Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Lord Of War, despite Nic Cage, is a great movie that covers this type of stuff. And yes, the movie is based on real arms dealers and their workings, although the movie itself is complete fiction.
    Mother of Brady 1.0 is also in the movie.

lubba wubba dub dub

Re: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    This is true, he promised both. Including to bomb the S out of ISIS. My conservative colleague had abandoned Trump. It started when he threatened to primary house conservatives, and now this. Yet he's certainly not gaining support anywhere. I'm curious how low he will be able to drive his popularity before whatever form the imminent Armageddon takes.
    It's also interesting to me that we're apparently at war with both sides of a civil war simultaneously. That has to be great for arms dealers $$$$
    The Syrian Civil War actually has three factions. There's the Pro-Assad group, the ISIS group, and those rebelling against Assad's tyranny.

That said, beyond policing-but-not-policing-the-world, there's no real reason for us to be involved.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    and those rebelling against Assad's tyranny
    which breaks into a dozen or more major factions and countless smaller ones.

But this was always great.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Inspired by Actual Events
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Trump's in a lose-lose situation.
    That's not something new. He's been willfully wallowing in loserhood since he turned 18.

Just finished 4 1/2 hours at the Lincoln Museum in Springfield. Was a little embarrassed at times to tear up in response to some of the information and exhibits. The divisions in the country are hard to contemplate, even now. 1.3 million deaths in 5 years, including his own.

And I will head over to my hotel, where I will turn on the television to hear more of what our fu ckwad child leader tweeted last night.
    Last edited by burd; 04-07-2017 at 02:34 PM.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

The Syrian Civil War actually has three factions. There's the Pro-Assad group, the ISIS group, and those rebelling against Assad's tyranny.

That said, beyond policing-but-not-policing-the-world, there's no real reason for us to be involved.
    And the sad thing is, everyone knows Assad is a bad man, except I guess for Trump, but then he had to go ahead and gas the babies, "innocent babies, babies, little babies, with a chemical gas that is so lethal – people were shocked to hear what gas it was. That crosses many, many lines, beyond a red line, many, many lines.”
    before Trump could tear himself away from Twitter long enough to maybe decide this guy isn't such a great guy after all.

I mean, if that's what it takes to have some kind of cognitive function occur in that spray-tanned brain of his. Now if only he could make the connection that it's his little buddy Putin pulling the strings in Syria.......................
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

LOL Reuters reporting Syria just launched an air strike from the base we bombed. That's some top notch result getting.

rock and roller

Also, other than Trumpy seeing some pictures of dead babies on Fox and getting the sadz, and impulsively tossing off a few dozen missiles at $1 million a pop, there's his talk about how he "isn't going to talk about what his military plans are, not gonna let his enemies know what his response will be"

And yet, reports are before the attack, he told the Russians it was coming, who in turn alerted the Syrians, so all important equipment was spirited out of harm's way, and all the missiles hit were a few small outbuildings around the base. Not the major communications hubs, and not the airstrip itself. So what was accomplished? What objective did this strike achieve. Other than swinging his dik around and blowing some sh%t up? $60 million wasted for what purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Also, other than Trumpy seeing some pictures of dead babies on Fox and getting the sadz, and impulsively tossing off a few dozen missiles at $1 million a pop, there's his talk about how he "isn't going to talk about what his military plans are, not gonna let his enemies know what his response will be"

And yet, reports are before the attack, he told the Russians it was coming, who in turn alerted the Syrians, so all important equipment was spirited out of harm's way, and all the missiles hit were a few small outbuildings around the base. Not the major communications hubs, and not the airstrip itself. So what was accomplished? What objective did this strike achieve. Other than swinging his dik around and blowing some sh%t up? $60 million wasted for what purpose?
    Although that is all true, I for one want Trump to tell the Russians and the Chinese every time he's going to do some f-ckwit thing. For the next four years we have one job.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

rock and roller

In other news, a Kentucky coal mining museum is switching over to solar power.

But what about all those coal-mining jobs that are coming back?

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Although that is all true, I for one want Trump to tell the Russians and the Chinese every time he's going to do some f-ckwit thing. For the next four years we have one job.
    There is that. An even better method would be to quit doing fukwit things.

There is that. An even better method would be to quit doing fukwit things.
    You hafta dance with the girl what brung ya.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

lubba wubba dub dub

And the sad thing is, everyone knows Assad is a bad man, except I guess for Trump, but then he had to go ahead and gas the babies, "innocent babies, babies, little babies, with a chemical gas that is so lethal – people were shocked to hear what gas it was. That crosses many, many lines, beyond a red line, many, many lines.”
    before Trump could tear himself away from Twitter long enough to maybe decide this guy isn't such a great guy after all.

I mean, if that's what it takes to have some kind of cognitive function occur in that spray-tanned brain of his. Now if only he could make the connection that it's his little buddy Putin pulling the strings in Syria.......................
    Actually, using Saran gas might have even given the Russians pause to reconsider their alliance with Assad. It's a banned substance under international treaty. The question is whether or not Syria ever signed the treaty. If they did, like the Russians did, then we should just tell the Ruskies to get out of Syria for a few weeks while we systemically bomb each and every government owned building in the country that within Assad-occupied lands, including the official government residences.

Normally, had this happened in some part of the world where we've not already involved ourselves, I'd say we should take no action. However, we're more or less entrenched in that quagmire, so it's time to throw some punches.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    You hafta dance with the girl what brung ya.
    Think I'll just stay over here leaning against the wall.

Actually, using Saran gas might have even given the Russians pause to reconsider their alliance with Assad. It's a banned substance under international treaty. The question is whether or not Syria ever signed the treaty. If they did, like the Russians did, then we should just tell the Ruskies to get out of Syria for a few weeks while we systemically bomb each and every government owned building in the country that within Assad-occupied lands, including the official government residences.

Normally, had this happened in some part of the world where we've not already involved ourselves, I'd say we should take no action. However, we're more or less entrenched in that quagmire, so it's time to throw some punches.
    Assad has used nerve agents before, and Putin didn't flinch then. Why would he abandon Assad now?

Remember this? The death toll was even worse.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-07-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Assad has used nerve agents before, and Putin didn't flinch then. Why would he abandon Assad now?

Remember this? The death toll was even worse.
    I was unfamiliar with that. And there goes my hopes for Russian leadership at being anything resembling humane.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Just finished 4 1/2 hours at the Lincoln Museum in Springfield. Was a little embarrassed at times to tear up in response to some of the information and exhibits. The divisions in the country are hard to contemplate, even now. 1.3 million deaths in 5 years, including his own.

And I will head over to my hotel, where I will turn on the television to hear more of what our fu ckwad child RAPER (alleged) tweeted last night.
    FTFY!

BTW that museum is awesome.

So what is this CNN is saying about how Russia may be involved in the Sarin gas attack? So glad Putin and **** Prez are buddies!!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Raytheon's stock went through the roof...they make Tomahawks.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I was unfamiliar with that. And there goes my hopes for Russian leadership at being anything resembling humane.
    And Then There is This

"The Pentagon is looking for any evidence that the Russian government knew about or was complicit in the attack in Idlib province that killed at least 80 people and injured dozens more, a senior US defense official said."

"Russia earlier this week denied a chemical weapons attack took place in Syria. It said the deaths in Khan Sheikhoun were caused by a Syrian regime airstrike on a rebel-controlled chemical weapons factory on the ground."
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Putin is an autocratic sociopath. He cares about nothing but his own power and wealth, and will seriously fark with anyone who gets in the way of his designs to put the Eastern Bloc back together, and in charge of the oil reserves on that side of the globe.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Thread Information