Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Buccigross on twitter reporting that Mel will take the job and bring John Madden from the AHL as an assistant.
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
      Buccigross on twitter reporting that Mel will take the job and bring John Madden from the AHL as an assistant.
      Meh, seems like his guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
        Reporting? He was only stating his opinion.
        Multiple #cawlidgehawkey sources say: Established coaches interested. NHL guys, too. Bet on Mel Pearson with John Madden as an assistant.
        https://t.co/CL8tVb1ran

He's usually more brash about his predictions. This reads more like a wish list.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Huge sigh!
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I just want this to be over.
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Saw an article on mgoblue about alternatives to Mel, I hope Mel gets a chance to see it and assess the arrogance.
              They would be lucky to have him as Mike Knuble stated this morning on Sirius NHL network. As all of you, I wish this would end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                Saw an article on mgoblue about alternatives to Mel, I hope Mel gets a chance to see it and assess the arrogance.
                They would be lucky to have him as Mike Knuble stated this morning on Sirius NHL network. As all of you, I wish this would end.
                Im pretty sure Mel has a pretty good idea of the Ann Arbor atmosphere. There are no surprises there for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  just take the "alternatives" article as a positive...it means there is concern that he may not leave
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If you are interested in ordering a gold or cream authentic MTU jersey, please get ahold of me ASAP (looking at you Broseph Stalin) by emailing me through USCHO.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      If you are interested in ordering a gold or cream authentic MTU jersey, please get ahold of me ASAP (looking at you Broseph Stalin) by emailing me through USCHO.
                      Sorry. Check your email.

Comment

Some media outlets here in SE Michigan, who imho, really don't have any more information than anyone else, are reporting that Mel will be hired and it will be announced in a week or two. This would be in line with what our buddy u mich is reporting.
                        I don't know what to think. I would hope that if we matched what Michigan is going to offer, that he would stay, but who knows. The one thing I can say I'm pretty sure of, is that they are going to either formally or informally offer mel the job, and at a substantial raise to what he is making at Tech as of now. I think they will do this informally and if he wants the job it's his. I don't think they will offer if he says he won't take it.
                        Having been down here and listened to all the talk, there are an awful lot of people who think that, well naturally he would come here, why wouldn't he? That's their mindset. I don't think they give Tech any credit at all for being a good place to be. Rightly or wrongly. And most have never been around the Tech offices or the Tech program ever. In fact they've probably never been to the UP.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Some media outlets here in SE Michigan, who imho, really don't have any more information than anyone else, are reporting that Mel will be hired and it will be announced in a week or two. This would be in line with what our buddy u mich is reporting.
                          I don't know what to think. I would hope that if we matched what Michigan is going to offer, that he would stay, but who knows. The one thing I can say I'm pretty sure of, is that they are going to either formally or informally offer mel the job, and at a substantial raise to what he is making at Tech as of now. I think they will do this informally and if he wants the job it's his. I don't think they will offer if he says he won't take it.
                          Having been down here and listened to all the talk, there are an awful lot of people who think that, well naturally he would come here, why wouldn't he? That's their mindset. I don't think they give Tech any credit at all for being a good place to be. Rightly or wrongly. And most have never been around the Tech offices or the Tech program ever. In fact they've probably never been to the UP.
                          The reality of the situation is that in the college hockey sphere, Michigan is a better job. I know that is hard for most of us to accept, but it is true because of the caliber of recruits. Not to say that doesn't involve it's own issues, but getting offered a position at one of the top 10 jobs in college hockey is hard to say no to. I want him to say no, but who really knows what is a priority to him.

Comment

well it might be harsh and all, and I love the sport and the tradition we have, but if all we are ever going to be is a feeder program for the big dogs than why do it at all. There are many other needs the university has and if we can't compete no matter what, and we have almost no shot, I say pull the plug. I'm not willing to be a perennial also ran.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              well it might be harsh and all, and I love the sport and the tradition we have, but if all we are ever going to be is a feeder program for the big dogs than why do it at all. There are many other needs the university has and if we can't compete no matter what, and we have almost no shot, I say pull the plug. I'm not willing to be a perennial also ran.
                              I'm not saying we can't get there, I'm just saying we aren't there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                The reality of the situation is that in the college hockey sphere, Michigan is a better job. I know that is hard for most of us to accept, but it is true because of the caliber of recruits. Not to say that doesn't involve it's own issues, but getting offered a position at one of the top 10 jobs in college hockey is hard to say no to. I want him to say no, but who really knows what is a priority to him.
                                Do you mean it is better now or better always? Granted they may have essentially an unending well of $$ because of football but can Tech get to a point of matching it to some reasonable degree?

I mentioned far back that Mroz is retiring and he along with Suzanne were KEY in getting tMel here. Does his retirement give pause? Heard tMel say on several occasions that those two would ask tMel what do you need and fully support him and the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X