Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    And who would be hanging out with Tony O? tMel of course

https://www.facebook.com/michigantec...type=3&theater
    Is is after all a Michigan grad. Although Melrose got it right on night 2...
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Team Copper Country high school all stars is in the national championship game in Lansing right now, down 2-1 to Buffalo in the second. Lots of Tech connections on the team, Kero, Pietila, McKay, Nordstrom, Sturos etc. they're a lot of fun, get ragged on some for wearing blank practice jerseys and the multi-colored HS helmets, but all they do is win, undefeated thus far.
      Edit 2-2. I hope Tech has someone watching these local kids.
      Edit: 5-2 final, the Houghton/Hancock/Calumet boys are 18U Tier 2 National Champions. Some good sophomores on that team to keep an eye on.
      Last edited by geezer; 04-10-2017, 12:05 PM.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Detroit free Press reports Red is 50 -50 to retire. interviewed yesterday he would not say what will happen, but expect an announcement this week.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Detroit free Press reports Red is 50 -50 to retire. interviewed yesterday he would not say what will happen, but expect an announcement this week.
          If he wanted to quit he would have by now. The boosters want him out... the AD will make the call.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            Team Copper Country high school all stars is in the national championship game in Lansing right now, down 2-1 to Buffalo in the second. Lots of Tech connections on the team, Kero, Pietila, McKay, Nordstrom, Sturos etc. they're a lot of fun, get ragged on some for wearing blank practice jerseys and the multi-colored HS helmets, but all they do is win, undefeated thus far.
            Edit 2-2. I hope Tech has someone watching these local kids.
            Edit: 5-2 final, the Houghton/Hancock/Calumet boys are 18U Tier 2 National Champions. Some good sophomores on that team to keep an eye on.
            They did have someone there watching.

Mel Pearson.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...05XckZNVE94aDg

Comment

Well, its official, let the rollercoaster ride begin. Red Berenson has retired.
              Time to find out how committed Michigan Tech is to hockey and how committed Mel Pearson is to Michigan Tech.
              (at least this ride will finally end)
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Spoke briefly to Mel today at the Team Copper Country game. He said he was going straight back to Houghton after the game..."maybe I'll be racing these guys to the bridge".

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  They did have someone there watching.

Mel Pearson.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...05XckZNVE94aDg
                  Excellent. I love Mel, I emailed him after the Broadmoor win and it took him 30 minutes max to respond. He was so fired up...

Comment

Interesting comments from Mel to the Free Press today. http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...key/100290570/
                    Sounds like there haven't been any talks yet between UMich and Mel, contrary to previous reports. I tend to agree with Chris Dilks article that there's not much upside for Mel in going back to Ann Arbor. (See http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-...eaman-blashill)

Comment

I fired an email off to Mel as well to show him support and tell him how much he means to the community.
                      2005-2006: 7-25-6
                      2006-2007: 18-17-5
                      2007-2008: 14-20-5
                      2008-2009: 6-25-7
                      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

No contact very happy

https://twitter.com/GeorgeSipple/sta...22229028433920

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                          Interesting comments from Mel to the Free Press today. http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...key/100290570/
                          Sounds like there haven't been any talks yet between UMich and Mel, contrary to previous reports. I tend to agree with Chris Dilks article that there's not much upside for Mel in going back to Ann Arbor. (See http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-...eaman-blashill)
                          Generally Chis is ok, but I wonder if he just takes Red line Report and paraphrases it. However, I disagree with his assertion that Tech or any other small midwestern school will never win a title and it's a waste of time to try. If that were true we should all quit hockey and go do something else. I was mad at first about it, but after calming down I can see how he would think that. But he also said Michigan has a long way to go to get back to competitive. I disagree with that too. They will be competitive next year.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I like what Jake said at the NCAA press conference, getting the experience this year will hopefully help take a step further next year with a frozen 4 in the sights. No hockey player accepts the Dilks statements, BS, I think winning a title is driving the staff right now, at least the best **** try possible.

Go Tech!

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Generally Chis is ok, but I wonder if he just takes Red line Report and paraphrases it. However, I disagree with his assertion that Tech or any other small midwestern school will never win a title and it's a waste of time to try. If that were true we should all quit hockey and go do something else. I was mad at first about it, but after calming down I can see how he would think that. But he also said Michigan has a long way to go to get back to competitive. I disagree with that too. They will be competitive next year.
                              dont let facts get into the way, MtU has finished two of the last three season in the top 16 in the Pretournament PWR and got an autobid in the third season...the WCHA had a terrible year. They are still far from AHA West. Hopefully they rebound to stop having these appearances of a downward trend.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                Means nothing at this point. Berenson isn't officially "official" yet, and will assist with the search. Manuel, "wants to talk to Mel". Which means, Red will probably call Mel personally.

I still put it 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                                X