Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Does anyone know if Keegan Ford is still possible for next season? I know Mel commented briefly on his situation on the MPS last year and it sounded like his return was possible. I watched Keegan play several times and he was a really strong defenseman.
    Last edited by UpNorthHockey; 03-30-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
      Does anyone know if Keegan Ford is still possible for next season? I know Mel commented briefly on his situation on the MPS last year and it sounded like his return was possible. I watched Keegan play several times and he was a really strong defenseman.
      Seems very unlikely since he went back to Junior hockey and we have a ton of players committed.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I usually try to keep politics out of my posts and mostly I am successful but not always. Last night I was pretty offended by a post from a UND supporter about the women's team situation. Basically he said that in his opinion the only reason for woman's sports was to be politically correct, that no one went to the games anyway, ( which is true ) and that all this title 9 stuff is garbage and a waste of time and money.
        I guess he and most UND fans think women have no right to try to better themselves.I have three daughters who I always taught they could do whatever the men do. So, That thought process,... well pretty sad.And the way they went about notifying the team was sad as well.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I usually try to keep politics out of my posts and mostly I am successful but not always. Last night I was pretty offended by a post from a UND supporter about the women's team situation. Basically he said that in his opinion the only reason for woman's sports was to be politically correct, that no one went to the games anyway, ( which is true ) and that all this title 9 stuff is garbage and a waste of time and money.
          I guess he and most UND fans think women have no right to try to better themselves.I have three daughters who I always taught they could do whatever the men do. So, That thought process,... well pretty sad.And the way they went about notifying the team was sad as well.
          Being in a similar situation I couldn't agree with you more. That poster missed the point it's not political correctness in this case, Title IX is about equal opportunity. Face it MOST sports programs are NOT self supporting and this includes MANY D1 football programs, let alone the rest, ie bouncy ball, baseball, track etc

Comment

Sturos signs and ATO with the Texas Stars.

http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...20170331eg26kz
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Here's updated stats for our recruits. Tech Hockey Guide site has us with 11 freshmen next year.

Code:
              Player                            Current League	GP	G	A	Points
              Travis Brown-D	                  Magician (NAHL)	54	12	24	36
              Cooper Watson-D                   Vernon Vipers (BCHL)	50	4	16	20
              Jake Gingell-D	                  Youngstown (USHL)	53	1	7	8
              Tristan Rostagno-D	          MN Wilderness (NAHL)	53	9	21	30
              Mitch Newsome-F                   Coquitlam (BCHL)	29	5	12	17
              Jagger Williamson-F	          Vernon Vipers (BCHL)	54	14	27	41
              Carver Watson-D                   Chilliwack (BCHL)	46	8	20	28
              Keaton Pehrson-D	          MNSHL & Austin (NAHL)	29	4	26	30
              Colin Swoyer-D	                  Sioux Falls (USHL)	51	6	6	12
              Jackson Cates-F	                  Waterloo (USHL)	52	10	9	19
              Tommy Parrottino-F	          Des Moines (USHL)	42	10	9	19
              Logan Pietila-F	                  Compuware U16         20	7	7	14
              Blake Pietila-G	                  Compuware U16         10	1.13	0.947	-
              Brian Halonen-F	                  MNSHL & USHL          25	13	13	26
              Brenden Rons-D	                  NAHL                  40	0	6	6
              Gabe Temple-F	                  T1EHL                 36	12	20	32
              Marcus Mitchell-F	          Salmon Arm (BCHL)	50	10	18	28
              Evan Orr-D	                  Little Caesers U16	20	2	7	9
              Mitch Meek-D	                  Pentiction (BCHL)	49	4	16	20
              Robbie Beydoun-G	          Waterloo (USHL)	36	2.33	0.916	
              Seamus Donohue-D	          Witchita Falls (NAHL)	45	4	28	32
              Aleksi Poikola-F                  Witchita Falls (NAHL)	49	8	25	33
              Marcus Russell-F	          NAHL & USHL           58	13	19	32
              Greyson Reitmeier-F	          Flin Flon (SJHL)	63	30	54	84
              Jack Becker-F	                  Sioux Falls (USHL)	45	15	11	26
              Justin Misiak-F	                  Austin (NAHL)	56	23	32	55
              Tyler Rockwell-D	          Wenatchee Wild (BCHL)	57	4	23	27

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                Sturos signs and ATO with the Texas Stars.

http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...20170331eg26kz
                He's a great kid. I'd love to see a guy with his character get a break and maybe a fat contract. Go Reid!

Comment

Redmond signed with Anaheim
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Kinda saw this coming, but bye-bye Angus

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170331q070jf
                    2005-2006: 7-25-6
                    2006-2007: 18-17-5
                    2007-2008: 14-20-5
                    2008-2009: 6-25-7
                    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                      Kinda saw this coming, but bye-bye Angus :url]http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/sports/mice/2016-17/releases/20170331q070jf[/url]
                      Well congrats beef!!

On another note, a great example why he's tMel. In a previous tMel Pearson show he stated that he has another goalie coming in maybe better than Beef.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        Well congrats beef!!

On another note, a great example why he's tMel. In a previous tMel Pearson show he stated that he has another goalie coming in maybe better than Beef.
                        He might be a better goalie but he won't have a better nickname.

Now that we got this out of the way are we set for next year? Or is Birks next? With his redshirt I can't imagine him going yet.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Well hell....

So, this puts us with Kero and Beydoun next year. As noted by giwan, tMel insinuates bigger and better things. Referring to Beydoun or someone else???

**** though, another year of Redmond would have been nice, especially with the defensive losses this year.
                          In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                            Kinda saw this coming, but bye-bye Angus

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...20170331q070jf
                            This one surprises me a bit; but they gave him a 3 year deal so they must feel he is ready. I thought he'd stick around another year at least!

Great opportunity for Kero

Comment

Wow, this hurts, but very happy for Angus.
                              His comments in the write up were awesome. I hope we will see our Goalie U maintain its rep and hope Copley, Phillips, and Redmond all stick in the NHL soon.

Comment

Ahh @$!#$#*$#*@!*@@*#***$@!*@*#$!
                                Ryan J
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X