguins.com/2017/04/0...an-dylan-zink/
                What did you say?
                Who own the Chiefs?
                What did he say?
                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat
                  You guys pulled a UNH this year and sent an overmatched ND up against Denver. Now you see how hard single elimination is on a good team. As a hockey east fan I am very disappointed....
                  As i've mentioned elsewhere... it only bothers me if they didn't put in the effort... all kinds of things can go wrong and you go down by a bunch.

On the other hand, getting teams psychologically primed to play has been a hallmark of the Bazin era... that also means that other teams usually don't... and Notre Dame did that day and didn't in Chicago and didn't in Boston.

edit: Lowell made a few mistakes in the regional final game but I'm not unhappy with the effort
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

As i've mentioned elsewhere... it only bothers me if they didn't put in the effort... all kinds of things can go wrong and you go down by a bunch.

On the other hand, getting teams psychologically primed to play has been a hallmark of the Bazin era... that also means that other teams usually don't... and Notre Dame did that day and didn't in Chicago and didn't in Boston.

edit: Lowell made a few mistakes in the regional final game but I'm not unhappy with the effort
                    I agree with you. It's not like Lowell didn't show up for the game.

Comment

Lots of talk on Twitter of Blaise going back to Coach at Niagara again. I hope it happens for him.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Final USCHO poll is out and Lowell finishes at No. 4 for the season.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Lots of talk on Twitter of Blaise going back to Coach at Niagara again. I hope it happens for him.
                          Interesting. Blaise just finished his fifth season at Colby where his son Cam plays for him. Time flies, it's hard to believe he has a son that's a junior in college. The best of luck to Blaise where ever he coaches.

Jeff Cox‏ @JeffCoxSports
                          Niagara going in diff. direction, will not bring in alum. Jason Lammers, Ethan Moreau, Blaise MacDonald in for 2nd interviews next 3 days.
                          Last edited by boblav1; 04-10-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Evan Campbell signed with Bakersfield, Edmonton's AHL affiliate, today. Wonder if he'll be on a line with Joe Gambardella.

Comment

Metcalf leave team

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                                Metcalf leave team
                                Nothing on Twitter but he's no longer listed on the roster so gone. No surprise there.
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X