Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 546

Thread: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

  1. #61
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,655

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Have known that for about a year now.
    No we didn't, we knew the teams playing but we didn't know who was specifically playing who.
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  2. #62
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,655

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    The throwback actually replaces the current "Bruins" black jersey. The white version I understand will stay in rotation.

    I've seen a mockup for the throwback. If that's what the end product is, it's sharp.
    Fine by me, they don't wear the home white all that often
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  3. #63
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,727

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Aren't we on the hook for the double Alaska trip again next season as well? So, pencil that in for Nov 17/18 and 24/25.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  4. #64
    Mighty Techster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    371

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Tyler Heinonen has signed with the Kalamazoo Wings (ECHL).

    https://twitter.com/kalamazoowings/s...54724126281732

  5. #65
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Posts
    2,594

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Fine by me, they don't wear the home white all that often
    Last season in home games (counting the GLI) including playoffs:

    White - 11 times
    LSSUx4, Bemidji, UAAx2, MnStx3, Ferris

    Gold - 8 times
    UAHx2, NMUx2, MnStx2, Ferris, BGSU

    Cream - 3 times
    Bemidji, GLIx2

  6. #66
    I love (goal) lamp
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,588

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    The throwback actually replaces the current "Bruins" black jersey. The white version I understand will stay in rotation.

    I've seen a mockup for the throwback. If that's what the end product is, it's sharp.
    The way I read mtu_huskies post I was thinking it would be two new jerseys for next year, a new throw back and a new away jersey, if it's only one new jersey and it's a throwback/away combo I am happy with that, one less new jersey to buy, lol.

    I do wonder, why are we changing jerseys so often now? Before Mel we had our previous full set for longer than we have had any single set under Mel, just seems a little strange to me to change so often.
    Last edited by bose301s; 03-29-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

  7. #67
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,655

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Last season in home games (counting the GLI) including playoffs:

    White - 11 times
    LSSUx4, Bemidji, UAAx2, MnStx3, Ferris

    Gold - 8 times
    UAHx2, NMUx2, MnStx2, Ferris, BGSU

    Cream - 3 times
    Bemidji, GLIx2
    Glad you have stats on this. While they obviously wore it the most of any home uniform, compared to other teams who have a third or do not have a third that is probably the smallest percentage for a home white jersey.
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  8. #68
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    so we are going to get.
    Las Vegas x 2... seems to me the nodaks were talking about playing out there but I thought that was against minny.
    The UND v Minn game is much farther out (different event, already sold out) in October 2018 and will be played at Orleans Arena (not the NHL rink).
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  9. #69
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Last season in home games (counting the GLI) including playoffs:

    White - 10 times
    LSSUx4, Bemidji, UAAx2, MnStx2, Ferris

    Gold - 9 times
    UAHx2, NMUx2, MnStx2, Ferris, BGSU, MSU

    Cream - 3 times
    Bemidji, GLIx2
    One slight correction - Tech wore gold for game #3 vs MSU as the captain's chose the jersey color that night per Mel.
    Ryan J

    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 03-29-2017 at 03:26 PM.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  10. #70
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Posts
    2,594

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    One slight correction - Tech wore gold for game #3 vs MSU as the captain's chose the jersey color that night per Mel.
    Ryan J
    Nope, it's still 11 and 8.

    Friday 20 Jan - White
    Saturday 21 Jan - Gold

    Friday 10 Mar - White
    Saturday 11 Mar - White
    Sunday 12 Mar - Gold

    3 Whites, 2 Golds. Photo evidence from the michigantechhuskies.com website for each game.

    Wow, I corrected the jersey guy. Big day for me!
    Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 03-29-2017 at 03:32 PM.

  11. #71
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    No we didn't, we knew the teams playing but we didn't know who was specifically playing who.
    Well then, I should clarify, the "we" must not have included you. There are definitely some people that have known that Tech is playing Union in the first game for at least a year.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  12. #72
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    ...why are we changing jerseys so often now? Before Mel we had our previous full set for longer than we have had any single set under Mel, just seems a little strange to me to change so often.
    There were new jerseys, but Russell was making much more subtle changes - tweaks rather than whole new styles. When you can see them side by side the changes are more obvious. A new white style (as well as a military tribute) were presented to the team along the way but they were rejected and not used.


    2006-082008-12 "MICHIGAN TECH" in the crest

    Home prototype, long black shoulder stripes
    (not used)
    Military prototype (not used)


    2007-10 Note the crest slant (or lack there of)
    the logo matched the trend of the program
    at the time (downward...)
    2010-12 "MICHIGAN TECH" in the crest
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  13. #73
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,777

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    Mike has done some very good work, but we need to see better results. Our fans are still coming back around to the program. UAH certainly fell further than Tech did, but man.



    That's gonna be a great series. I should come up for that and referee the arm-wrestling competition between Millsy and Ryan J.

    GFM
    That would be a fun series next year. I just don't think I can pull it off though....
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  14. #74
    I love (goal) lamp
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,588

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    There were new jerseys, but Russell was making much more subtle changes - tweaks rather than whole new styles. When you can see them side by side the changes are more obvious. A new white style (as well as a military tribute) were presented to the team along the way but they were rejected and not used.


    2006-082008-12 "MICHIGAN TECH" in the crest

    Home prototype, long black shoulder stripes
    (not used)
    Military prototype (not used)


    2007-10 Note the crest slant (or lack there of)
    the logo matched the trend of the program
    at the time (downward...)
    2010-12 "MICHIGAN TECH" in the crest
    I knew there were extremely small changes, I really wouldn't count them though, and like you show, they were substantially the same from 07-12.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

  15. #75
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,655

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Well then, I should clarify, the "we" must not have included you. There are definitely some people that have known that Tech is playing Union in the first game for at least a year.
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  16. #76
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    I should come up for that and referee the arm-wrestling competition between Millsy and Ryan J.
    GFM
    I would do it if the winner gets to keep the other team's jerseys. Too bad I've never seen the inside of a weight room in my life...

    That victory would be almost as sweet as the last game we played SCSU in their barn. Tech beat them and then I won the SCSU jersey raffle. I went down the ice wearing my Tech jersey and security tried to keep me off the ice.
    "Sorry, only jersey raffle winners can go on the ice with the players."
    "Yeah, I know, that's why I'm going out there..."

    We took the win, and their jerseys for good measure.

    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  17. #77
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    6,044

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I would do it if the winner gets to keep the other team's jerseys. Too bad I've never seen the inside of a weight room in my life...

    That victory would be almost as sweet as the last game we played SCSU in their barn. Tech beat them and then I won the SCSU jersey raffle. I went down the ice wearing my Tech jersey and security tried to keep me off the ice.
    "Sorry, only jersey raffle winners can go on the ice with the players."
    "Yeah, I know, that's why I'm going out there..."

    We took the win, and their jerseys for good measure.

    Ryan J
    Well I would have loved to ask the coach on his show today how he felt about the new deal for Mike Hastings? and his feelings on the und woman's program decision.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  18. #78
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    Well I would have loved to ask the coach on his show today how he felt about the new deal for Mike Hastings?
    I think part of that is just a smoke screen because nothing has officially been completed. He was just given an offer of a 10-year contract which could have been a wage freeze for the last five years for all we know. I also liked this paragraph from the press release and noted how they avoided any wording mentioning the WCHA or "our conference" (think this was directed at the NCHC...?)

    "As part of a thorough review of Maverick men's hockey last summer, we had benchmarked resources against the top teams in other leagues and made a commitment to these future program enhancements," noted Davenport. "We are now operationalizing [Ooooo big school word] those plans, which is indicative of our desire to position Maverick hockey to compete as effectively as possible against the very best programs in the country."
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  19. #79
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I think part of that is just a smoke screen because nothing has officially been completed. He was just given an offer of a 10-year contract which could have been a wage freeze for the last five years for all we know. I also liked this paragraph from the press release and noted how they avoided any wording mentioning the WCHA or "our conference" (think this was directed at the NCHC...?)

    "As part of a thorough review of Maverick men's hockey last summer, we had benchmarked resources against the top teams in other leagues and made a commitment to these future program enhancements," noted Davenport. "We are now operationalizing [Ooooo big school word] those plans, which is indicative of our desire to position Maverick hockey to compete as effectively as possible against the very best programs in the country."
    What this tells me is that the Mankato women's team is soon to be cut.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    815

    Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    The UND v Minn game is much farther out (different event, already sold out) in October 2018 and will be played at Orleans Arena (not the NHL rink).
    Ryan J
    Oh man I thought they tore that down and that's why the Wranglers folded.
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

    Matt Thomas' Record
    (2013-14) 18-16-4
    (2014-15) 8-22-4
    (2015-16) 11-20-3
    (2016-17) 7-21-6
    (Total) 44-79-17

    2016-17 Word(s) of the Season: Medicore coaching for 24 years due to administration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •