Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Agree. I tried to find some info on his salary at Iowa, but didn't come up with much. Would you estimate it's something in the 100-150 range? Or lower?
    Yeah, about $150k would be my guess for an AHL coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I will be out of town for work this afternoon, but check for my prelim list of candidates on TechHockeyGuide.com this afternoon, including those I don't want but expect to apply and some that I expect won't apply but think might and would be a good fit. I'll try and invest some time this week in going deeper into many of them.
      Dave Shyiak, come on down!

(ducks and covers)
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        I will be out of town for work this afternoon, but check for my prelim list of candidates on TechHockeyGuide.com this afternoon, including those I don't want but expect to apply and some that I expect won't apply but think might and would be a good fit. I'll try and invest some time this week in going deeper into many of them.
        I would be comfortable with Muckalt, Rolston, Shawhan, or Eades. Time for me to fly, more thoughts later.

Comment

And my (way too long) list of candidates is up...
          http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2017...e-search-begin
          Hopefully I'll get an in depth look at one of the front runners written up tonight.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Technically the title is now quite misleading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              Hopefully I'll get an in depth look at one of the front runners written up tonight.
              The most important question - what's the word out of the paint store? Do you still have them as a source?

Comment

you know what time it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt5M0hycZf8
                In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Chris Bergeron? Really? Is Tech that much more of a destination coaching job than BG or are you trying to make the list longer/more impressive?

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                    Chris Bergeron? Really? Is Tech that much more of a destination coaching job than BG or are you trying to make the list longer/more impressive?
                    It's a risk you take when he's underpaid at $170k salary. Tech would have the $250k to buy him out as a result of Mel's buyout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Reputation for what? Being pi55ed off that Mel used his alma mater as a stepping stone to return to Ann Arbor for $Texas? Yeah, fark that noise.

Sure, we have whiners. So does everyone else, and in spades. You've been to REA and possibly Yost - you know what it's like.
                      Stepping stone programs can succeed long-term. I don't know if there is a great example in college hockey but Xavier/Dayton come to mind in college hoops. I could understand being ****ed if Michigan hired him after one blah season at Tech. The guy leaves your program in as good of shape since when exactly? When was the last time Michigan Tech was as good a program as they have been the last 5 years or so? If you have competent administrators, you find the next guy to build on what Pearson has done. Mel Pearson did the hardest work. If the next guy is any good, he has it much easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Stepping stone programs can succeed long-term. I don't know if there is a great example in college hockey but Xavier/Dayton come to mind in college hoops. I could understand being ****ed if Michigan hired him after one blah season at Tech. The guy leaves your program in as good of shape since when exactly? When was the last time Michigan Tech was as good a program as they have been the last 5 years or so? If you have competent administrators, you find the next guy to build on what Pearson has done. Mel Pearson did the hardest work. If the next guy is any good, he has it much easier.
                        I actually agree with all of this, but that doesn't mean our fans have to happy about it, or "wish Mel luck" at Michigan, or aren't entitled to give him hell at the next GLI.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                          It's a risk you take when he's underpaid at $170k salary. Tech would have the $250k to buy him out as a result of Mel's buyout.

Even with the "he's underpaid" risk, he's going to uproot his school age kids for cashola and land at Tech? I get the first part, but the second? I guess stranger things have happened...

Comment

It won't be Bergeron, don't worry. I doubt he even applies.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                              Even with the "he's underpaid" risk, he's going to uproot his school age kids for cashola and land at Tech? I get the first part, but the second? I guess stranger things have happened...
                              This figures are a bit outdated. Bergeron has a base of about $185,000 now with some makes life. Bonuses that put over $200,000. It's also spelled out in his contract that he will get around $170-175,000 with which to pay his assistants. And then there are other bonuses and perks.He also has attendance bonuses that have paid him quite handsomely. No disrespect to Tech, but it would be a lateral move at best for Bergeron.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                This figures are a bit outdated. Bergeron has a base of about $185,000 now with some makes life. Bonuses that put over $200,000. It's also spelled out in his contract that he will get around $170-175,000 with which to pay his assistants. And then there are other bonuses and perks.He also has attendance bonuses that have paid him quite handsomely. No disrespect to Tech, but it would be a lateral move at best for Bergeron.
                                We put it in there as a possibility, but no real expectation. Maybe we'll get him a raise.

Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X