Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bemidji State Beavers: Defending the MacNaughton 2017-18

Three weeks in a row with home games is tough on the pocketbook. Even if the family buys in the Log Jam section (tickets start at $12)...and a hot dog and drink per person each night, a family of four would spend ~$100 a night.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockey View Post
      Three weeks in a row with home games is tough on the pocketbook. Even if the family buys in the Log Jam section (tickets start at $12)...and a hot dog and drink per person each night, a family of four would spend ~$100 a night.
      I agree it is a little rough on families. They need to bring back the family four pack they had a couple of years ago. Four tickets, two popcorns and four pops for $50. Don't have to offer it for the UMD and UND games, but the rest, the seats seem to be available.

One thing I have noticed this year when looking at Ticketmaster, there doesn't seem to be any youth pricing.....
      Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 10-28-2017, 02:21 PM.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Beavers 3, Ferris State 0. Myles Fitzgerald with two and Dan Billett with one. Bitzer with his 18th career shutout. Didn't get to see the game as we had a Halloween Party with the kiddos tonight.
        Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          I hate to say it, but most of your rivals went to the NCHC and B1G. Ferris vs. NoDak or UMD or Gophers?? You and Mankato got forked over.
          I agree. I would’ve and still would much rather be in the NCHC. That being said we have played very well the last couple seasons and have a lot of good teams in the WCHA this season. Unfortunately I just don’t know that we will ever be able to fill up Sanford Center more than for premium games. The BSU athletic department keeps trying to figure out ways to get more people to games. The answer is to lower the ticket prices. You need to create a demand for tickets. You do that by winning games consistently and at first you need to bite the bullet and charge less for tickets. That will get more people in the building, exposed to the program and see that they can win regularly, more people will come then there is a demand for tickets then you can raise the prices. This is basic stuff that they just can’t figure out.

Comment

Congrats to Michael Bitzer on being named the WCHA Goaltender of the Month for October. Bitzer was also listed as one of twenty candidates for the Senior CLASS Award, which Brendan Harms won last year.
            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Tried to watch game tonight on WCHA.tv Apparently alaska doesn't have sound with their broadcasts? Surprising to me. Trying to watch it on that while listening on Beaver Radio Network but video is a solid 30-40 seconds behind. Oops never mind just took forever for sound to kick in.

Comment

4-3 Over time loss. Defense has been very inconsistent so far this season.

Comment

You can always pause the audio until the video catches up...then play the audio. I realize it's a pain to do, but video will always take longer to reach the masses than audio will.

Comment

You can always pause the audio until the video catches up...then play the audio. I realize it's a pain to do, but video will always take longer to reach the masses than audio will.
                    True. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that. Missed the first two periods tonight and just started watching. See that we have given up 2 goals on just 10 shots. Defense or goalie? Starting to get a little worried about bitzer. He really hasn’t been very good since the second Air Force game. Giving up goals that he wouldn’t have last year. Hopefully he figures it out

Comment

The 2 UAF goals were good goals...not on Bitzer. In fact, coach said, "Bitzer earned his scholarship tonight" during the post game.

Comment

The 2 UAF goals were good goals...not on Bitzer. In fact, coach said, "Bitzer earned his scholarship tonight" during the post game.
                        Fair enough. I didn’t see them so I can’t judge but I’m just based on what I’ve seen the last few games. He doesn’t seem to be stopping as many shots as he was last year and seems to be letting in shots that he wouldn’t have last year. Granted those are ridiculously high expectations as I think he was the best goalie in the country last year. He was great in the third period last night though so hopefully that will help him get back to that level

Comment

If we hope to have a chance to get into the NCAA’s this weekend is a huge series. Think we need to get at least 4 points but a sweep would be huge and would probably give us a nice boost in the pairwise. We have played very well against Mankato lately so I’m thinking a sweep is very possible.

Comment

Beaver Defenseman Zach Whitecloud had an assist in today's Team Canada 3-2 victory over Switzerland at the Karjala Cup in Finland
                            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Missed last nights game. By the looks of the score that might be a good thing. 5-2 loss. Ouch. Tonight is a shoot out at 4-3 with a few minutes left in the second. A lot of goals this weekend. Not exactly what I was expecting out of this series.

Comment

8-6 loss tonight. Ouch. Just no defense in the game tonight. After these 2 games we dropped from 15 to 32 in the pairwise and already 10 points back in WCHA. Obviously time to move up in both but definitely need to play better than we did this weekend. The next two weekends after the bye will provide opportunities against teams above us in pairwise. Hopefully we can get Princeton back for last year. We always struggle with BG and its on the road but hopefully we can get some momentum before that series.
                                Last edited by BSUBeavs; 11-11-2017, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X