Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Frozen Four: Denver, Notre Dame, Harvard, Minnesota-Duluth

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    This. So much this. Trust me, I live in Colorado. People here think it's on par with Heaven.
    It IS heaven (because West Virginia is "Almost Heaven") (let's see how many get that...)

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      I'd be far more miserable having to live around a bunch of do_che bags who think that where they live is the envy of the nation
      How did Boston get brought into this?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        How did Boston get brought into this?
        Boston doesn't think it's the envy of the nation. It knows it as a fact and you're not worth the time of you don't already know it
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

It's an interesting contrast of the teams.

To me, Denver's game is quite beautiful, with the very flowing zone play. It was probably as mesmerizing to ND as it is to us.

Then UMD looked like they should have gone to the swimming and diving championship. Not pretty at all.

I don't want Denver to win because they get #8. But for the sake of the art of hockey, they should win.

Comment

Spencer Penrose coach of the year--Jim Montgomery [Denver].

Hobey Baker award--Will Butcher [Denver].

Mike Richter award--Tanner Jaillet [Denver].

Denver plays for the the NCAA title tomorrow night. Has any division 1 program won the above three awards and the NCAA title in the same season? Just wondering.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post

Denver plays for the the NCAA title tomorrow night. Has any division 1 program won the above three awards and the NCAA title in the same season? Just wondering.
              Probably not since this is only the 4th Richter awarded, but even the other two plus an NC would be something!

r

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post

It was prior to the Richter award's creation but BU won the Hobey, Penrose, and title in 09. Kieran Millan was 1.93/.921 29-2-3 that year (albeit with an all-world defense in front of him) but likely would've contended for the Richter if it existed.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  It was prior to the Richter award's creation but BU won the Hobey, Penrose, and title in 09. Kieran Millan was 1.93/.921 29-2-3 that year (albeit with an all-world defense in front of him) but likely would've contended for the Richter if it existed.
                  IIRC, Millan was not an All-American that year.

The closest I can find is 1987. North Dakota's Gino Gasparini won the Spencer Penrose Coach of the Year, Tony Hrkac won the Hobey Baker, and Eddie Belfour was the West Region's 2nd team All-American Goalie (same as Jaillet). North Dakota, of course, won the title that season.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

"Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River"

"Life is old there, older than the trees"

"Younger than the mountains, growin like the breeze"

"Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong"

"West Virginia, mountain mama, take me home country roads"....

John Denver.... left us way too early.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                      That last no-goal for Harvard kinda sucks. I was saying earlier I feel like a Sioux fan--completely dominate the game yet lose the scoreboard (although they've clearly had some success). And then this guy...

Thanks for chiming in you idiot. I'm sorry you live somewhere so miserable that you have to dwell on hockey for the only happiness in your life. Why don't you just kill youself now and spare us your whining, or move somewhere worth living. Sick of your whining. Have all the national titles you want we're still happier with our quality of life than you. You lose horribly to Denver. They may not have as many titles but have a way better quality of life and don't have to complain about something that is over with, idk.... If UMD lost in the regionals I wouldn't be here complaining no matter what the reason but that's the difference between many and Sioux fans. Really sorry Sioux hockey is all you have in life. Maybe have some kids so your life can have some meaning??

Also we went what 5-0 or something against your near .500 team this year? and it's still the ref's fault? Hmm..

Wondering if I'll get banned over this post. I went to UND hockey camp as a kid many years, and I don't consider them a huge rival of mine but some of you are just completely dispicable
                      Look in the mirror after this post. You practically embarrassed all of your fellow fans on here. Always thought UMD fans were a classy bunch, thankfully you don't speak for them.
                      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post

since Tanner Jaillet wasn't a first Team All-American, this seems a little arbitrary.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          since Tanner Jaillet wasn't a first Team All-American, this seems a little arbitrary.
                          He's a first team all american in our hearts man....that's what truly counts.
                          Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                          www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Great to see the Bulldogs face off with Denver in the finals. Gotta give the Pioneers the edge given how well they've been playing, but here's hoping the Dawgs can take it! Go UMD!
                            Originally posted by Priceless
                            Good to see you're so reasonable.
                            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                            Very well, said.
                            Originally posted by Rover
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Fun drinking game for this game... take a shot every time a daloot player takes a dive. Try to make to the second period before you black out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                                Great to see the Bulldogs face off with Denver in the finals. Gotta give the Pioneers the edge given how well they've been playing, but here's hoping the Dawgs can take it! Go UMD!
                                Go Denver!

I gotta root for defense the other 364 days.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X