Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    This is interesting. If things are so terrible being a Rep, how do they keep getting elected? Does that mean libs don't have any issues of their own? It swings both ways. Both parties have their issues. Why are health care premiums skyrocketing in the MN Sure programs? How much funding is needed to optimize the public school system? Each party answers those questions two different ways. No one I know is asking for my heart or yours to bleed for them. I work within the system as I'm able. If the system changes, which it does often, I adjust. Changes don't always benefit me, but might help balance things for others. So the big question is where is that balance. Obviously it's not that clear otherwise we wouldn't keep swinging back and forth.
    No "libs" (really) have plenty of issues but we arent discussing them right now. I have plenty of issues with liberals too...the difference is my issues with them are more about attitude. My issues with "cons" is that they tend to act selfishly and in defiance of what is better for everyone.

Remember the changes you are talking about benefited me just fine. My life will certainly be better. The problem is I also am an advocate for Gay Rights (they most certainly wont be) Women's Rights (hahaha like the GOP cares) amongst many others. My girlfriend teaches at risk youth (all with addiction and mental health problems) and we know that isnt going to be well funded anymore.
    Last edited by Handyman; 03-30-2017, 05:58 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Immunity from what? What's he done that's illegal?

And if he's done something bad enough that he feels he needs immunity for it, then this is gonna he yuuuuge!!!!
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        Mike Flynn has offered to testify in exchange for immunity.
        Delicious
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          So then, why do so many poor and uneducated people vote for the people who cut public education, cut the social services that help support them if they are out of work or going to school to better themselves, don't support job training and community colleges, make it harder for them to get health care, and so forth.

That was his point. these people, again and again, vote against their own self-interest, while sneering about "elites" and "liberal college-educated know-nothings". And their lot in life keeps getting worse and worse, but they keep voting the same way. And now, they're maybe finally actually seeing that the people they voted for aren't looking out for them, but are making their lives worse, and now they're like, "Wait, we didn't vote for this!!" Well sorry, but you did. And if you'd been paying any kind of attention during this election, you would have known that.

And now you want those "elites" that you sneer at to have pity on you, and help you out. Sorry, been there, done that. The "elites" tried to help you, have been trying to help you for years. And you wanted none of it. So now, you reap what you sow. Time to pick yourself up, help yourself. Bootstraps, baby.
          Bingo!

Its like that girl we all know...she wants to meet a great guy, fall in love and have a family. Yet every Friday night she gets wasted at a bar, goes home with some d-bag and sleeps with him then when he doesnt call gets depressed and the cycle continues. Well after a while it is time to tell her "if that was what you really wanted you wouldnt be doing everything you can to prevent yourself from having it."

Look at WI...Walker has all but destroyed their economy, ruined their school system and walked back protections and Rights for thousands...and yet the very people he screws over the most wont stop voting for him. Well too flipping bad if you arent going to help yourself dont look at me to help you.

The Red States are getting their wish...they dont have to live under the thumb of the Blue States and their liberal agenda and high taxes! Well, when twisters hit Mississippi and the Gulf is not swimmable because they lost their regulations and refused federal money (they did) that is just too bad. When the Red River floods North Dakota can deal with it on their own. When the levee breaks Louisiana can have their corrupt leaders help them out because now I dont want my tax dollars to do so. The United Red States of Real Murica can do as they please.
          Last edited by Handyman; 03-30-2017, 06:10 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Immunity from what? What's he done that's illegal?

And if he's done something bad enough that he feels he needs immunity for it, then this is gonna he yuuuuge!!!!
            Like I said...just like the mob. My guess is he doesnt have much but he is just one domino. Trump should have never thrown him under the bus to protect himself and Pence.

Now the question is...how will the GOP try and block this one?

One week into spring and Trump is already at Nixon levels...if the Dems controlled Congress he would be a Dead Man Walking.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              Mike Flynn has offered to testify in exchange for immunity.

I forgot to buy stocks in Polonium.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Bingo!

Its like that girl we all know...she wants to meet a great guy, fall in love and have a family. Yet every Friday night she gets wasted at a bar, goes home with some d-bag and sleeps with him then when he doesnt call gets depressed and the cycle continues. Well after a while it is time to tell her "if that was what you really wanted you wouldnt be doing everything you can to prevent yourself from having it."

Look at WI...Walker has all but destroyed their economy, ruined their school system and walked back protections and Rights for thousands...and yet the very people he screws over the most wont stop voting for him. Well too flipping bad if you arent going to help yourself dont look at me to help you.

The Red States are getting their wish...they dont have to live under the thumb of the Blue States and their liberal agenda and high taxes! Well, when twisters hit Mississippi and the Gulf is not swimmable because they lost their regulations and refused federal money (they did) that is just too bad. When the Red River floods North Dakota can deal with it on their own. When the levee breaks Louisiana can have their corrupt leaders help them out because now I dont want my tax dollars to do so. The United Red States of Real Murica can do as they please.
                I wish. They get the money anyway.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Wasn't Flynn agreeing to testify reported almost a week or two ago?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Wasn't Flynn agreeing to testify reported almost a week or two ago?
                    Wow. Apparently it was 3/25 when CNN first reported it. Seems like so long ago already.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I wonder at what point Trump became aware he was going to spend the rest of his life in a federal PMITA prison. Has he yet? Oh how I wish I could be a fly on the wall when that moment happens.
                      Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        So then, why do so many poor and uneducated people vote for the people who cut public education, cut the social services that help support them if they are out of work or going to school to better themselves, don't support job training and community colleges, make it harder for them to get health care, and so forth.
                        Guns and "God"

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Guns and "God"
                          And Gays.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I wonder at what point Trump became aware he was going to spend the rest of his life in a federal PMITA prison. Has he yet? Oh how I wish I could be a fly on the wall when that moment happens.
                            Rich white people don't go to PMITA prison
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Fair point.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Bingo!

Its like that girl we all know...she wants to meet a great guy, fall in love and have a family. Yet every Friday night she gets wasted at a bar, goes home with some d-bag and sleeps with him then when he doesnt call gets depressed and the cycle continues. Well after a while it is time to tell her "if that was what you really wanted you wouldnt be doing everything you can to prevent yourself from having it..
                                this girl..... she asian?!?!!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X