Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93

Thread: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

  1. #61
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by BSUBeavs View Post
    Up 2-1 on Air Force with about 13 min to play. Well played game again from the Beavers. I think this team is much better than last years. Very disappointed with the Student Section sitting for most of the game. Seem very disinterested tonight. Hope thats not a regular thing or a product of the new seating arrangement. Generally it has gotten better once conference play starts so hopefully it will this year as well. As i'm typing this myles scores a great goal to make it 3-1
    I heard from a father of a student that the ushers were ordering the student section to sit, which was coming from higher up. If I had to guess, since they moved the students to the sides, there may have been some complaints from season ticket holders at center ice.

    I will be at the game tomorrow night, so I can see what is up.

  2. #62
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    Beavers 4, Air Force 1, final

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    I heard from a father of a student that the ushers were ordering the student section to sit, which was coming from higher up. If I had to guess, since they moved the students to the sides, there may have been some complaints from season ticket holders at center ice.

    I will be at the game tomorrow night, so I can see what is up.
    If that is true the decision to move the student section was awful. I was a fan of it at first but if they can't even stand up that's just terrible. I am a recent grad and my freshman year we tried to stand in that section and were told not to by Ushers as well so it wouldn't surprise me but I figured they would try to get the season ticket holders in better spots to not have the bad views or figure out logistics a little better. I guess I should know better with this Athletic department.
    Last edited by BSUBeavs; 10-21-2017 at 01:14 AM.

  4. #64
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by BSUBeavs View Post
    If that is true the decision to move the student section was awful. I was a fan of it at first but if they can't even stand up that's just terrible. I am a recent grad and my freshman year we tried to stand in that section and were told not to by Ushers as well so it wouldn't surprise me but I figured they would try to get the season ticket holders in better spots to not have the bad views or figure out logistics a little better. I guess I should know better with this Athletic department.
    I got a message today that there was somewhat of a standoff between the students and the athletic higher ups. The deal was that if the students sat for last night's game, the two student sections would be combined back together. The student section will now be from the zamboni doors to the Visitor's bench and be able to stand. Hopefully this will work for everyone involved. But it is really looking like the athletic department messed this one up.
    Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 10-21-2017 at 10:36 AM.

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    I got a message today that there was somewhat of a standoff between the students and the athletic higher ups. The deal was that if the students sat for last night's game, the two student sections would be combined back together. The student section will now be from the zamboni doors to the Visitor's bench and be able to stand. Hopefully this will work for everyone involved. But it is really looking like the athletic department messed this one up.
    Well hopefully it is all figured out. Certainly looks like a mess though

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    Struggling big time defensively tonight. Down 4-1 with 4:28 remaining in the second period. Pulling Bitzer. Thats very surprising to me.... Henry Johnson, Freshman from Minneapolis in net.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    Down 4-1 have 2 pp's we don't even get a shot off on 5 on 3 PP virtually nothing on a 5 on 4. Going into third down 4-1. Lets see if we have another dominant 3rd period in us.

  8. #68
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by BSUBeavs View Post
    Down 4-1 have 2 pp's we don't even get a shot off on 5 on 3 PP virtually nothing on a 5 on 4. Going into third down 4-1. Lets see if we have another dominant 3rd period in us.
    Looked lime the teams flipped flopped over tje 24 hours between games. Friday night, BSU looked crisp and in good form, Saturday, it was Air Force. I thought the Beavers looked sloppy on Saturday and Bitzer had a very off night...

    Oh well, time to shake it off and get ready for Ferris to start the Defense of the MacNaughton! GO GREEN!

  9. #69
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    Former and Future Beavers Update
    As of 10/25/2017

    FORMER BEAVERS
    -Matt Read-Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL) 5 GP, 1G-0A-1 Pts., 2 PIM, +1 (Recalled by Philadelphia)
    *********Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) 1 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM, +0
    -Brad Hunt-Vegas Golden Knights (NHL) 4 GP, 0G-4A-4 Pts., 2 PIM, +2
    -Ruslan Pedan-HK Sochi (KHL) 12 GP, 1G-1A-2 Pts., 10 PIM -1
    *********Dizel Penza (VHL) 5 GP, 1G-0A-1 Pts, 6 PIM
    -Matt Prapavessis-HC Nove Zamky (Slovakia) 16 GP, 3G-3A-6 Pts., 8 PIM
    -Cory Ward-Manchester Monarchs (ECHL) 5 GP, 2G-2A-4 Pts., 2 PIM, +1
    -John Parker-South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL) 0 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM, +0
    -Riley Weselowski-Rapid City Rush (ECHL) 2 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM, +1
    -Nate Arentz-Jacksonville Icemen (ECHL) 0 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM, +0
    -Sam Windle-Utah Grizzlies (ECHL) 3 GP, 0G-1A-1 Pts., 4 PIM, +0
    -Brandon Marino-Brampton Beast (ECHL) 5 GP, 4G-2A-6 Pts., 4 PIM, -2
    -Radoslav Illo-HC Zlin (Czech) 9 GP, 1G-1A-2 Pts., 6 PIM
    *********AZ Havirov (Czech 2) 1 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM
    -Garrett Ladd-Coventry Blaze (British EIHL) 3 GP, 2G-0A-2 Pts., 0 PIM
    *********EIHL Cup 3 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM
    -Brendan Harms-Utah Grizzlies (ECHL) 3 GP, 0G-1A-1 Pts., 2 PIM, +2
    -Charlie OíConnor-Toledo Walleye (ECHL) 1 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM, +0
    -Phillip Marinaccio-Storhamar (Norway) 0 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM, +0
    -Mathieu Dugas-Saint Georges COOL-FM (LNAH) 4 GP, 0W-2L-0SOL, 89.5 Save %, 3.65 GAA, 0 SO, 0 PIM
    -Matt Climie-HKM Zvolen (Slovakia) 11 GP, 90.9 Save %, 2.59 GAA, 0 PIM, 0 SO (No longer active?)
    -Jamie MacQueen-Eisbaren Berlin (Germany) 16 GP, 5G-4A-9 Pts., 6 PIM
    -Aaron McLeod-Herner EV 2007 (Germany3) 8 GP, 4G-11A-15 Pts., 4 PIM
    -Graeme McCormack- Gap Rapaces (France) 12 GP, 1G-4A-5 Pts., 2 PIM
    *********Champions HL 6 GP, 0G-2A-2 Pts., 0 PIM
    -Matt Dalton-Anyang Halla (Asia League) 14 GP, 93.2 Save %, 1.97 GAA, 0 SO, 0 PIM
    -Tyler Scofield- Braehead Clan (EIHL) 11 GP, 1G-5A-6 Pts., 0 PIM
    *********EIHL Cup 2 GP, 2G-1A-3 Pts., 0 PIM
    -Matt Pope-Cardiff Devils (EIHL) 4 GP, 1G-2A-3 Pts., 0 PIM
    *********EIHL Cup 4 GP, 2G-1A-3 Pts., 2 PIM
    *********Champions HL 5 GP, 2G-1A, 3 Pts., 4 PIM
    -Jordan George-Fischtown Penguins (Germany) 12 GP, 1G-0A-1 Pts., 4 PIM
    -Brance Orban- MAC Budapest (Erste Liga) 12 GP, 0G-5A-5 Pts., 0 PIM
    *********Hungary (International) 1 GP, 2G-0A-2 Pts., 0 PIM
    -Niko Suoraniemi-KMH Budapest (Slovakia 3) 0 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM
    -Mikka Lindholm-KJT Miehet (Finland II) 5 GP, 2G-2A-4 Pts., 0 PIM
    *********Suomen Cup 3 GP, 2G-3A-5 Pts., 0 PIM

    -Stephanie Anderson-Kunlun Red Stars (CWHL) 2 GP, 0G-0A-0Pts., 6 PIM, -2
    -Kaitlyn Tougas-MODO (Sweden) 0 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM, +0

    BEAVER RECRUITS
    -Bradley Belise (2018), F-Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) 14 GP, 1G-4A-5 Pts., 8 PIM
    -Tyler Jubenvill (2018), D-Ceder Rapids Roughriders (USHL) 5 GP, 1G-0A-1 Pts., 0 PIM, -2
    -Ross Armour, (2018) F-Trail Smoke Eaters (BCHL) 15 GP, 11G-12A-23 Pts., 20 PIM
    -Owen Sillinger, (2018) F-Penticton Vees (BCHL) 12 GP, 4G-8A-12 Pts., 4 PIM
    -Will Zmolek, (2019) D-Cedar Rapids Roughriders (USHL) 5 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 6 PIM, +3
    -Nicholas Cardelli, (2018) F-Fargo Force (USHL) 0 GP, 0G-0A-0 Pts., 0 PIM, +0
    -Kyle Looft, D-Ceder Rapids Roughriders (USHL) 5 GP, 0G-1A-1 Pts., 15 PIM, -3
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  10. #70
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    Looks like the Beavers will be without Zach Whitecloud for the Mankato series November 10 and 11. Congrats to Zach on being named to Team Canada for a pre-Olympic Tournament

    http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sports...nt-reports-say

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Looks like the Beavers will be without Zach Whitecloud for the Mankato series November 10 and 11. Congrats to Zach on being named to Team Canada for a pre-Olympic Tournament

    http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/sports...nt-reports-say
    Good for him but this hurts the beavs quite a bit especially if he makes the roster for the real thing. I was expecting Bitzer to get a shot with Team USA as well but it looks like that team is pretty much all comprised of guys playing in europe and a minor leaguer or two

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    Really good and entertaining game. Wish we would've been able to get the 3 points for pairwise purposes and by all accounts should've with how well we played but the Ferris goalie was very good tonight. Great to still pick up 2 points against a team with a hot goalie tonight though. Bitzer has had a couple rough games in a row with 6 goals given up on just 37 shots. He will get it back together i'm sure. Lets get the 3 tomorrow night.

  13. #73
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    I just wish this team could play in front of a somewhat full barn.... I guess having the games on Lakeland the last few years may not have been the problem. I watched the WCHA.TV feed last night and if it was half full, that would be pushing it.

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    31,216
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    I just wish this team could play in front of a somewhat full barn.... I guess having the games on Lakeland the last few years may not have been the problem. I watched the WCHA.TV feed last night and if it was half full, that would be pushing it.
    I hate to say it, but most of your rivals went to the NCHC and B1G. Ferris vs. NoDak or UMD or Gophers?? You and Mankato got forked over.

  15. #75
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    I hate to say it, but most of your rivals went to the NCHC and B1G. Ferris vs. NoDak or UMD or Gophers?? You and Mankato got forked over.
    Yeah, it was unfortinate, but it is time to move on and embrace the new league. There is some d*** good hockey being played by the Beavers right now and they are not getting the support they deserve.

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    357

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    Three weeks in a row with home games is tough on the pocketbook. Even if the family buys in the Log Jam section (tickets start at $12)...and a hot dog and drink per person each night, a family of four would spend ~$100 a night.

  17. #77
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockey View Post
    Three weeks in a row with home games is tough on the pocketbook. Even if the family buys in the Log Jam section (tickets start at $12)...and a hot dog and drink per person each night, a family of four would spend ~$100 a night.
    I agree it is a little rough on families. They need to bring back the family four pack they had a couple of years ago. Four tickets, two popcorns and four pops for $50. Don't have to offer it for the UMD and UND games, but the rest, the seats seem to be available.

    One thing I have noticed this year when looking at Ticketmaster, there doesn't seem to be any youth pricing.....
    Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 10-28-2017 at 03:21 PM.

  18. #78
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    Beavers 3, Ferris State 0. Myles Fitzgerald with two and Dan Billett with one. Bitzer with his 18th career shutout. Didn't get to see the game as we had a Halloween Party with the kiddos tonight.

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    I hate to say it, but most of your rivals went to the NCHC and B1G. Ferris vs. NoDak or UMD or Gophers?? You and Mankato got forked over.
    I agree. I wouldíve and still would much rather be in the NCHC. That being said we have played very well the last couple seasons and have a lot of good teams in the WCHA this season. Unfortunately I just donít know that we will ever be able to fill up Sanford Center more than for premium games. The BSU athletic department keeps trying to figure out ways to get more people to games. The answer is to lower the ticket prices. You need to create a demand for tickets. You do that by winning games consistently and at first you need to bite the bullet and charge less for tickets. That will get more people in the building, exposed to the program and see that they can win regularly, more people will come then there is a demand for tickets then you can raise the prices. This is basic stuff that they just canít figure out.

  20. #80
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

    Congrats to Michael Bitzer on being named the WCHA Goaltender of the Month for October. Bitzer was also listed as one of twenty candidates for the Senior CLASS Award, which Brendan Harms won last year.
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •