Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Can you show your math on that? Genuinely curious because I don't understand bonds other than the over simplified "it's like a loan paid back over time."
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

"Obvious pretext."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Can you show your math on that? Genuinely curious because I don't understand bonds other than the over simplified "it's like a loan paid back over time."
        A bond is a loan. Loans are classified as notes, bills, and bonds. Bonds are long-term (5+ years, I think), bills intermediate-term, and notes are short-term (<90 days).
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          It's like the ****ing Keystone Cops. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/3...&ICID=ref_fark
          One of the comments makes a note that this appears to be a transcription error on the part of CBS. Paul Ryan actually says, "I haven't seen" and CBS transcribed it as "I have seen".
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            2.7 million / 500 customers = $5400 per customer on average.

Call it a twenty year bond, that'd be $270 per customer per year, not counting interest. Divide that by 12 and you get monthly payments of $22.50 plus interest. I don't have time to do the math on a sample amortization schedule that would include interest. But it'd probably be less than $30 / month.

But keep in mind that's on top of their current bill, and in a part of the country that likely isn't wealthy to begin with.

Comment

Also, I love this e-mail exchange with my dad when the ACHA went down in flames:

Me: So this means the republicans are two parties now, right?
              Dad: It is still much in flux, but looks like the two Republican parties (Ryan/mainstream, Freedom Caucus) are now 4 four parties (Ryan/mainstream, Freedom Caucus, Tuesday Caucus/moderates, Trump ultimatum).
              *about five minutes after the announcement they were pulling the bill*
              Dad: Kaboom! Into a billion tiny Republican pieces.

I was in a meeting when I received it. Almost passed out trying not to laugh.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                A bond is a loan. Loans are classified as notes, bills, and bonds. Bonds are long-term (5+ years, I think), bills intermediate-term, and notes are short-term (<90 days).
                Thank you.

Sure slapping each property with a $20 a month bill sounds easy, but that's 2.7 Million divided by 500 properties, divided by $20 a month, divided by 12 months in a year = 22.5 Months to repay the loan. Saying that this community doesn't shrink over those 22.5 years.

And, the municipality likely doesn't have a good enough credit rating to secure a long term loan.

AND, these locals would likely vote no to any tax increase to repay the bond.

So, in essence, Wisco is full of sh**.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Call it a twenty year bond, that'd be $270 per customer per year, not counting interest. Divide that by 12 and you get monthly payments of $22.50 plus interest. I don't have time to do the math on a sample amortization schedule that would include interest. But it'd probably be less than $30 / month.

But keep in mind that's on top of their current bill, and in a part of the country that likely isn't wealthy to begin with.
                  We came to the same conclusion.

Wisco is full of sh**.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    It's like the ****ing Keystone Cops. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/3...&ICID=ref_fark
                    Every minute Ryan is having an internal battle...to defend Don or not to. His lies back up the assertion. He knows he is screwed right now and isnt sure which he prefers to be bent over a barrel by the House GOP or be treated the same then peed on by King Tiny***** McSmallHands

Couldnt happen to a bigger POS
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

Have you ever used the pre-designed loan amortization tool in MS Excel? It's a pretty nifty little tool they have there. It even lets you play with irregular payments if you want to pay an extra $1000 once a year and see how that impacts the remaining principle.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

He's not wrong.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hey, Republicans. **** you.

Scott Pruitt, the head of the Environmental Protection Agency, moved late on Wednesday to reject the scientific conclusion of the agency’s own chemical safety experts who under the Obama administration recommended that one of the nation’s most widely used insecticides be permanently banned at farms nationwide because of the harm it potentially causes children and farm workers.
                          https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Somebody's going to get cut, somebody's going to bleed a little bit. That's just a fact of life,
                            And I thought this is why they voted for Trump, they were bleeding, and were sick and tired of it, and he was gonna make it stop.

I guess they don't mind getting cut, as long as the guy wielding the knife is some rich white guy.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Hey, Pruitt knows a lot more than a bunch of scientists.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                We came to the same conclusion

Wisco is full of sh**.
                                Well I'm certainly going to go with your conclusion even though you just said you don't know what you're talking about.

About 10 years ago, I lived in a village of 800 that did this and I had dinner with the Village President pretty much every Friday. My Dad just did this last year as he's been on the board in his rural town for about 8 years. Admittedly I originally did the math in my head, so I took 5 minutes and looked up the demographics for Strong City and Cottonwood Falls, the cities in question. (FYI-Cottonwood Falls is home to the oldest continuously used courthouse west of the Mississippi. Also Knute Rockne died in a plane crash very near there.) If I apply the same methodology I've seen used elsewhere I can make it (conservatively) $15/month for residents. Which is still just an average as you're generally charged out by usage in combination with a flat fee. (The flat water and sewer fee there is currently $20. Mine is $96.) Consider that currently, a new wastewater treatment facility has a life expectancy of 50 years so you'd be unlikely to limit yourself to a 20 year bond issue on it and that usage at businesses like hotels etc. is obviously much greater than in homes. As far as credit rating goes, these small municipal bonds are usually issued through the county (occasionally through the state) not on their own.

And lastly, the only point to this was simply that these people would be unlikely to actually die from thirst or poisoned water if there were no Federal government grant. Sorry.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X