Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Want To Try Again...

That article was from before the election...he ran on the idea of not being the world police.
    He also said that he was going to obliterate (my word) ISIS/terrorism. That's policing in my book, if one is performing that action overseas.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by french rage View Post
      he's learned a lot of things none of us could possibly fathom. Like, for example, that health care is really complicated!
      who knew!!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        He also said that he was going to obliterate (my word) ISIS/terrorism. That's policing in my book, if one is performing that action overseas.
        Actually, it's not policing.

We started going to war over terrorism when the United States decided that Terrorism was no longer a police issue. Which to me is odd because you can't declare war on Terrorists when they have no country.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Just heard McCain on MSNBC. He's happier than happy about the Trump Syria response.

The Neocons are back. Get ready for war.
          Spoken like a true moderate

#ericdaxe #GaryJohnson2016
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Actually, it's not policing.

We started going to war over terrorism when the United States decided that Terrorism was no longer a police issue. Which to me is odd because you can't declare war on Terrorists when they have no country.
            Agreed on that part.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

who knew!!
              No one. No one could possibly have known.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well, if nothing else, we now have confirmation as to why Trump's team proposed the increased military budget.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The fun never stops.

President Trump is considering ousting both White House chief of staff Reince Priebus and chief strategist Steve Bannon, Axios reported on Friday.

Aides and advisers to the president told Axios that, while Trump is considering a major shake up in the West Wing, it's not clear when it would happen or if Trump will "pull that trigger."

"Things are happening, but it's very unclear the president's willing to pull that trigger," one top aide said.
                  Maybe that's what happened last night. Trump said, "screw it -- pull the trigger" but picked up the wrong phone.

This is a fun story too for some inside baseball. Axios is run by a refugee from Politico, and the two sites are basically at war, not just scooping each other but constantly taking the other's scoop and then undercutting or de-legitimizing it. Julie Mason (also formerly of Politico, now at XM POTUS) talks about it on her show which is really just a backyard fence for the gossip of the twenty zillion reporters she knows from her days in Dubya's press pool. Apparently it's a public playing out of an incredibly petty and thin-skinned personal grudge.

I'm pretty sure there is no professionalism anywhere anymore. Maybe we shouldn't have taken off our ties after all...
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Maybe we shouldn't have taken off our ties after all...
                    That made me laugh. Maybe in a few years Malcolm Gladwell will be writing an article about how casual Fridays actually led to the downfall of American Democracy.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      That made me laugh. Maybe in a few years Malcolm Gladwell will be writing an article about how casual Fridays actually led to the downfall of American Democracy.
                      That's just a low blow. F-ck Malcolm Gladwell. God, at least give me Scott Adams (also an idiot, but at least one with a sense of humor if not shame).

And anyway, the guy to write that piece unironically is David Brooks. With a forward by Peggy Noonan.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 04-07-2017, 09:39 AM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Want To Try Again...

That article was from before the election...he ran on the idea of not being the world police.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        The guy engaged in doublespeak his entire campaign. He said we wouldn't police the world anymore, and yet he also promised, within the first 30 days, a plan for defeating ISIS.

Comment

So, we warned the Russians about the upcoming strike, who warned the Syrians, who moved their equipment out of the way. That's an epic waste of material.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            The guy engaged in doublespeak his entire campaign. He said we wouldn't police the world anymore, and yet he also promised, within the first 30 days, a plan for defeating ISIS.
                            This is true, he promised both. Including to bomb the S out of ISIS. My conservative colleague had abandoned Trump. It started when he threatened to primary house conservatives, and now this. Yet he's certainly not gaining support anywhere. I'm curious how low he will be able to drive his popularity before whatever form the imminent Armageddon takes.
                            It's also interesting to me that we're apparently at war with both sides of a civil war simultaneously. That has to be great for arms dealers $$$$
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              This is true, he promised both. Including to bomb the S out of ISIS. My conservative colleague had abandoned Trump. It started when he threatened to primary house conservatives, and now this. Yet he's certainly not gaining support anywhere. I'm curious how low he will be able to drive his popularity before whatever form the imminent Armageddon takes.
                              It's also interesting to me that we're apparently at war with both sides of a civil war simultaneously. That has to be great for arms dealers $$$$
                              Lord Of War, despite Nic Cage, is a great movie that covers this type of stuff. And yes, the movie is based on real arms dealers and their workings, although the movie itself is complete fiction.

Comment

Trump's in a lose-lose situation. This Syria thing is entirely bait. If he takes it, he goes full war monger. If he smartly doesn't, you wackos continue whining about Russia.

Comment

Working...
                                X