Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

If so than there will be an announcement very soon.
    imho he's the best coach in college hockey. Second, it will set us back quite a bit, and third,i'm sure Michigan went after him full bore because really there was no one else and the alumni wanted him. The AD had to do whatever it took to get him. But it makes us look impotent if you ask me, that no matter what we did, he was leaving. IF in fact he is leaving.
    Last edited by manurespreader; 04-23-2017, 05:31 PM.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Buccigross just Tweeted that "sources say" Mel is gone.
      Finally something of substance and not speculation. Let's see if more people report the same thing.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

if this michael spath is the source, than he is the guy who I referenced this week, from aa talk radio. he is questionable if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Buccigross just Tweeted that "sources say" Mel is gone.
          To be fair, Bucci was the first to report Carvel leaving SLU this time last year.

Comment

Spath is as arrogant as the day is long
            Last edited by manurespreader; 04-23-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Longtime poster on MGoBlog-

My brother-in-law is connected with Tech's program and he said over a week ago that this was the likely outcome based on what local talk was. His source said Muckalt to Tech if Pearson leaves.
              ---
              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
              19 Conference Championships
              10 Conference Tournament Championships
              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Will Shawhan get any consideration, if in fact Mel leaves...
                Will Coach Shuchuk or Shawhan follow to UM?

Comment

WXYZ is reporting it as well.
                  I have to say I'm bitterly disappointed. And that's an understatement.
                  if its Muckalt than that means it's just a stepping stone again and we can look forward to another change in 3 or 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    If so than there will be an announcement very soon.
                    imho he's the best coach in college hockey. Second, it will set us back quite a bit, and third,i'm sure Michigan went after him full bore because really there was no one else and the alumni wanted him. The AD had to do whatever it took to get him. But it makes us look impotent if you ask me, that no matter what we did, he was leaving. IF in fact he is leaving.
                    If it is true I hope it is soon so we can move on.

I doubt UofM is worried about waiting until after May 16th when his buyout drops from $300k to $250k.

Comment

I saw that, too, but they're basing their reporting on Buccigross' tweet.

Either way, I think you have a coaching search on your hands.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

They are only citing the Buccigross tweet, but still not a good sign.

Comment

if there is a news conference scheduled for tomorrow we'll know then.

Comment

The AHCA convention in Naples starts Wednesday, so I'd expect an announcement (if this is true) Monday or Tuesday.
                            Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Sigh, really disappoints me. I can understand it but still very disappointed.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                                The AHCA convention in Naples starts Wednesday, so I'd expect an announcement (if this is true) Monday or Tuesday.
                                Expect another interesting announcement or 2 to come from the WCHA Portion of the meetings too!
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X