Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

What an amazing hire by NMU. A new chapter in NMU hockey begins today.

As for me, my mission is done. This is the last post I will ever be making on the USCHO forums. I will forever cherish the friendships I've made and the moments we have shared together. As American author Karen Kingsbury wrote, "Goodbyes are on of the hardest things about life. One way or another people were always leaving... Always moving on." You all have my sincerest goodbyes and my fondest wishes.

Forever yours,

boot_walt_kyle

Comment

• Originally posted by MOJO View Post
      I'm in complete agreement. A very pleasant surprise at that!!!
      I was impressed, and I've heard from many around Minnesota, USHL, Big Ten, all with good recommendations.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
        What an amazing hire by NMU. A new chapter in NMU hockey begins today.

As for me, my mission is done. This is the last post I will ever be making on the USCHO forums. I will forever cherish the friendships I've made and the moments we have shared together. As American author Karen Kingsbury wrote, "Goodbyes are on of the hardest things about life. One way or another people were always leaving... Always moving on." You all have my sincerest goodbyes and my fondest wishes.

Forever yours,

boot_walt_kyle
        So you're not going to tell us who's troll account you were
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          So you're not going to tell us who's troll account you were
          If the team goes thru a tough week or two she'll be back trolling as boot-grant-Potulny

Comment

Potulny is also a youngster at (37) years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Tremendous hire. I am now a big fan of current AD office at NMU. From beginning to end they did a great job. Cheers to a new direction, everyone!
              Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
              M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Glad they went out of the family. No HC experience so some learning there.

Too early to say how good he can be or not. I think much depends on his AC choices as well. I thought it was kind of funny to say because of the size of the rink to recruit for speed. Is there a time you DON'T recruit for speed?

Have not heard of any budget increase. Hopefully he is not hampered but commits he doesn't want. I know that sounds bad but what are you going to do if a kid Kyle recruited doesn't fit his "systems and style"?

Being on the younger side he might see this as a stepping stone, question is how long if he does really well?

Comment

Congrats Wildcats.....warm him up a few years and when he gets good maybe we can steal him back.
                  National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Northbynorthwest View Post

Too early to say how good he can be or not. I think much depends on his AC choices as well. I thought it was kind of funny to say because of the size of the rink to recruit for speed. Is there a time you DON'T recruit for speed?

Have not heard of any budget increase. Hopefully he is not hampered but commits he doesn't want. I know that sounds bad but what are you going to do if a kid Kyle recruited doesn't fit his "systems and style"?

Being on the younger side he might see this as a stepping stone, question is how long if he does really well?
                    Had to chime in to your comment about speed. Some schools prefer bigger players who can be physical. Check out who Maine has recruited for example. Some schools have been known for trying to slow things down. Merrimack used to try to play to advantage of its rink (small) before going towards speed in recent years. There are examples.
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Northbynorthwest View Post

speed is a simplistic word to explain it but there is a type of player that will do better on a big sheet by taking advantage of the extra spacing.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Congrats on an excellent new coach. He was definitely not on my radar. No reason NMU shouldn't become a perennial contender in the new WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          speed is a simplistic word to explain it but there is a type of player that will do better on a big sheet by taking advantage of the extra spacing.
                          Really more about ice sense, and granted some schools may go for more size, it's obvious the game is about speed first then size.

Comment

Wow, great pick!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
                              Really more about ice sense, and granted some schools may go for more size, it's obvious the game is about speed first then size.
                              It is, more and more. But it wasn't long ago teams like Tech (and yes, Walt Kyle too) were recruiting d-men like John Scott and then trying to teach them to skate. It wasn't fun to watch. You can see how changes in the NHL have changed youth development over the last decade or two.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                I love it. Northern is bringing an invasive species of rodent into the heart of the UP that will make the rivalry fun again. Isn't he the knucklehead that started screaming at Captain Brett Olson during a game a few years ago, raising the ire of Billy Muckalt?
                                Tell the whole story. MTU got a bit chippy, so tDon answered with putting out his #1 PP unit, to further bury MTU. That made Muckalt mad, he started chirping, and G Money answered the bell.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X