Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

This outcome was really no surprise after having seen ND in the Hockey East tournament.

Comment

Well. Tech still hanging on the best goals against versus Denver in the tourney.

I don't see them losing Saturday. Impressive team.
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Wow, The Denver team in 2005 was pretty **** good...this team is even better. What a performance tonight. UMD is a different beast though. I saw them play Denver earlier in the season. No one on that team takes a shift off. They're extremely good.
        Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Bring back gary thorne
          Agree. I always thought Gary was one of the better hockey announcers. He's been a play-by-play announcer for the Baltimore Orioles since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Agree. I always thought Gary was one of the better hockey announcers. He's been a play-by-play announcer for the Baltimore Orioles since 2007.
            Agreed here too. Luckily I was bartending and couldn't hear the TV
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
              Well. Tech still hanging on the best goals against versus Denver in the tourney.

I don't see them losing Saturday. Impressive team.
              hear hear. cheers
              I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Hasn't happened a lot recently, but:
                Wisconsin - 2006
                Minnesota - 2002

You could also count 2015 (Hockey East was the host, but BU got to play in Boston).

I know Minnesota made a few Frozen Fours that were played in St. Paul, but I'm not sure if they were the "host." CC hosted the first 10 Frozen Fours and made several of those. Denver hosted a few in the '60s that they played in.

EDIT: 2 more additions: Brown hosted in '65 and BC hosted in '63.
                Illinois-Chicago should have been hosting this weekend. So what if they haven't had a Division I hockey team since 1996—just would have liked to have seen that fiery UIC logo on the ice ...
                "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

UMD is the greatest diving team of all time and I'm pretty proud of it. UND fans are just bitter because Cam Johnson got hit and Tucker Poolman got hurt. You guys wish you could dive like us!

Bring on Denver!
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    UMD is the greatest diving team of all time and I'm pretty proud of it. UND fans are just bitter because Cam Johnson got hit and Tucker Poolman got hurt. You guys wish you could dive like us!

Bring on Denver!
                    Brian Gionta would beg to differ (diffa?).
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      It's amazing what a very mediocre team can do with the gift of 4 home games.
                      Not everyone could face that murderers row of that one AHA team that year...
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Not everyone could face that murderers row of that one AHA team that year...

Not really our fault that the #2 overall seed couldn't get out of the first round.

Comment

Will be interesting to see Montgomery at pro level soon

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            I don't think it's just Sioux fans who noticed the soccer like flopping
                            Hell Melrose even mentioned it
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

So some of you DID notice the 3m platform someone installed at the united center.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                You could also count 2015 (Hockey East was the host, but BU got to play in Boston).
                                Don't forget that they lost to Providence, also a Hockey East school, in the Finals.

Interesting end of season for BU. Including the Hockey East Finals, four of their last six games were at the Garden.

Comment

Working...
                                X