Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Perspective.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      That is amazing and sad. You would think the Party of Fiscal Responsibility would be a little upset over this...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        That is amazing and sad. You would think the Party of Fiscal Responsibility would be a little upset over this...
        They're not upset about spending taxpayer money. They're upset about how much of that money comes from the 1%. Big difference.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          They're not upset about spending taxpayer money. They're upset about how much of that money comes from the 1%. Big difference.
          But what about all our Righty friends around here...I mean I know some of them are changing their shorts because we defunded Planned Parenthood but still! I remember all the snark about Obama's golfing...Trump is golfing more in his first 100 days than Obama did over the course of YEARS! Where are they all now?
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            But what about all our Righty friends around here...I mean I know some of them are changing their shorts because we defunded Planned Parenthood but still! I remember all the snark about Obama's golfing...Trump is golfing more in his first 100 days than Obama did over the course of YEARS! Where are they all now?
            We all understand they are massive hypocates.

It's bad when Obama almost kind of does something, it's ok when don does it multiple times.

Just like it was bad when Hillary *might* have exposed secrets, but is ok when don has a secure meeting in public.

Duh.

Party of no, party of hypocrites.

Comment

The level of hypocrisy displayed by the current administration and by the republicans in congress has reached heights even my pessimistic mind could not have envisioned last fall. I know the hypocrisy has always been present but for the right to remain silent or to invent the false equivalencies they have invented when it comes to the current president is both revolting and sad. To me trump is almost not even the real issue. It is the climate that led to his election, and the climate that allows the people who could be a real check on his destructive actions and deranged ideas to look the other way. There have always been evil or incredibly stupid people who have managed to find the levers of power. But it is only when they are not challenged at all by better, smarter people that their evil deeds can take root. The people letting trump get away with all of what he will do should burn in hell for eternity. That is still a fate to fair for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                I agree. No way the reaction would have been different. GOP will claim that anyone would have shifted the makeup of the court 5-4 in the other direction. So that couldn't happen under their watch and they were going to make sure of it since they were pretty sure they were about to win the white house.
                The point wasn't to influence how the GOP reacted. Of course they were going to block whoever Obama put up. The theory is that if Obama had found a transgender minority feminist working class vegan Millenial to nominate, it may have goosed Dem turnout a little
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  The point wasn't to influence how the GOP reacted. Of course they were going to block whoever Obama put up. The theory is that if Obama had found a transgender minority feminist working class vegan Millenial to nominate, it may have goosed Dem turnout a little
                  And it would have motivated the other side as well. It isnt like MORE of them voted than before but you put up someone like that and every Redneck who can sign an X will find a way to vote.

As for the Grand Ole Hypocrites (GOH in my mind from now on) here is hoping the nutters that love them all primary their asses like they did Eric Cantor. They sold themselves out to fellate Trump except on Health Care...and that is only cause he didnt want to just take health care away from brown/black/poor people so the Whites were better off. Time for the freaks to realize that the Rich Whitey's they support truly hate them...and they arent even hiding it anymore.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Black? Female? IMPEACH!

White male? POTUS needs his vacation time.

We know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Black? Female? IMPEACH!

White male? POTUS needs his vacation time.

We know how it goes.
                      What if it was a Black Female Republican?
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I posted this before. Read it again, learn it. It's the Republican creed in a nutshell, for every issue, and every Democrat.

http://www.eschatonblog.com/2017/03/...#disqus_thread

While I've long laughed at conservatives for not understanding liberals, despite the fact that ****ing off liberals is pretty much their #1 motivation, lately I've started to roll my eyes at liberals not understanding conservatives.

Conservatives never cared about "Wall Street" working in the White House. They cared about "Wall Street" working for Obama. Conservatives never cared about presidents playing golf, they cared about Obama playing golf. Hell, conservatives wouldn't even care if Donald Trump was born in Kenya. They just don't think black people are actually American.

There's some point to raising these kinds of double standard issues with the media. As in, why did you focus on Obama's golf playing and not Trump's (if that is indeed a valid criticism). But thinking you're going to needle Trump fans with this stuff is silly. They don't care.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

And he wrote this recently, which is just as apropos.

For confused reporters, I'll explain it very simply: Trump voters don't care about most of the issues Trump claimed to care about in the campaign. They were just applause lines. If Fox and Breitbart had spent 3 months going on about the "Zipperhead Protocol" they'd have screamed in delight every time Trump mentioned it, without caring what it meant. A lot in America is ****ed up and bull****, so Trump supporters have legitimate economic grievances like the rest of us, but they don't really see politics as a way to solve that. They see politics as a reality show in which their guy is winning and stomping on the face of the losing team, a team which includes blah people. Keep the racism going, keep ****ing off the loser liberals, keep sticking it to the blah people. That's what will keep them happy. It was never about the ex-im bank or Chinese currency manipulation or whatever the hell, it was about kicking the **** out of loser liberals. Go Team Trump!
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            I posted this before. Read it again, learn it. It's the Republican creed in a nutshell, for every issue, and every Democrat.

http://www.eschatonblog.com/2017/03/...#disqus_thread
                            Thanks, I'm officially borrowing "Merde-a-lago" from the comments.

But ultimately, this boils down to the standard conservative creed - "white lives good, black lives bad unless they're Republicans".

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Thanks, I'm officially borrowing "Merde-a-lago" from the comments.

But ultimately, this boils down to the standard conservative creed - "white lives good, black lives bad unless they're Republicans".
                              I think you can take that a step further. "Poor and lower middle class lives bad, black white or brown, but their votes are very very good."

Comment

The Sore Winner is at it again.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I did what was an almost an impossible thing to do for a Republican-easily won the Electoral College! Now Tax Returns are brought up again?
                                Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Someone should look into who paid for the small organized rallies yesterday. The election is over!
                                So happy for the people that voted for him. So happy.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X