Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Is there a way to block all posts that link to InfoWars or Breitbart? I mean other than just blocking Flag?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Is there a way to block all posts that link to InfoWars or Breitbart? I mean other than just blocking Flag?
      Go to Facebook or Twitter. They're doing it already.

Comment

This week Xi Jinping can 'splain to him why this is not a good idea.
        Oh, I so hope Trump invites him out for a round of golf. I will be laughing uncontrollably.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Hey left-wingers, Reagan might be more of an ally than you'd think. http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/201...e-we-go-again/

Comment

A case for guarded optimism.

tl; dr: Trump is cratering in the polls and as it becomes apparent that he can't just wave his limp ol' d-ck around and make Washington jump his biggest fans, who are attracted to authoritarianism, will start to recoil, viewing him as weak.

Obviously the GOP sweep is still a tragedy both for opportunity cost and for what these pea-brains are actually doing, but maybe as Trump becomes a punchline even on the right their thirst for dictatorship may start to recede. While that would make the right more sane and thus more competitive, it would also be far healthier for the country.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The first major news outlet to just simply call Trump for the fraud he is. We need more of this. There can be no normalizing this creature or his lackeys.

It was no secret during the campaign that Donald Trump was a narcissist and a demagogue who used fear and dishonesty to appeal to the worst in American voters. The Times called him unprepared and unsuited for the job he was seeking, and said his election would be a “catastrophe.”

Still, nothing prepared us for the magnitude of this train wreck. Like millions of other Americans, we clung to a slim hope that the new president would turn out to be all noise and bluster, or that the people around him in the White House would act as a check on his worst instincts, or that he would be sobered and transformed by the awesome responsibilities of office.

Instead, seventy-some days in — and with about 1,400 to go before his term is completed — it is increasingly clear that those hopes were misplaced.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Seems like you watch too much TV. We've had a few federal prosecutions happen to a former mayor here in SE MI- and while all of the laws were broken while he was in office, the much of the actual prosecution and whatnot happened after he was out.

We've not even gotten through a full House or Senate committee, and you are expecting some kind of prosecution? It makes more sense to me that they are careful in making sure they have the whole thing before doing anything. Even if nothing illegal was done, they will not come out with what happened until they are done. More important, you can't leak evidence as you poison a potential juror if there's that kind of prosecution.

And worst of the worst- if you start leaking info before you are done, the odds of the other side trying to block what is going on gets higher and higher. Given the level of people who are theoretically part of this investigation, it's more important to keep things quiet so that the investigation can continue.

9 months isn't that long.
                No. I said I was skeptical, not that I expected a prosecution already. Every major scandal reaching into the White House that I can think of has been leaked. That Watergate reached into the WH was leaked 6 days after the break-in by the FBI (or as soon as they knew.) Iran-Contra was leaked. Monica Lewinski was leaked. And her sworn affidavit was leaked to NBC within 24 hrs. Knowledge of Hilary's exclusive use of email was the result of leaks to a reporter. There have been leaks about everything Trump from pretty much all agencies thus far. How do we even know Flynn talked to a Russian? Because it was leaked! To me, the suggestion that the 'real goods' have been somehow kept under wraps in this porous and political climate is a big stretch. And if it doesn't exist now, given the extent of surveillance on the Russians, it is somewhat difficult to imagine (not impossible) that it will be uncovered in the future. Could Flynn or perhaps Roger Stone done something a little borderline, fringey, sketchy? Sure. Ok. Maybe. A conspiracy kind of thing that brings down the President though? I'm pretty skeptical.

But besides that, in looking at the whole picture, it seems to me that the charges of collusion appear in many ways, more a political construct applied after the fact. The fact being that only Clinton was damaged and she lost. Conclusion? The Russians must have wanted Trump. (If Clinton had won I do wonder if we'd be looking at Trump's people for collusion, or just be focused on the Russian's interference?)

But what the Russians want is to do anything that undermines confidence in our political system and fans the flames of anarchy. We know for example that they employed hundreds of internet trolls to promote anarchist and ideological extremism on both the right and left by spreading tweets and posts and faked stories all over the internet. But was the Russian's goal one year ago to make Trump president? That seems a bit far fetched as a) they had nothing really damaging to Clinton beyond the fact that the DNC was full of political hacks, tricksters, and general jack wagons, just like every other campaign, and b) I cannot think of one credible source at any time that said Trump had any real chance of winning. What help to them was damaging Trump? He already couldn't win, plus, he was divisive on his own as an outsider candidate. Unless the Russians have some sort of magic crystal ball that no one else on earth possesses, getting Trump to the Presidency was the longest of long shots and inconsiderable as a strategy. What they logically wanted was to damage the country and undermine confidence in the next President, Hilary Clinton, in any way they could. Trump was 100% going to lose no matter what they did, so what do they get for working WITH him except perhaps more risk of exposure?

That Trump actually won and now we are focused on getting Trump for collusion is a lucky break for the Ruskis. The political division, the extremism on display, and the fact that we are at war with ourselves is what they are always aiming at no matter who wins here.

Here's a good play for the Russians in a few months: Arrest a couple of "rogue hackers" and leak a loose connection to somebody in the Trump circle. More chaos. аплодировать! (Hooray!)
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

The first major news outlet to just simply call Trump for the fraud he is. We need more of this. There can be no normalizing this creature or his lackeys.
                  To be fair, this is about the kind of train wreck most expected. Some of the scenarios were worse
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

I see no political solutions to the problems we face.

Well, this is marching down the wrong road. All solutions in America must be political solutions.

That a large percentage of people don't like the current solutions at any given time is basically what makes it work out over time.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

A case for guarded optimism.

tl; dr: Trump is cratering in the polls and as it becomes apparent that he can't just wave his limp ol' d-ck around and make Washington jump his biggest fans, who are attracted to authoritarianism, will start to recoil, viewing him as weak.

Obviously the GOP sweep is still a tragedy both for opportunity cost and for what these pea-brains are actually doing, but maybe as Trump becomes a punchline even on the right their thirst for dictatorship may start to recede. While that would make the right more sane and thus more competitive, it would also be far healthier for the country.
                      All candidates are weak in areas, but we have always expected that they would take on qualified people to shore up those areas if elected. I don't think many saw Rumsfeld as being as poisonous as he was or even Cheney, who at least provided a sane explanation for GHWB's decision not to occupy Iraq. But those two proved to be a disastrous part of that administration. But who could dream up a more unfit, offensive, and dangerous whisperer than Steve Bannon? And who but the most (what are the words?) will not eventually see that?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        But what the Russians want is to do anything that undermines confidence in our political system and fans the flames of anarchy. We know for example that they employed hundreds of internet trolls to promote anarchist and ideological extremism on both the right and left by spreading tweets and posts and faked stories all over the internet. But was the Russian's goal one year ago to make Trump president? That seems a bit far fetched as a) they had nothing really damaging to Clinton beyond the fact that the DNC was full of political hacks, tricksters, and general jack wagons, just like every other campaign, and b) I cannot think of one credible source at any time that said Trump had any real chance of winning. What help to them was damaging Trump? He already couldn't win, plus, he was divisive on his own as an outsider candidate. Unless the Russians have some sort of magic crystal ball that no one else on earth possesses, getting Trump to the Presidency was the longest of long shots and inconsiderable as a strategy. What they logically wanted was to damage the country and undermine confidence in the next President, Hilary Clinton, in any way they could. Trump was 100% going to lose no matter what they did, so what do they get for working WITH him except perhaps more risk of exposure?

That Trump actually won and now we are focused on getting Trump for collusion is a lucky break for the Ruskis. The political division, the extremism on display, and the fact that we are at war with ourselves is what they are always aiming at no matter who wins here.

Here's a good play for the Russians in a few months: Arrest a couple of "rogue hackers" and leak a loose connection to somebody in the Trump circle. More chaos. аплодировать! (Hooray!)
                        My gut tells me that this is the bigger goals of the ruskies.

Bear in mind, though, what don was saying played 100% into their hands. He doubted a lot of facts, going back many, many years. He publicly questions the election if he lost- and still does. He's done plenty to undermine our system. Heck, he's stated that he has no intention to fill vacancies, with the goal of breaking things.

So the question- was that a co-incidence, or did he come into this knowing that putin would help this effort out quite a bit?

BTW, it was leaked pretty quickly that something amiss was up. It's not as if rumors were not going on for a long time. Not to say that something impeachable happened, but something did. don could easily be the moron that many think he is, or he could have worked with them. Or something in-between.

Still, the more surprising thing to me is- even if nothing illegal happened in the phone calls, the fact that they even happened should bug people. Why in the world should we be cozying up to a country who clearly doesn't have our country's best interests in their minds??? Make excuses all you want- I DON'T want to be friends with russia- they have NOTHING to offer us. Nothing at all. No economy to sell stuff in, no resources that we can't get someplace else, no scruples for their neighbors or innocent people in the middle east. I don't see one benefit to getting close to them what so ever. Other than preventing a rain fall of nuclear devices- and we lived with the Soviet Union for the better part of half a decade with the only thing common was hate and fear.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          To be fair, this is about the kind of train wreck most expected. Some of the scenarios were worse
                          I really thought the weight of the job would temper the man, humble him in some manner or another, so that he'd at least come off as sane and somewhat serious. I was very, very wrong.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Well, this is marching down the wrong road. All solutions in America must be political solutions.

That a large percentage of people don't like the current solutions at any given time is basically what makes it work out over time.
                            Well, it's unfortunately true. One party spent years obstructing any progress and was rewarded for it. Now that party has rigged the system to where they can't lose and has brainwashed its supporters into believing nearly anything they say. It can be fixed but it'd take the party in power essentially committing harikari.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              So I hear (and read) that Trump said that if he can't get China on board to do something about North Korea, he will unilaterally take action.
                              He is going to start a World War because he lost the Health Care battle and Congress is investigating him for being a Russian Mark...great. Thanks Republicans you can all burn.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Well, it's unfortunately true. One party spent years obstructing any progress and was rewarded for it. Now that party has rigged the system to where they can't lose and has brainwashed its supporters into believing nearly anything they say. It can be fixed but it'd take the party in power essentially committing harikari.
                                I think this is what people don't really understand. The GOP successfully blocked almost everything Obama did. Especially for the last 6 years. The first cycle all he got through of importance was the economy saving stimulus, and the Health Care bill. I suppose you could throw in the Consumer Protection Bureau/Dodd Frank as well. Not much for two terms.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X