Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Have known that for about a year now.
    No we didn't, we knew the teams playing but we didn't know who was specifically playing who.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      The throwback actually replaces the current "Bruins" black jersey. The white version I understand will stay in rotation.

I've seen a mockup for the throwback. If that's what the end product is, it's sharp.
      Fine by me, they don't wear the home white all that often
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Aren't we on the hook for the double Alaska trip again next season as well? So, pencil that in for Nov 17/18 and 24/25.

Comment

Tyler Heinonen has signed with the Kalamazoo Wings (ECHL).

https://***********/kalamazoowings/status/847154724126281732

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Fine by me, they don't wear the home white all that often
            Last season in home games (counting the GLI) including playoffs:

White - 11 times
            LSSUx4, Bemidji, UAAx2, MnStx3, Ferris

Gold - 8 times
            UAHx2, NMUx2, MnStx2, Ferris, BGSU

Cream - 3 times
            Bemidji, GLIx2

Comment

The throwback actually replaces the current "Bruins" black jersey. The white version I understand will stay in rotation.

I've seen a mockup for the throwback. If that's what the end product is, it's sharp.
              The way I read mtu_huskies post I was thinking it would be two new jerseys for next year, a new throw back and a new away jersey, if it's only one new jersey and it's a throwback/away combo I am happy with that, one less new jersey to buy, lol.

I do wonder, why are we changing jerseys so often now? Before Mel we had our previous full set for longer than we have had any single set under Mel, just seems a little strange to me to change so often.
              Last edited by bose301s; 03-29-2017, 03:11 PM.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

White - 11 times
                LSSUx4, Bemidji, UAAx2, MnStx3, Ferris

Gold - 8 times
                UAHx2, NMUx2, MnStx2, Ferris, BGSU

Cream - 3 times
                Bemidji, GLIx2
                Glad you have stats on this. While they obviously wore it the most of any home uniform, compared to other teams who have a third or do not have a third that is probably the smallest percentage for a home white jersey.
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  so we are going to get.
                  Las Vegas x 2... seems to me the nodaks were talking about playing out there but I thought that was against minny.
                  The UND v Minn game is much farther out (different event, already sold out) in October 2018 and will be played at Orleans Arena (not the NHL rink).
                  Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

White - 10 times
                    LSSUx4, Bemidji, UAAx2, MnStx2, Ferris

Gold - 9 times
                    UAHx2, NMUx2, MnStx2, Ferris, BGSU, MSU

Cream - 3 times
                    Bemidji, GLIx2
                    One slight correction - Tech wore gold for game #3 vs MSU as the captain's chose the jersey color that night per Mel.
                    Ryan J

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 03-29-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      One slight correction - Tech wore gold for game #3 vs MSU as the captain's chose the jersey color that night per Mel.
                      Ryan J
                      Nope, it's still 11 and 8.

Friday 20 Jan - White
                      Saturday 21 Jan - Gold

Friday 10 Mar - White
                      Saturday 11 Mar - White
                      Sunday 12 Mar - Gold

3 Whites, 2 Golds. Photo evidence from the michigantechhuskies.com website for each game.

Wow, I corrected the jersey guy. Big day for me!
                      Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 03-29-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        No we didn't, we knew the teams playing but we didn't know who was specifically playing who.
                        Well then, I should clarify, the "we" must not have included you. There are definitely some people that have known that Tech is playing Union in the first game for at least a year.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                          ...why are we changing jerseys so often now? Before Mel we had our previous full set for longer than we have had any single set under Mel, just seems a little strange to me to change so often.
                          There were new jerseys, but Russell was making much more subtle changes - tweaks rather than whole new styles. When you can see them side by side the changes are more obvious. A new white style (as well as a military tribute) were presented to the team along the way but they were rejected and not used.

2006-082008-12 "MICHIGAN TECH" in the crest

Home prototype, long black shoulder stripes
                          (not used)
                          Military prototype (not used)

2007-10 Note the crest slant (or lack there of)
                          the logo matched the trend of the program
                          at the time (downward...)
                          2010-12 "MICHIGAN TECH" in the crest

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            Mike has done some very good work, but we need to see better results. Our fans are still coming back around to the program. UAH certainly fell further than Tech did, but man.

That's gonna be a great series. I should come up for that and referee the arm-wrestling competition between Millsy and Ryan J.

GFM
                            That would be a fun series next year. I just don't think I can pull it off though....
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              There were new jerseys, but Russell was making much more subtle changes - tweaks rather than whole new styles. When you can see them side by side the changes are more obvious. A new white style (as well as a military tribute) were presented to the team along the way but they were rejected and not used.

2006-082008-12 "MICHIGAN TECH" in the crest

Home prototype, long black shoulder stripes
                              (not used)
                              Military prototype (not used)

2007-10 Note the crest slant (or lack there of)
                              the logo matched the trend of the program
                              at the time (downward...)
                              2010-12 "MICHIGAN TECH" in the crest
                              I knew there were extremely small changes, I really wouldn't count them though, and like you show, they were substantially the same from 07-12.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Well then, I should clarify, the "we" must not have included you. There are definitely some people that have known that Tech is playing Union in the first game for at least a year.
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X