Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    So for those of you going to Chicago, any thoughts about meeting up between the games on Thursday?
    I plan to stroll the lower concourse between games in hopes of finding people
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Re: Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

Refs are moderately letting the play go it seems. Harvard was upset about a "hook" which I don't think was a penalty they were just frustrated they couldn't convert a breakaway into a goal. UMD definitely got away with a tripping call shortly after, but then so did Harvard a minute later. Good game, loving it
      I wanna go fast!

Comment

This broadcast took a deep descent into middle school level awkwardness the last five minutes.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Duluth's flopping antics are emarrassing to the sport. I'm just glad that the refs in this game aren't taking the bait. Just wish they'd have the balls to call Duluth for embellishing.

Comment

Subscribed.

If you see someone in a Modano North Stars jersey, say hi.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That last no-goal for Harvard kinda sucks. I was saying earlier I feel like a Sioux fan--completely dominate the game yet lose the scoreboard (although they've clearly had some success). And then this guy...

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
              Duluth's flopping antics are emarrassing to the sport. I'm just glad that the refs in this game aren't taking the bait. Just wish they'd have the balls to call Duluth for embellishing.
              Thanks for chiming in you idiot. I'm sorry you live somewhere so miserable that you have to dwell on hockey for the only happiness in your life. Why don't you just kill youself now and spare us your whining, or move somewhere worth living. Sick of your whining. Have all the national titles you want we're still happier with our quality of life than you. You lose horribly to Denver. They may not have as many titles but have a way better quality of life and don't have to complain about something that is over with, idk.... If UMD lost in the regionals I wouldn't be here complaining no matter what the reason but that's the difference between many and Sioux fans. Really sorry Sioux hockey is all you have in life. Maybe have some kids so your life can have some meaning??

Also we went what 5-0 or something against your near .500 team this year? and it's still the ref's fault? Hmm..

Wondering if I'll get banned over this post. I went to UND hockey camp as a kid many years, and I don't consider them a huge rival of mine but some of you are just completely dispicable
              Last edited by UMD21; 04-06-2017, 07:47 PM.
              I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Subscribed.

If you see someone in a Modano North Stars jersey, say hi.
                If you see a girl in a maize michigan jersey with a bald guy in a blue michigan jersey, say hi.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Horrible officiating. Doesn't matter now. 😕
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Harvard put on a hell of a battle at the end. Heartbreaking for them. Booked my plane tix for Chicago on Saturday, glad I'll be using them!! Hope Denver wins I'll see all you Denver fans at DIA I'll be the guy decked out head to toe (And I mean socks too!)
                    I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Horrible officiating. Doesn't matter now. 😕
                      And horrible diving by Duluth. Pathetic.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                        Duluth's flopping antics are emarrassing to the sport. I'm just glad that the refs in this game aren't taking the bait. Just wish they'd have the balls to call Duluth for embellishing.
                        Exactly. An embarrassment to the game. They give soccer players a run for their money
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

A pretty good game in the first semifinal. Duluth came out strong and controlled the first period and much of the second. Harvard showed its heart and grit and carried play for stretches of the second and third. Both Duluth and Harvard are extremely talented teams...either could have won it all this year, but probably the right result in the end.

I typically cheer for Duluth when they aren't playing North Dakota, but yeesh...those guys either got shot with invisible bullets or attended the Robbie Earl Diving Academy this past fall. It's a little embarrassing for the league. Oh well...good luck to Duluth in the National Championship game. I will likely cheer for the Bulldogs against either Denver or Notre Dame...but I really hope UMD doesn't put on another clown show in the final.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Congrats Duluth fans. Another 1-goal win. Wow. Great season Harvard. Tough way to go out, but loved the fight in the end. On to game 2!

Comment

And they have been doing it for several years. The ref's did ignore most of it though.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                                That last no-goal for Harvard kinda sucks. I was saying earlier I feel like a Sioux fan--completely dominate the game yet lose the scoreboard (although they've clearly had some success). And then this guy...

Thanks for chiming in you idiot. I'm sorry you live somewhere so miserable that you have to dwell on hockey for the only happiness in your life. Why don't you just kill youself now and spare us your whining, or move somewhere worth living. Sick of your whining. Have all the national titles you want we're still happier with our quality of life than you. You lose horribly to Denver. They may not have as many titles but have a way better quality of life and don't have to complain about something that is over with, idk.... If UMD lost in the regionals I wouldn't be here complaining no matter what the reason but that's the difference between many and Sioux fans. Really sorry Sioux hockey is all you have in life. Maybe have some kids so your life can have some meaning??

Also we went what 5-0 or something against your near .500 team this year? and it's still the ref's fault? Hmm..

Wondering if I'll get banned over this post. I went to UND hockey camp as a kid many years, and I don't consider them a huge rival of mine but some of you are just completely dispicable
                                Lmao! Struck a nerve? The truth must really bother UMD fans. You know a person hasn't got anything to stand on when they immediately resort to insulting a person and where they live. Very mature.

I have every right as anyone to post here as while I am a UND fan, I'm also a college hockey fan. For how amazing of a team that Duluth is this year, there is no reason why the players should have to flop on the ice acting like they get shot. The flopping isn't new to this year.

You stay classy, UMD21.
                                Last edited by SiouxFanatic; 04-06-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X