Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

Ooops sorry, I accidentally stumbled into the "Who will be Michigan's next coach?" thread. I was looking for Huskies hockey. Seriously, who cares who Michigan hires? It isn't going to be Pearson so it is of no concern to us until the GLI rolls round next season and we have to play Michigan.

If you played at Tech, graduated from Tech, then coached at Tech for a few years, followed by 20+ years working at another rival university that never gave you the opportunity you really wanted, then were able to come back to Tech for the opportunity you really wanted, and are pretty much universally loved by everyone at Tech including the administration... Other than Michigan offering Pearson $1M per season plus incentives I see zero chance he makes a change and as you get older you'll realize that money isn't everything.

What is the greater accomplishment - Taking over a program someone else built, or building your own dynasty from nothing? In summary:
    A) Michigan head coaching position is not better than the Tech head coaching position for Mel
    B) I'm not even convinced that Pearson would be Michigan's #1 coaching prospect, even if they had their pick of anyone they wanted
    Hoppy Easter,
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH 2017 OFF-SEASON - We're Adding to the Trophy Case & Keeping Pearson

I have a funny feeling Muckalt is going to get the NMU job.
      Michigan will hire a coach with head coaching experience at the div 1 level or higher.
      Mel wants to win a NCAA title before retiring and he will decide where he wants to be.

I can see all the announcements waiting until all the dominoes fall.
      Last edited by Huskiefan906; 04-14-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
        I have a funny feeling Muckalt is going to get the NMU job.
        Michigan will hire a coach with head coaching experience at the div 1 level or higher.
        Mel wants to win a NCAA title before retiring and he will decide where he wants to be.

I can see all the announcements waiting until all the dominoes fall.
        Nope
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Davyd83, is it decided yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
            Davyd83, is it decided yet?
            I'm just guessing that he either knows or is very confident that Muckalt is not a finalist for the NMU job and that NMU will not be waiting for any other decisions likely because their 5 finalists aren't really involved in Michigan or replacing Mel if he does go to Michigan.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              Nope
              Correct

Comment

I don't think it's realistic for Mel to "just say no" to Michigan right out of the gate. He was there 22 years and has a lot of close ties. Even if his mind was completely made up to stay in Houghton, it makes sense that he might still sit for an interview and hear them out. I think it would be a little politically incorrect and might even offend some people at UMich if Mel immediately said "No, I won't even consider it." If he goes down for an interview, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                  I don't think it's realistic for Mel to "just say no" to Michigan right out of the gate. He was there 22 years and has a lot of close ties. Even if his mind was completely made up to stay in Houghton, it makes sense that he might still sit for an interview and hear them out. I think it would be a little politically incorrect and might even offend some people at UMich if Mel immediately said "No, I won't even consider it." If he goes down for an interview, I wouldn't read too much into it.
                  You almost never give an outright NO. Polite or not you want to know where the market is and where they are going.

Comment

All I know is Coach Pearson has made Tech hockey so entertaining, I have been rooting for Tech since I was 5 years old. It is my favorite team for my favorite sport. It started with a GLI, then the Cup returned to Houghton, then the Broadmoor. National success awaits, I just hope heart wins out. As was mentioned, Coach Pearson and staff have put Tech hockey back on the map. I am hoping I can stop holding my breath soon for my alma mater.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      All I know is Coach Pearson has made Tech hockey so entertaining, I have been rooting for Tech since I was 5 years old. It is my favorite team for my favorite sport. It started with a GLI, then the Cup returned to Houghton, then the Broadmoor. National success awaits, I just hope heart wins out. As was mentioned, Coach Pearson and staff have put Tech hockey back on the map. I am hoping I can stop holding my breath soon for my alma mater.
                      This, in spades^^^^^

Comment

Apparently twitter is showing we have two new recruits who signed NLI's. I view this as a positive in more ways than one.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Excellent!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Apparently twitter is showing we have two new recruits who signed NLI's. I view this as a positive in more ways than one.
                            Justin Misiak and Seamus Donohue, two previous verbals. Seamus' document is in full view and shows that he's receiving a 3/4 scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                              Justin Misiak and Seamus Donohue, two previous verbals. Seamus' document is in full view and shows that he's receiving a 3/4 scholarship.
                              Now that you mention it, you can read Misiak's when you zoom in...he's a full ride.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by shirtless guy View Post
                                now that you mention it, you can read misiak's when you zoom in...he's a full ride.
                                wow!
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X