Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    They had a pretty good season with Matt Cassel (11-5) when Brady went down. They were 3-1 last year with Garappolo & Brissett when Brady was suspended. Maybe the hoodie knows something and isn't just lucky.
    Teams didn't really know what to practice with Cassel, Garappolo & Brissett. No real thought of what they would do offensively, but having Randy Moss with a rag-tag of fresh running backs certainly helped Cassel, and a great kicker.

Without Brady it would have been harder but not impossible to build the New York Yankees of football. Having early success with Brady certainly helped build what they are know though, veterans without a ring taking a pay cut to chase a ring is becoming un-heard of except in Foxborough.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Re: Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

Why are you talking about NFL football on a College Hockey Forum???? How about some input about NMU's 2017-18 returning players and incoming recruits instead????

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
        Why are you talking about NFL football on a College Hockey Forum???? How about some input about NMU's 2017-18 returning players and incoming recruits instead????
        I think you lost the plot. It was there. It's April, and the USCHO Fan Forum always devolves after the Frozen Four is over.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

I get that but wouldn't it be better to stick to NMU college hockey discussions????

Comment

I get that but wouldn't it be better to stick to NMU college hockey discussions????
            So start one.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Looks like Northern lost another top recruit.

http://lincolnstars.com/2017/04/13/j...te-university/
              "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

This sucks as Defenseman Luke Jaycox would have stepped in and played right away for NMU as a Freshman in 2017-18....

Comment

This sucks as Defenseman Luke Jaycox would have stepped in and played right away for NMU as a Freshman in 2017-18....
                  That stuff can happen when you have a coaching change. I saw that Chris Dilks is saying Northern has now lost 3 of 6 incoming freshmen. Kids have changed their minds and decided to go elsewhere. I think the other 2 were Howarth and Gilling?

Comment

Interesting that the three who decomitted went to two NCHC schools and one Hockey East.

Obviously from that, NMU was still able to lure the "not quite blue chip, but still sought after prospects," so it will be interesting to see how the new staff recruits.

I know of one recruit NMU was looking at who had one brother who went to a B1G school and another to an NCHC school.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      I think you lost the plot. It was there. It's April, and the USCHO Fan Forum always devolves after the Frozen Four is over.

GFM
                      Yes, what new news regarding the head coach do we have to talk about for NMU? As NMU is not my team, why would I talk about your recruits? Just a friendly being, well friendly.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        That stuff can happen when you have a coaching change. I saw that Chris Dilks is saying Northern has now lost 3 of 6 incoming freshmen. Kids have changed their minds and decided to go elsewhere. I think the other 2 were Howarth and Gilling?
                        Gilling went to Miami and Howarth to UConn
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

NMU recruit Kale Horwath (6'4" 200lbs) that signed with UConn had 30 goals & 28 assists (58 points) last season for the Trail Smoke Eaters in the BCHL.... Another player that would have helped NMU right away????

Comment

What's interesting is that I don't recall there being this much flux when Rick left for MSU and Walt was hired. In fact, some of the recruits coming to campus were quoted in 2002 as saying they didn't care who the coach was.

Funny how it's a complete 180 from then.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Much different story back then. The program was much more competitive in 2002 than now.
                              Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

With the candidates list narrowed, and remaining somewhat confidential, let's take a guess for fun at the candidates and the odds of them being the next head coach:

Code:
                                Dave Shyiak			1/9 
                                Morey Gare			1/4 
                                Brian Renfrew			2/7 
                                Doug Garrow			5/9 
                                Mark Carlson			3/5 
                                Tim Coghlin			4/5 
                                Jim Hiller			1/1 
                                Nathan Oystrick			6/5 
                                Mike Gibbons			7/5 
                                Rob Lehtinen			8/5 
                                Cary Eades			2/1 
                                Rob Facca			5/2 
                                Scott Beattie			3/1 
                                Troy Ward			7/2 
                                Ryan Riipi			4/1 
                                Field				7/1 
                                John Olver			8/1 
                                John Kyle			10/1 
                                Tom Laidlaw			14/1
                                Bill Zaniboni			16/1 
                                Tom Brown			20/1 
                                Rick Comley			28/1
                                Walt Kyle w/ fake mustache	30/1 
                                Culligan Water Cooler		40/1
                                Don Waddell			46/1
                                Rick Comley, Jr.		50/1 
                                Tom Anastos			55/1 
                                Peter Michelutti		60/1 
                                Phil Axtell			70/1 
                                Jim Jackson			99/1
                                Last edited by aparch; 04-15-2017, 04:01 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X