No announcement yet.

West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

And what the heck was the conclusive indisputable evidence to take away Ohio State's goal?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      And what the heck was the conclusive indisputable evidence to take away Ohio State's goal?
      The puck never went in the net. It went up over the goalie's shoulder but never crossed behind the line. You could tell from the overhead shot when you never saw the puck in the top netting (which was clearly visible). The side view showed that the puck was always in front of the line (remember, it went over the goalie's shoulder but he was considerably in front of the goal line). From the front you couldn't see the "depth" so it looked as though it had gone in.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        The puck never went in the net. It went up over the goalie's shoulder but never crossed behind the line. You could tell from the overhead shot when you never saw the puck in the top netting (which was clearly visible). The side view showed that the puck was always in front of the line (remember, it went over the goalie's shoulder but he was considerably in front of the goal line). From the front you couldn't see the "depth" so it looked as though it had gone in.
        Sorry but I disagree. If it was so evident why such a long review? BTW no need to answer, it's a rhetorical question and we simply saw it differently.
        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-24-2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Sorry but I disagree. If it was so evident why such a long review?
          OK. Do we really want to get into this now? I was a referee for 17 years. A referee's entire life consists of people questioning every call. Imagine if there were someone looking over your shoulder at work (I don't know what you do) and pouncing on you every time you make a mistake. Obviously the officials are going to make SURE of the call, because if they are hasty and are wrong, they will get VILLIFIED because now they were wrong TWICE. Then they will get sanctioned and probably demoted by the "evaluators" and commissioners who assign the games. After a while, you become hesitant to make ANY call and you figure, "heck, I'll just make the safe call and let them review it." Do they stop the game and show fifteen replays every time a player fans on a shot, or if the goalie lets one through his pads? No. Why is "human error" OK for everyone else and not for officials? THAT'S why it takes so long.

Comment

Sorry but I disagree. If it was so evident why such a long review?
            Must be Hockey East refs. They're really good at missing obvious goals after long, extended reviews.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              Must be Hockey East refs. They're really good at missing obvious goals after long, extended reviews.
              Looks like I have one in my corner.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                So where exactly did the puck go in?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Yeah but they're the best traveling fans evah!!
                  Name a better traveling fan base in college hockey.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    Name a better traveling fan base in college hockey.
                    Haha priceless.

Comment

Pretty poor sportsmanship not to mention a waste of money to leave the building after the first game. The way I see it an NCAA tournament game is an NCAA tournament game regardless of who the teams are, and the cost of that ticket covered admission to three games. The people who left are not real hockey fans, they're just fans of UND hockey. The sport is so much bigger than any one team. Shame on those fans.
                      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                        The sport is so much bigger than any one team. Shame on those fans.
                        I'm not so sure I agree; otherwise the NCAA tourney sites would draw better than they do for attendance.
                        Chris V
                        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          In theory. I can't forget the superhuman effort of PSU in back to back double overtime wins. But BU did look gassed.

I think many Gopher fans are conflicted. Many of us are B1G fans. But UMD is in the U of Minnesota system. I would probably root for OSU over just about any team without the word Minnesota in its name.
                          I'll always always always cheer for any Big Ten team vs. any NCHC team.
                          National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                          National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                            Pretty poor sportsmanship not to mention a waste of money to leave the building after the first game. The way I see it an NCAA tournament game is an NCAA tournament game regardless of who the teams are, and the cost of that ticket covered admission to three games. The people who left are not real hockey fans, they're just fans of UND hockey. The sport is so much bigger than any one team. Shame on those fans.
                            I agree, it annoyed me when Tech fans left after we lost in 2015 and didn't come back the next day, although I do somewhat understand that as they all sold their tickets to UND fans and made some money.
                            2005-2006: 7-25-6
                            2006-2007: 18-17-5
                            2007-2008: 14-20-5
                            2008-2009: 6-25-7
                            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                              I'm not so sure I agree; otherwise the NCAA tourney sites would draw better than they do for attendance.
                              I guess that is a case in point as to how so many fans are way too involved with just their favorite team to the point where they can't see the bigger picture that NCAA hockey across the board is a wonderfully entertaining product.

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                                Speed Kills is just getting a jab in at North Dakota. S/He is a troll. Nothing more, nothing less.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X