Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    I hope so, we need more scoring to make that happen.

Top 6
    L'Esperance, Lucchini, Jackson, Steman or Smith, Baltus, and Gould.

Does that look right if Baltus gets the redshirt?
    Yes, I also wonder if shirtless or someone else thinks we have any forwards coming in that can be a top line player. ?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Yes, I also wonder if shirtless or someone else thinks we have any forwards coming in that can be a top line player. ?
      I haven't looked at the recruit grid enough, so not sure when he's coming in, but Jagger Williamson should be a top 6 guy
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I haven't looked at the recruit grid enough, so not sure when he's coming in, but Jagger Williamson should be a top 6 guy
        I have a feeling that Williamson is getting pushed back. I'm pretty sure next year's class will be: Aleksi Poikola, Marcus Russell, Greyson Reitmeier, Justin Misiak, and Jack Becker.

Becker is the only one that could get bumped because of a Baltus redshirt, but he seems like the most likely to push for top 6 minutes. Reitmeier has the best stats but also plays in the weakest league. I could certainly see him performing like Alex Smith did this year with a similar background. Misiak also has great numbers but is in the NAHL.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          I have a feeling that Williamson is getting pushed back. I'm pretty sure next year's class will be: Aleksi Poikola, Marcus Russell, Greyson Reitmeier, Justin Misiak, and Jack Becker.
          I agree with that list of forwards, but I'm not at all sure who's coming in on defense. If you go strictly by age, it seems like Cooper Watson, Travis Brown, Seamus Donohue, Mitch Meek, Tristan Rostagno and Jake Gingell would all be candidates for what looks like 4 or 5 roster slots for D. Donohue and Meek seem the most likely as they are the most recent 20 y/o commits on D.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
            I agree with that list of forwards, but I'm not at all sure who's coming in on defense. If you go strictly by age, it seems like Cooper Watson, Travis Brown, Seamus Donohue, Mitch Meek, Tristan Rostagno and Jake Gingell would all be candidates for what looks like 4 or 5 roster slots for D. Donohue and Meek seem the most likely as they are the most recent 20 y/o commits on D.
            Don't forget Tyler Rockwell (also a '96). I fully expect Kiilunen to be done as he seemed to be more of a filler in case of multiple injuries. Cooper Watson, Rostagno, and Meek are all '96s and signed NLIs at some point so I expect all three of them to come in. Gingell is an early '97 and also signed his NLI so he may have to come in but right now I have him penciled in 2018. That leaves Brown, Donohue, and Rockwell. Despite Brown having the most goals and points of any committed d-man, he seems like the odd man out without having signed an NLI or committing recently, but the blueline is anyone's guess how the logjam plays itself out.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Glenn Mroz announced his retirement June 2018. Implications? Suzanne for prez?
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                That's hard to say. Whoever it is, it's very political process and let's hope the new person is as supportive of athletics as President Mroz is. I'm going to see an alumni friend who is really connected soon. I'll ask him, but it's bound to change as the time frame gets closer.
                One thing we need is someone who can represent us well in Lansing.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Glen is a great guy, really made things positive on campus as a whole. They need someone similar to him in my opinion. Will try to find any info next week.

Comment

Maybe we should just change the form letter sent to recruits now...

Sincerely,

Mel Pearson
                    Executive President, Michigan Tech Univ
                    Head Coach Men's Ice Hockey
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Maybe we should just change the form letter sent to recruits now...

Sincerely,

Mel Pearson
                      Executive President, Michigan Tech Univ
                      Head Coach Men's Ice Hockey
                      No no, Mel Pearson- God's right hand man

Comment

Here we go again the Michigan slappies are reporting Cole has backed off the Ann Arbor job, now they are quoting Mel is interested.
                        I see no signs that point to this. Any thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          Here we go again the Michigan slappies are reporting Cole has backed off the Ann Arbor job, now they are quoting Mel is interested.
                          I see no signs that point to this. Any thoughts.
                          Why would Mel want to be sloppy seconds?

History says he doesn't make changes on whims like this. Had a chance to leave Tech as an assistant in 1986, didn't go until 1988. Offered the head coaching position numerous times at Tech, finally took it years later.

Nothing of substance in any of the posts, as you'd expect. Any real news is lacking.

Comment

I've been watching the woman's world championships this week. There some things we could learn from them. They share the puck really well. They are not padding the stats, they really move it around beautifully. They never dump and chase.They have some plays for zone entry but if it doesn't work, They turn around like the Russians used to and make another try. They don't shoot it hard but it's on the net a good bit of the time.
                            It was a fun set of games to watch. I was at the US vs Canada game and it was packed, the others not so much.

Comment

At the end of the day if Mel leaves, he leaves, I definitely would hate to see that and think it would be very hard for the program, but we'll see what happens.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                                At the end of the day if Mel leaves, he leaves, I definitely would hate to see that and think it would be very hard for the program, but we'll see what happens.
                                You can't fault someone who wants to better themselves or get a better deal. In fact it's best to help them move up. If you do that you get a reputation for it and people seek you out. We'd find someone else, but sure it would be stressful.

Comment

Working...
                                X