Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    You can't fault someone who wants to better themselves or get a better deal. In fact it's best to help them move up. If you do that you get a reputation for it and people seek you out. We'd find someone else, but sure it would be stressful.
    I don't think anyone here wants to stop him from going...we all just want him to choose to stay. Most of us probably feel he's better off staying anyway.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I don't think anyone here wants to stop him from going...we all just want him to choose to stay. Most of us probably feel he's better off staying anyway.
      Exactly, I could definitely understand if he went, I just really want him to stay.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        Why would Mel want to be sloppy seconds?

History says he doesn't make changes on whims like this. Had a chance to leave Tech as an assistant in 1986, didn't go until 1988. Offered the head coaching position numerous times at Tech, finally took it years later.

Nothing of substance in any of the posts, as you'd expect. Any real news is lacking.
        The WOTS was that Mel never wanted to leave Michigan but Coach Berenson advised Mel to take the Tech job and get some experience and he could come back to the head coaching gig when Coach Berenson retired. I was content when I first heard that Cole was coming to A2 but evidently Mel heard about it and said that he wanted the job. This isn't so much about Cole not wanting to go to Michigan as it was about Mel wanting to coach at Michigan. I can't state that as fact but it's the way it looks to me, that and sparty may have been in contact with Cole. Who knows? Either way Mel wants to come back down here. If he doesn't good for you but I bet he does.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          The WOTS was that Mel never wanted to leave Michigan but Coach Berenson advised Mel to take the Tech job and get some experience and he could come back to the head coaching gig when Coach Berenson retired. I was content when I first heard that Cole was coming to A2 but evidently Mel heard about it and said that he wanted the job. This isn't so much about Cole not wanting to go to Michigan as it was about Mel wanting to coach at Michigan. I can't state that as fact but it's the way it looks to me, that and sparty may have been in contact with Cole. Who knows? Either way Mel wants to come back down here. If he doesn't good for you but I bet he does.
          You're literally the only person making this claim. At this point you're just trolling, especially some of the posters here likely have deeper connections than you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            You're literally the only person making this claim. At this point you're just trolling, especially some of the posters here likely have deeper connections than you.

Even if he is, well we have to understand it's not without any basis. Someone is passing this out from AA. And I think it's the same someone who said something to the Quinnipiac guy last month.It could also be someone who is intent on affecting recruiting in some way, because recruits read this board.
            I donate because of Mel, without him, my donations would most likely go down. I give him full credit for the turn around and I can see how close we have been to really making a mark nationally. I don't think we would be anywhere close to this without him and I really hope he stays as well, but we'll survive regardless.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post

You think....

Mind you, I'm not claiming to be all-knowing but I know what I've heard from people inside Yost.
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

You think....

Mind you, I'm not claiming to be all-knowing but I know what I've heard from people inside Yost.
                So in other words, living in your own bathtub fart bubble. Typical.

Sounds like the usual hullabaloo from folks who can't comprehend how anyone wouldn't want to live in Ann Arbor, the self-anointed Greatest City Ever!11!!!

Comment

You think....

Come Monday you'll claim something came up as you did with Cole.

Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

He's just regurgitating the MGoBlog podcast from yesterday morning. On which it is mentioned that the rumor is Mel has been approached and is agreeable (all just rumors of course. no actual facts or confirmations given).

They also mention getting Jim Montgomery from Denver. All they have to do is offer him an upgrade in pay. They ARE Michigan after all.
                    Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 04-08-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

FWIW I don't think UMICH is typical of MI fans, he's just a very sad person and likely just as despicable at his workplace etc. as he is online. I still have a brother and a bunch of cousins stuck down there working, and they're all right.
                      MI has one advantage: relatively unlimited funding. Quality of life issues generally pull north. We'll wait and see what wins out.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

This same tool is trolling people on other threads too.

I guess when your team bites, that's what you do. Keep stirring the pot, chump.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          FWIW I don't think UMICH is typical of MI fans, he's just a very sad person and likely just as despicable at his workplace etc. as he is online. I still have a brother and a bunch of cousins stuck down there working, and they're all right.
                          MI has one advantage: relatively unlimited funding. Quality of life issues generally pull north. We'll wait and see what wins out.
                          Yep to all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            This same tool is trolling people on other threads too.

I guess when your team bites, that's what you do. Keep stirring the pot, chump.
                            I've seen that. If only he was as entertaining and witty as Dirty always was!

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              My dad is not a bad MI grad/fan. Even he knows that Ann Arbor is not all that, and a $5 bag of organic, sustainably-raised potato chips.

Comment

And who would be hanging out with Tony O? tMel of course

https://www.facebook.com/michigantec...type=3&theater

Comment

Working...
                                X