Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Assad has used nerve agents before, and Putin didn't flinch then. Why would he abandon Assad now?

Remember this? The death toll was even worse.
    I was unfamiliar with that. And there goes my hopes for Russian leadership at being anything resembling humane.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Just finished 4 1/2 hours at the Lincoln Museum in Springfield. Was a little embarrassed at times to tear up in response to some of the information and exhibits. The divisions in the country are hard to contemplate, even now. 1.3 million deaths in 5 years, including his own.

And I will head over to my hotel, where I will turn on the television to hear more of what our fu ckwad child RAPER (alleged) tweeted last night.
      FTFY!

BTW that museum is awesome.

So what is this CNN is saying about how Russia may be involved in the Sarin gas attack? So glad Putin and **** Prez are buddies!!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Also, other than Trumpy seeing some pictures of dead babies on Fox and getting the sadz, and impulsively tossing off a few dozen missiles at $1 million a pop, there's his talk about how he "isn't going to talk about what his military plans are, not gonna let his enemies know what his response will be"

And yet, reports are before the attack, he told the Russians it was coming, who in turn alerted the Syrians, so all important equipment was spirited out of harm's way, and all the missiles hit were a few small outbuildings around the base. Not the major communications hubs, and not the airstrip itself. So what was accomplished? What objective did this strike achieve. Other than swinging his dik around and blowing some sh%t up? $60 million wasted for what purpose?
        Raytheon's stock went through the roof...they make Tomahawks.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          I was unfamiliar with that. And there goes my hopes for Russian leadership at being anything resembling humane.
          And Then There is This

"The Pentagon is looking for any evidence that the Russian government knew about or was complicit in the attack in Idlib province that killed at least 80 people and injured dozens more, a senior US defense official said."

"Russia earlier this week denied a chemical weapons attack took place in Syria. It said the deaths in Khan Sheikhoun were caused by a Syrian regime airstrike on a rebel-controlled chemical weapons factory on the ground."
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Putin is an autocratic sociopath. He cares about nothing but his own power and wealth, and will seriously fark with anyone who gets in the way of his designs to put the Eastern Bloc back together, and in charge of the oil reserves on that side of the globe.

Comment

Putin is an autocratic sociopath. He cares about nothing but his own power and wealth
              He seems to care about rhythmic gymnasts, too. Takes them three at a time like a Brazilian steakhouse.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Putin is an autocratic sociopath. He cares about nothing but his own power and wealth, and will seriously fark with anyone who gets in the way of his designs to put the Eastern Bloc back together, and in charge of the oil reserves on that side of the globe.
                He's old school Russia, all the way.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What does a vow of defeating ISIS have to do with retaliating against Assad? That's quite a non sequitur, Brent although I know you're way too stubborn to admit that will try to qualify it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    What does a vow of defeating ISIS have to do with retaliating against Assad? That's quite a non sequitur, Brent although I know you're way too stubborn to admit that will try to qualify it anyway.
                    It's a more general opinion, on my part. He said he wasn't going to police the world, but then he said he'd destroy ISIS (which is policing, if done overseas). So, by attacking Syria, he is indeed policing the world. In his head, one terrorist is just as good as the next.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just stating what I am seeing.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

No one is arguing he's not gone against his word. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        No one is arguing he's not gone against his word. Again.
                        I was addressing the fact that you thought I'd justify it, or qualify it, or whatever. I am just opining on what I see, as neutral as I can be (or try to be). For the Syria thing, my recent comments were (hopefully) meant to be presented in a neutral fashion.

Comment

Well, this was inevitable. Doesn't make it any less hilarious.

Comment

Well Kushner is a ((Jew)) so obviously BannonKKK wouldnt like him
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hey MSNBC, if you really think "conspiracy theories" are going to get you ratings, you really ARE dumb. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PY2RgoIIP8

Comment

A little too on the nose.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X