No announcement yet.

West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

OSU can really bring it under circumstances. But if you haven't seen UMD yet, they are quite the awesomeness.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Watching UMD v OSU on ESPNU. The place is empty. Almost totally empty. Playing a regional in North Dakota appears to be a loser, unless your catering to
      UND.
      Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
        Watching UMD v OSU on ESPNU. The place is empty. Almost totally empty. Playing a regional in North Dakota appears to be a loser, unless your catering to
        UND.
        I think it would have been totally different if NoDak had won. No better feeling than winning the first game of a tournament and being able to relax and enjoy the second game. Conversely, losing the first game of a tournament makes one want to hit the parking lot ASAP.
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

UND.
          Yeah but they're the best traveling fans evah!!

Comment

Classic example of a goalie "stealing" a game for his team by making an extraordinary number of saves, while his teammates were busy being outplayed, followed by an opportunistic overtime goal by the badly outplayed team.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

UND.
              Had North Dakota won, the place would have been packed. Certainly you have to understand that most North Dakota fans were pretty upset after the heartbreaker. I wouldn't be surprised if attendance was better (but not packed) tomorrow after North Dakota fans have a little time to let the season sink in.

Of course, if you ask the NCAA, they will tell you that the Fargo Regionals have been a resounding success.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Yeah but they're the best traveling fans evah!!
                If you define "best" by absolute number, I don't really think that can be debated at this point. If there is a quality component to it, then it gets a little hairy.
                North Dakota

Comment

I never got an answer as to why our game was the first game as usually the 1/4 game is the early one. After that game, I'm glad it turned out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I never got an answer as to why our game was the first game as usually the 1/4 game is the early one. After that game, I'm glad it turned out that way.
                    1/4 is the late game in the NE regional tomorrow as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      Had North Dakota won, the place would have been packed. Certainly you have to understand that most North Dakota fans were pretty upset after the heartbreaker. I wouldn't be surprised if attendance was better (but not packed) tomorrow after North Dakota fans have a little time to let the season sink in.

Of course, if you ask the NCAA, they will tell you that the Fargo Regionals have been a resounding success.
                      Had North Dakota won the place still would have been empty, the North Dakota fans would have been celebrating in whatever place Fargo has for nightlife.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

It depends how you define "success." Did you have to buy a 2-day package? Because if so, then all the tickets are sold and they couldn't care less who goes. If it is separate admission, then there shouldn't be very many fans there tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          Had North Dakota won the place still would have been empty, the North Dakota fans would have been celebrating in whatever place Fargo has for nightlife.
                          Unfortunately, we'll never know. Given what happened last weekend, I think a lot of North Dakota fans would have stayed to cheer on Ohio State.
                          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            That would be the Olive Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              It depends how you define "success." Did you have to buy a 2-day package? Because if so, then all the tickets are sold and they couldn't care less who goes. If it is separate admission, then there shouldn't be very many fans there tomorrow.
                              I believe they had to buy a 2-day package...at least when I got the offer earlier this year, it was to buy the 2-day package and there was no other option.
                              North Dakota

Comment

I believe they had to buy a 2-day package...at least when I got the offer earlier this year, it was to buy the 2-day package and there was no other option.
                                Then the only money they would be "losing" would be from concessions.

Comment

Working...
                                X