Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Re: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

The level of hypocrisy displayed by the current administration and by the republicans in congress has reached heights even my pessimistic mind could not have envisioned last fall. I know the hypocrisy has always been present but for the right to remain silent or to invent the false equivalencies they have invented when it comes to the current president is both revolting and sad. To me trump is almost not even the real issue. It is the climate that led to his election, and the climate that allows the people who could be a real check on his destructive actions and deranged ideas to look the other way. There have always been evil or incredibly stupid people who have managed to find the levers of power. But it is only when they are not challenged at all by better, smarter people that their evil deeds can take root. The people letting trump get away with all of what he will do should burn in hell for eternity. That is still a fate to fair for them.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggsy View Post
    I agree. No way the reaction would have been different. GOP will claim that anyone would have shifted the makeup of the court 5-4 in the other direction. So that couldn't happen under their watch and they were going to make sure of it since they were pretty sure they were about to win the white house.
    The point wasn't to influence how the GOP reacted. Of course they were going to block whoever Obama put up. The theory is that if Obama had found a transgender minority feminist working class vegan Millenial to nominate, it may have goosed Dem turnout a little
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Five Thousand Candles in the Wind!

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    The point wasn't to influence how the GOP reacted. Of course they were going to block whoever Obama put up. The theory is that if Obama had found a transgender minority feminist working class vegan Millenial to nominate, it may have goosed Dem turnout a little
    And it would have motivated the other side as well. It isnt like MORE of them voted than before but you put up someone like that and every Redneck who can sign an X will find a way to vote.

As for the Grand Ole Hypocrites (GOH in my mind from now on) here is hoping the nutters that love them all primary their asses like they did Eric Cantor. They sold themselves out to fellate Trump except on Health Care...and that is only cause he didnt want to just take health care away from brown/black/poor people so the Whites were better off. Time for the freaks to realize that the Rich Whitey's they support truly hate them...and they arent even hiding it anymore.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Not Deplorable FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    But what about all our Righty friends around here...I mean I know some of them are changing their shorts because we defunded Planned Parenthood but still! I remember all the snark about Obama's golfing...Trump is golfing more in his first 100 days than Obama did over the course of YEARS! Where are they all now?
    Black? Female? IMPEACH!

White male? POTUS needs his vacation time.

We know how it goes.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Black? Female? IMPEACH!

White male? POTUS needs his vacation time.

We know how it goes.
    What if it was a Black Female Republican?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    But what about all our Righty friends around here...I mean I know some of them are changing their shorts because we defunded Planned Parenthood but still! I remember all the snark about Obama's golfing...Trump is golfing more in his first 100 days than Obama did over the course of YEARS! Where are they all now?
    I posted this before. Read it again, learn it. It's the Republican creed in a nutshell, for every issue, and every Democrat.

http://www.eschatonblog.com/2017/03/...#disqus_thread

While I've long laughed at conservatives for not understanding liberals, despite the fact that ****ing off liberals is pretty much their #1 motivation, lately I've started to roll my eyes at liberals not understanding conservatives.

Conservatives never cared about "Wall Street" working in the White House. They cared about "Wall Street" working for Obama. Conservatives never cared about presidents playing golf, they cared about Obama playing golf. Hell, conservatives wouldn't even care if Donald Trump was born in Kenya. They just don't think black people are actually American.

There's some point to raising these kinds of double standard issues with the media. As in, why did you focus on Obama's golf playing and not Trump's (if that is indeed a valid criticism). But thinking you're going to needle Trump fans with this stuff is silly. They don't care.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

And he wrote this recently, which is just as apropos.

For confused reporters, I'll explain it very simply: Trump voters don't care about most of the issues Trump claimed to care about in the campaign. They were just applause lines. If Fox and Breitbart had spent 3 months going on about the "Zipperhead Protocol" they'd have screamed in delight every time Trump mentioned it, without caring what it meant. A lot in America is ****ed up and bull****, so Trump supporters have legitimate economic grievances like the rest of us, but they don't really see politics as a way to solve that. They see politics as a reality show in which their guy is winning and stomping on the face of the losing team, a team which includes blah people. Keep the racism going, keep ****ing off the loser liberals, keep sticking it to the blah people. That's what will keep them happy. It was never about the ex-im bank or Chinese currency manipulation or whatever the hell, it was about kicking the **** out of loser liberals. Go Team Trump!
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I posted this before. Read it again, learn it. It's the Republican creed in a nutshell, for every issue, and every Democrat.

http://www.eschatonblog.com/2017/03/...#disqus_thread
    Thanks, I'm officially borrowing "Merde-a-lago" from the comments.

But ultimately, this boils down to the standard conservative creed - "white lives good, black lives bad unless they're Republicans".
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Thanks, I'm officially borrowing "Merde-a-lago" from the comments.

But ultimately, this boils down to the standard conservative creed - "white lives good, black lives bad unless they're Republicans".
    I think you can take that a step further. "Poor and lower middle class lives bad, black white or brown, but their votes are very very good."

The Sore Winner is at it again.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I did what was an almost an impossible thing to do for a Republican-easily won the Electoral College! Now Tax Returns are brought up again?

Someone should look into who paid for the small organized rallies yesterday. The election is over!
    So happy for the people that voted for him. So happy.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Generic Catchy Message

Wonder what he's scared about today. Tweets on tweets on tweets.

He wants to know who paid for the rallies? Duh George Soros the man has more money than anyone dontcha know!

People should hold rallies every week about this clown...the more he talks the more likely he tweets something that is an admission of guilt
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    The Sore Winner is at it again.

So happy for the people that voted for him. So happy.
    Almost impossible thing to do for a Republican, even though they've done it 3 of the last 5. I'm sure Flaggy will tell us how we're misunderstanding it though.
    Last edited by French Rage; 04-17-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

The recent Kansas election (Congress) was a really big media event, until the Republicans won. Now they play the same game with Georgia-BAD!
    Never shuts up about elections. Never. I predict sweeping victory in 18 and 20. His people love him.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Vice President Mike Pence warned North Korea not to test the strength of America's military might, underlining a message that the Trump administration sought to bring peace through strength.

"All options are on the table," he reiterated Monday while standing next to South Korean Acting President Hwang Kyo-ahn, putting reclusive North Korea on notice that neither the U.S. nor South Korea would tolerate further missile or nuclear tests.
    It's always a good idea to talk like this to mentally unstable people like Kim Jong-un. They always react the way you want them to. Does Pence realize that if a war is started Seoul is going to be obliterated before we can do anything about it?

It's always a good idea to talk like this to mentally unstable people like Kim Jong-un. They always react the way you want them to. Does Pence realize that if a war is started Seoul is going to be obliterated before we can do anything about it?
    Isn't that what they want? These guys are itching for a fight against whoever takes the bait first. Then we'll go all in to "SUPPORT THE TROOPS", which will include having no problems getting the hefty budget increase for defense spending passed.

Quote Originally Posted by dave122793 View Post
    Isn't that what they want? These guys are itching for a fight against whoever takes the bait first. Then we'll go all in to "SUPPORT THE TROOPS", which will include having no problems getting the hefty budget increase for defense spending passed.
    Do you have any idea how many innocent South Koreans and Americans live in Seoul? This is insanity.

Do you have any idea how many innocent South Koreans and Americans live in Seoul? This is insanity.
    That'll make it easier to break into "support our troops or get hung for treason" mode. Toby Keith will be Blasted 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    That'll make it easier to break into "support our troops or get hung for treason" mode. Toby Keith will be Blasted 24/7.
    Given the way the media has been masturbating to the Tomahawks and MOAB, the administration won't even need indoctrination. The goons running our government will schedule foreign policy around Sweeps Week.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

There are four lights.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Thread Information