Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    UMD has three seniors, plus the terrific sophomore Neal Pionk, on defense. If Soucy can play, that'll be four seniors, potentially. That is how UMD has handled aggressive forechecks all year long.
    Plus UMD plays really fast so I'm not sure how they're the slowest team in the Frozen Four. I have seen UMD struggle with aggressive forechecks in years past but this team just finds a way to win, but I haven't seen Harvard play a full game this year so I'm not sure what to look for.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Those who've been to more FFs than I, do you think it'd be better idea to buy a strip of tickets now on Stubhub (or here) or wait to buy them outside the arena? Hard to gauge ticket demand at this site with the UC being so big and no definitive home team.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The only issue I would have with waiting to buy outside the arena is where this arena is. If you don't get in, you're stuck in a part of the city with nothing around it that you could walk to. That being said, you'd probably get a better deal outside the arena.

Comment

mookie sees that hamilton is playing in chicago. secondary prices are still bonkers, but 1/4 of what the nyc market is. anyone interested in seeing it while there??
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            mookie sees that hamilton is playing in chicago. secondary prices are still bonkers, but 1/4 of what the nyc market is. anyone interested in seeing it while there??
            Let's talk!!

brassbonanza...I'm selling my two tickets if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Also, there are NO "L" stops for the United Center. So your options are to either drive, or take the bus. Good news is the CTA L service and the CTA buses take the same transit passes.
              [/url]
              Thanks for your local expertise.

Let me ask you, the Illinois Medical District Stop (Damen Exit) on the Blue Line seems to me to be close enough for an easy walk (3-5 long blocks maybe?) up to the Arena. Do you consider it not a feasible approach for some reason?

Also, I have read that the CTA runs special event buses from the Loop out to the arena for things like Blackhawk games, concerts, etc., but they did not list the Frozen Four in their upcoming events (yet?). Is this the bus that you are referring to above, or some other? How can I find details about this bus?

We're staying down by the North River with easy access to the Blue Line and other routes, and will probably get a 7-day CTA pass. Other than the games, our side trips will be the major museums and some dining out, I think.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Let's talk!!

brassbonanza...I'm selling my two tickets if you're interested.
                I only need one unfortunately
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                  Thanks for your local expertise.

Let me ask you, the Illinois Medical District Stop (Damen Exit) on the Blue Line seems to me to be close enough for an easy walk (3-5 long blocks maybe?) up to the Arena. Do you consider it not a feasible approach for some reason?

Also, I have read that the CTA runs special event buses from the Loop out to the arena for things like Blackhawk games, concerts, etc., but they did not list the Frozen Four in their upcoming events (yet?). Is this the bus that you are referring to above, or some other? How can I find details about this bus?

We're staying down by the North River with easy access to the Blue Line and other routes, and will probably get a 7-day CTA pass. Other than the games, our side trips will be the major museums and some dining out, I think.

Thanks!
                  To be fair, I'm in the far west 'burbs so anyone closer can chime in.

Regarding the Medical Center Blue Line stop: It's doable. I honestly forget that the station is on Damen, since the actual platform is two blocks east in the median of the expressway. (Google Map Street View it)

As for the bus, I was referring to the usual service they run on Madison St (#20). The #19 bus may be in service, I don't know about that.

As for food options, Greektown is to the east of the United Center by ten blocks. You'll find options along Halsted Ave. From 290 North toward Grand.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    I only need one unfortunately
                    Check your rep!

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
                      Here's the link for the information on the 19 Bus. I assume it will run for the four. http://www.transitchicago.com/bus/19/
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                        Here's the link for the information on the 19 Bus. I assume it will run for the four. http://www.transitchicago.com/bus/19/
                        Thanks, that's the one! Nothing promised beyond Bon Jovi, but we are going to at least look for the bus at Michigan and Randolph starting 3:30 CST, or for the ride back.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                          24! That's double what they bring to the ECAC tournament.
                          Hey, cut that out! The streets of Chicago will be filled with Crimson. If we use even half our allotment, we will be way more than two dozen strong.

Comment

Anybody know which sections the teams have allocated to them for the fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                              We reportedly have two adjacent lower (100s) sections "in a corner", but it's not clear which corner or who shoots twice.

Also, with regard to getting out to the Arena form downtown? After all my looking at the geography via Google Earth, I finally measured the distance. It's under two miles from the bridge over the Chicago River via Madison (#19/#20 route) to the game. So roughly 2.5 miles from Michigan Ave! You have to love that. We are walking it at least once.
                              Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-29-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                                I believe the primary DU allotment (that was completely usurped by donors) is behind the DU bench, they also had some upper deck tickets somewhere, that we season-ticket holders were able to purchase. I'll know more about where our tickets are this afternoon.

r

Comment

Working...
                                X