No announcement yet.

West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    When the UNDies chose to become the Fighting Hawks (Blackhawks was too obvious), there was an article published by some news outlet or another that talked to an "expert" on these name changes. These schools having to change their names are finding that birds are the least offensive animals that can still come off as being aggressive.
    Hawks are one of the most aggressive animals on the planet. I will never forget the one in my backyard taking out a pigeon...feathers went flying everywhere! Still, I would have loved to see UND become the Fighting Flickertails.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

When the UNDies chose to become the Fighting Hawks (Blackhawks was too obvious), there was an article published by some news outlet or another that talked to an "expert" on these name changes. These schools having to change their names are finding that birds are the least offensive animals that can still come off as being aggressive.
      Interesting.

It's also true that hawks are a prominent part of the prairie landscape.

Comment

I believe nothing so elaborate as this...some clever people at UND figured HAWKS was a great abbreviation for How About We Keep Sioux 🤔

Comment

Sioux up 1-0 after 1. They controlled most the play the first 20.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

1-1 after 2. Sioux 0-4 on the powerplay.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

BU goes up 3-1 halfway through the third.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldchfan View Post
                I believe nothing so elaborate as this...some clever people at UND figured HAWKS was a great abbreviation for How About We Keep Sioux ��
                That's great! Never saw that!

Comment

Sorry ND I have to root against you only because if Ohio State advances I don't want our guys playing to an arena full of your fans. We'd do best playing to an empty arena like we're used to! LOL!!

Comment

BU looks so tired & slow, I don't know how they've extended this game.
                    But that one shot of Boston's that was swatted out of the air & off the post must have made every North Dakota fan there pee themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      BU looks so tired & slow, I don't know how they've extended this game.
                      But that one shot of Boston's that was swatted out of the air & off the post must have made every North Dakota fan there pee themselves!
                      Full urine mode after them being the ones that looked tired.

Comment

That was a pretty epic game to open the tourney.

Comment

Captain Obvious here but tough game for anyone to lose, especially when you almost totally dominate the 3rd period and 1 1/2 overtimes.

Comment

Game of the year
                            https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

The winner of the next game could benefit from the OT's unless they go to OT as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                The winner of the next game could benefit from the OT's unless they go to OT as well.
                                In theory. I can't forget the superhuman effort of PSU in back to back double overtime wins. But BU did look gassed.

I think many Gopher fans are conflicted. Many of us are B1G fans. But UMD is in the U of Minnesota system. I would probably root for OSU over just about any team without the word Minnesota in its name.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X