Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

UMD over DU in the final. But I have bad memories facing DU in Boston in 04. UMD generally plays well and with heart except for whatever happened vs OSU. Saw them split at Denver earlier this year and they could have easily swept; DU fans were on edge to squeak out that friday night win.

haven't seen enough of Harvard but for some reason i just dont see notre dame winning
    I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I have a hunch that Harvard comes out of this with the title. #3 overall seeded teams have done very well in the NCAA Tournament since conference realignment going a collective 13-1. Absent one of the most colossal goaltending miscues in recent college hockey history, and that number could have been 14-0.
      O'Connor, 2015?
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
        ...but for some reason i just dont see notre dame winning
        Ha! That's what I thought too heading into the NE Regional. They proved me wrong, twice.
        In a "one and done" tournament, anything can happen.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I guess DU having 7 knocks them down a bit, but I'm honestly not too upset by any of these teams winning.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Everyone is on the DU train but I've seen them as good but not the prohibitive favorite. I think Harvard is going in very underrated and they'll give Denver a game. Duluth really looked slow and weak this past weekend in a weak regional. Notre Dame got through a really weak regional, although they beat the class of the regional in the semis.
            Clarkson Golden Knights Men
            10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
            5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
            21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
            ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
            ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
            12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
            National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              Stupid Norte Dame is going to keep ticket prices up

I was really hoping to get in the door for under $50 for both games...
              Contrary to some of the other comments on the thread, RaceBoarder knows the Secondary Market. Notice what he's saying. He was hoping to get in for 70% discount. But demand is picking up a little steam, so it looks like that won't be possible. But I'm sure he'll still be able to get in the building for less than face value.

The FF Secondary Market has been a buyer's market for a number of years. Caught with extra tickets? In general you'll be selling at a loss, if you're lucky enough to find a buyer at all.

OK, the ticket seller may be in a little stronger position in Boston or St. Paul. But for the other host cities, face value is up and demand is down. For a number of years, everyone in the lottery has been able to get tickets upfront, at face value. For these reasons, scalpers and speculators are basically gone from the Priority Lottery.

It needs to remembered that the tournament is becoming increasingly expensive to attend, and that's tough on the Average Joe. But it's also important to understand how the market is actually working. There are ticket discounts to be had with a little legwork.

Comment

Before this thing started I had UMD over DU 4-3 so I'm sticking with it. With that said I could easily see Harvard win it all. I was impressed with them this past weekend
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                  Contrary to some of the other comments on the thread, RaceBoarder knows the Secondary Market. Notice what he's saying. He was hoping to get in for 70% discount. But demand is picking up a little steam, so it looks like that won't be possible. But I'm sure he'll still be able to get in the building for less than face value.

The FF Secondary Market has been a buyer's market for a number of years. Caught with extra tickets? In general you'll be selling at a loss, if you're lucky enough to find a buyer at all.
                  I think as these next 2 weeks start ticking away the prices are going to rise as the folks in South Bend figure out the Fartin Irish are going to be there in Chicago an hour away from campus. I have to think people will be driving to Chicago from that area without tickets in hand possibly which could keep prices high around the arena right up to puck drop. I feel like going back to 1 ticket probably helps prices as well - you have 4 fanbases going after 1 ticket to get in for Thursday rather than splitting up a portion that would be ok just going to 'their' game.

As for me, I have an extra ticket but I'm bringing Lennay Kekua so it's not for sale!
                  Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-27-2017, 08:19 AM.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I like that Harvard is going under the radar here. You have a "home" team with the large, annoying fanbase that people may focus on as having a chance because of the crowd in spite of being a 4 seed. And then you have the two clear top teams in the country getting the rest of the attention. I think conditions are ripe for a Harvard title perhaps.

HankWP must be pleased.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Also, there are NO "L" stops for the United Center. So your options are to either drive, or take the bus. Good news is the CTA L service and the CTA buses take the same transit passes.
                      Well crap, that makes getting to the arena extra annoying since I'll be taking the L around.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                        Everyone is on the DU train but I've seen them as good but not the prohibitive favorite. I think Harvard is going in very underrated and they'll give Denver a game. Duluth really looked slow and weak this past weekend in a weak regional. Notre Dame got through a really weak regional, although they beat the class of the regional in the semis.
                        Congrats on the chosen final Frozen Four! Being an ECAC guy, just have not seen the NCHC but in limited viewing they do look good especially Denver. It seemed like DU was just toying with their opponents...when they wanted to turn it on they did. That offensive style that Monty employs is just tremendous, very soccer-like in the structure and short passing. They got out of their zone very easily in transition and very few rings around the boards. That being said, it certainly helps to have the likes of Butcher, Borgstrom, Terry, etc. As FireKnight stated, DU vs Harvard would be a very interesting game with two high octane offensives that can get up and down and also have players that can "make" plays. In MnD defense, they played the equivalent of one extra game in the OT's they had and won but the benefit is that they are tourny-tested! As for ND, they were very opportunistic but I do not see them beating DU although playing at "home". Bjork was very good; honest 200 ft player. Good luck to all!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Well crap, that makes getting to the arena extra annoying since I'll be taking the L around.
                          There is a Green Line stop stop seven blocks to the northeast or a blue line stop five blocks to the south.

Most of the "fun" things are off the Red line, there are transfer stations in the loop where you can easily switch between lines of service without paying.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                            But I have bad memories facing DU in Boston in 04
                            The Maine people have bad memories also...I still can't believe it (and wouldn't if I hadn't been there and seen it with my own eyes). Can't believe they "disallowed" that Maine goal because the guy's skate was one inch into the crease, and that they didn't score on a 6 on 3 in the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                              Congrats on the chosen final Frozen Four! Being an ECAC guy, just have not seen the NCHC but in limited viewing they do look good especially Denver. It seemed like DU was just toying with their opponents...when they wanted to turn it on they did. That offensive style that Monty employs is just tremendous, very soccer-like in the structure and short passing. They got out of their zone very easily in transition and very few rings around the boards. That being said, it certainly helps to have the likes of Butcher, Borgstrom, Terry, etc. As FireKnight stated, DU vs Harvard would be a very interesting game with two high octane offensives that can get up and down and also have players that can "make" plays. In MnD defense, they played the equivalent of one extra game in the OT's they had and won but the benefit is that they are tourny-tested! As for ND, they were very opportunistic but I do not see them beating DU although playing at "home". Bjork was very good; honest 200 ft player. Good luck to all!
                              Not sure Harvard has the depth, though. If DU shuts down their big line I don't think they have enough firepower to stay with them.

Comment

In the 2015-2016 season Denver and Notre Dame met in a two game series in Magness Arena. The Friday night game ended in a 1-1 tie. The Saturday night game ended in a 2-2 tie.

In the Friday game, Trevor Moore scored for Denver while Connor Hurley scored for Notre Dame. In the Saturday game, Dylan Gambrell scored two goals for Denver, one a PPG and one even strength goal. For Notre Dame, Thomas DiPauli scored at even strength while Sam Herr scored with half a minute remaining in the third period after Notre Dame pulled its goalie in favor of an extra attacker.
                                sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Working...
                                X