Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Tell the whole story. MTU got a bit chippy, so tDon answered with putting out his #1 PP unit, to further bury MTU. That made Muckalt mad, he started chirping, and G Money answered the bell.
    Now that you mention it, it was Lucia that started that whole thing by screaming at Olson as he skated past the bench. I remember that bemused look The Captain gave back to Lucy. Potulny had to step in for his embarrassing boss before he made a bigger fool of himself. I'm guessing Potulny is okay...
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: Northern Michigan University 2017 Off-Season. Zihuatanejo.

3 HS titles as a player, 2 NCAA titles as a player and 2 WJC championships as an assistant. Will be interesting to see how he handles a bit of adversity that I assume he'll face in the beginning. Good luck to him and NMU.

Comment

• According to Ryan Stieg from the Mining Journal, Potulny signed a 5-year contract with NMU with "financial terms still being worked out."

Comment

I think Northern made the right choice with this pick .

Comment

Congrats to NMU on the hire. Sounds like many are happy with the choice.

Comment

Any idea on who the assistants will be?
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
                Glad they went out of the family. No HC experience so some learning there.

Too early to say how good he can be or not. I think much depends on his AC choices as well. I thought it was kind of funny to say because of the size of the rink to recruit for speed. Is there a time you DON'T recruit for speed?

Have not heard of any budget increase. Hopefully he is not hampered but commits he doesn't want. I know that sounds bad but what are you going to do if a kid Kyle recruited doesn't fit his "systems and style"?

Being on the younger side he might see this as a stepping stone, question is how long if he does really well?
                Shyiak recruited bigs to try and slow down the faster and more skillful opponents in the oldWCHA.

Good get, thinking outside the box.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Any idea on who the assistants will be?
                  Nope. I'm sure that won't be decided unti after next week's WCHA Meetings and AHCA coaches convention. I'm sure he will keep the names to himself until the hires are made. He did say he'd be meeting with the current assistants on Friday.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

DD, would you say this hire means that there is a bigger commitment on the part of administration, to funding hockey?
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      DD, would you say this hire means that there is a bigger commitment on the part of administration, to funding hockey?
                      I don't see how this would infer an increased funding commitment.
                      Last edited by davyd83; 04-19-2017, 07:32 PM.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

What are the chances that Potulny will keep NMU assistant coach Rob Lehtinen on his new staff???? What about Doc Lehtinen????
                        Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 04-21-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

**sigh**

Another year, another Packer home game on the probable Green Bay weekend (10/20-21)... Guess this is karma for getting a hotel room for like $40/night for the weekend back in 2013 or whenever the last time hotels were under $175/night...
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            **sigh**

Another year, another Packer home game on the probable Green Bay weekend (10/20-21)... Guess this is karma for getting a hotel room for like $40/night for the weekend back in 2013 or whenever the last time hotels were under $175/night...
                            why didn't you just make a reservation for the likely weekends and then cancel the ones you don't need?
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              why didn't you just make a reservation for the likely weekends and then cancel the ones you don't need?
                              All Fall weekends command the same rate as a football weekend this far in advance. Hotels don't drop the prices on the bye/away weekends till after the schedule is released. I could book early, but I'm paying $300+ for a two night stay in a two-star hotel. Then I'm asking for price matches as the rates plummet. There is no incentive to book early. It just adds hassle.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                                What are the chances that Potulny will keep NMU assistant coach Rob Lehtinen on his new staff???? What about Doc Lehtinen????

No chance Jr stays. Maybe Rob. And Doc can remain as team doctor....but should not be on the bench acting like a coach.
                                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Working...
                                X