No announcement yet.

West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
    Pretty poor sportsmanship not to mention a waste of money to leave the building after the first game. The way I see it an NCAA tournament game is an NCAA tournament game regardless of who the teams are, and the cost of that ticket covered admission to three games. The people who left are not real hockey fans, they're just fans of UND hockey. The sport is so much bigger than any one team. Shame on those fans.
    think if there was a beer or two available inside for those adult fans to enjoy you'd see some peeps still in seats. most are probably within walking distance now having a drink and watching on tv while bs'ing.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Embassassing that the best hockey on national TV has no one in the stadium. AMSOIL would have been a far better choice.

I'm a Tech Fan. Watching the best play on TV and trying to figure out why NCAA would go to Fargo.
      Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        I agree, it annoyed me when Tech fans left after we lost in 2015 and didn't come back the next day, although I do somewhat understand that as they all sold their tickets to UND fans and made some money.
        I was at the Joe for finals and Ohio state wasn't in it but being a fan I wanted to see some good hockey and I was wearing my OSU jersey.
        I received a few snide remarks from various Michigan fans and had to go nuclear on them reminding them their football team couldn't beat my grandmother let alone Ohio State!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          And what the heck was the conclusive indisputable evidence to take away Ohio State's goal?
          Bad call. Unless there's an angle they didn't show us. I don't think there was though. Not being able to see a puck is not indisputable evidence.

Comment

Thinking I'm not impressed with the officiating.
            Not disputing the hooking call against us at end of the 2nd but why no call on the equalizer for Duluth slashing our guy after the hook?

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
              Embassassing that the best hockey on national TV has no one in the stadium. AMSOIL would have been a far better choice.

I'm a Tech Fan. Watching the best play on TV and trying to figure out why NCAA would go to Fargo.
              Duluth didn't even sell out their ticket allotment. NCAA went with Fargo because it was a guaranteed money maker...same as 2015. Also, AMSOIL is not even an option.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Embassassing that the best hockey on national TV has no one in the stadium.
                Did you by any chance see the B1G playoff in the Joe? It was a ghost town in there!
                Lower bowl seating was like 44 bucks or so for in pregame sales. I was there the afternoon of the title game watching the Red Wings play and they decided to try and sell the tickets for the B1G Championship game for 5 bucks each to try and fill it some so it wouldn't look so empty and embarrassing that evening.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  Name a better traveling fan base in college hockey.
                  Or name one not named Duluth or Ohio State who would travel to a Duluth - Ohio State game.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                    I guess that is a case in point as to how so many fans are way too involved with just their favorite team to the point where they can't see the bigger picture that NCAA hockey across the board is a wonderfully entertaining product.
                    I live near the Manchester arena and go to the NE Regional every other year when it goes there, regardless of the teams there. I agree that the sport of college hockey is great overall. When you can have a decade-dominant team like BC not even make it this year, that makes it interesting.
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

All the rationalization by UND fans does not change the fact that on TV, this game looks like a weekend practice at a local rink.
                      Go Huskies!

Comment

All the rationalization by UND fans does not change the fact that on TV, this game looks like a weekend practice at a local rink.
                        It looks like the Big Ten Hockey Tournament. Or the WCHA Final Five after all the good teams left.

Of course, as mentioned earlier, it doesn't help that Duluth, the #1 seed, within driving distance, couldn't even sell out its ticket allotment...not to mention Ohio State failing to sell its allotment.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          Of course, as mentioned earlier, it doesn't help that Duluth, the #1 seed, within driving distance, couldn't even sell out its ticket allotment...not to mention Ohio State failing to sell its allotment.
                          I'm a season ticket holder and I received no info that we had an allotment. We had a number available for family of the team but OSU doesn't make any unused ones available to it's fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            I'm a season ticket holder and I received no info that we had an allotment. We had a number available for family of the team but OSU doesn't make any unused ones available to it's fans.
                            That's absolutely ridiculous.
                            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              not to mention Ohio State failing to sell its allotment.
                              I'm not sure OSU's athletic director even realizes they have a hockey team.
                              ---
                              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                              19 Conference Championships
                              10 Conference Tournament Championships
                              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Getting down to the wire and it's anybody's game!

Comment

Working...
                                X