February

6 -- American International

9 -- at Boston College

10 -- at UMass Amherst

16 -- at Providence

17 -- Providence

23 -- at Merrimack

24 -- Merrimack
    Last edited by boblav1; 05-04-2017, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell Off-Season 2017: Next verse, same as the first

.........did I read this right? Amherst is only on the schedule twice?

good.

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
        .........did I read this right? Amherst is only on the schedule twice?

good.
        Hmm weird. UNH and VT 3 times each and 1 of the 3 against VT isn't in the Catamount Cup? Must be mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
          Hmm weird. UNH and VT 3 times each and 1 of the 3 against VT isn't in the Catamount Cup? Must be mistakes.
          Unless the format has changed, they do that weird format where the match ups are set in advance, and the winner is determined by goal differential over both games. That means Lowell will probably not be playing Vermont in the tournament.

Comment

I wonder if UMA will be paired with Lowell in the Catamount Cup? I hope not.

On paper, that looks like a weak OOC schedule. ASU has been getting better each season though.

I'm not surprised to see Bentley given the new arena. I assume UML will visit them the year after in the new barn.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

On paper, that looks like a weak OOC schedule. ASU has been getting better each season though.

I'm not surprised to see Bentley given the new arena. I assume UML will visit them the year after in the new barn.
              The Catamount Cup is Vermont, Lowell, Harvard, and St. Lawrence.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

UNO, St. Lawrence and Clarkson are the only appetizing matchups OOC. If we play Harvard, that would be great, otherwise it's SLU twice.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  UNO, St. Lawrence and Clarkson are the only appetizing matchups OOC. If we play Harvard, that would be great, otherwise it's SLU twice.
                  Yeah if that's the whole OOC schedule the Omaha games would be about as close to "must win" as you can get in the second week of the season. Not gonna get any SOS bump from AZ, AIC or Bentley.
                  Last edited by Fishhawk; 05-04-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the late November/December part of the schedule. 10 day break for Thanksgiving, Bentley on a Tuesday, 9 day break, home/home with BU, then a 3-week break for Christmas. That's almost too much time off, especially for the early part of the season.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post

The home games with Bentley and AIC are on Tuesday nights.

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite...&delivery=view
                      Last edited by boblav1; 05-04-2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                        Yeah if that's the whole OOC schedule the Omaha games would be about as close to "must win" as you can get in the second week of the season. Not gonna get any SOS bump from AZ, AIC or Bentley.
                        It's 34 games, so it's complete.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          The Catamount Cup games are both listed as "Harvard/St. Lawrence" on the schedule, and given that the Catamount has traditionally been a regular knockout tournament (winner plays winner for cup, loser plays loser for consolation) but rather played with predetermined matchups and the winner decided by goal differential, I'm led to believe Lowell will play both and the order hasn't been decided yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            The Catamount Cup is Vermont, Lowell, Harvard, and St. Lawrence.
                            I am so going to Burlington
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Bentley and AIC? W T F ?
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

I do wonder if some of this scheduling is to make it easier for the program to have some success this year. I think with the amount of talent that left, and a good number of frosh coming in, this might be a way to get them some "easier" games?
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X