No announcement yet.

West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    This may be a little off topic but when they show Dave Starman talking during the intermissions I swear the dude should get the hair from his eyebrows surgically transplanted to his head!
    he did away with the comb back and cut the top. give him a break
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Has there ever been a regional where all the games went into OT?

Fans certainly got their money's worth if they stuck them all out- 4 games of playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Has there ever been a regional where all the games went into OT?

Fans certainly got their money's worth if they stuck them all out- 4 games of playing time.
        It was fun to watch thats for sure. I am glad i came this is my 6th regional and 3rd involving ohio state. This one by far was the best time i have had.

Comment

This may be a little off topic but when they show Dave Starman talking during the intermissions I swear the dude should get the hair from his eyebrows surgically transplanted to his head!
          Jeez...what is it with you guys with the hair? You'll be old someday and will have to do the same thing...

Comment

I see 3 Ohio State fans still there at the MD/Boston game. That must mean 2 left and went home! LOL!
            I stayed it was a lot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Ref seemed pretty confident that he saw it go in... He was right there.
              must not have been so confident after reviewing it

Comment

2003 was last time all three games in a regional went to OT
                "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Jeez...what is it with you guys with the hair? You'll be old someday and will have to do the same thing...
                  I don't know about that, some of us are fortunate enough to elude the baldness gene. I'm 46 and can still pull off the rock star look. Old enough now to feel almost safely out of the woods, pretty sure if I was going to start losing hair at some point in my life it would have started happening by now.
                  National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                  National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                    It was fun to watch thats for sure. I am glad i came this is my 6th regional and 3rd involving ohio state. This one by far was the best time i have had.

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend in Fargo but I really wish your team would have won. They were way better than the Bulldogs at every position but goaltender, and unfortunately that one position was the deciding factor in who ended up winning.
                    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                    National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                      I don't know about that, some of us are fortunate enough to elude the baldness gene. I'm 46 and can still pull off the rock star look. Old enough now to feel almost safely out of the woods, pretty sure if I was going to start losing hair at some point in my life it would have started happening by now.
                      Ha ha...think again, Speedy. I'm 62 and didn't really start until about 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                        I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend in Fargo but I really wish your team would have won. They were way better than the Bulldogs at every position but goaltender, and unfortunately that one position was the deciding factor in who ended up winning.
                        If you look at the totality of the game, you would realize how wrong you are. Duluth outplayed OSU for the better part of two periods
                        "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Ha ha...think again, Speedy. I'm 62 and didn't really start until about 5 years ago.
                          YIKES!!!

I guess I better try to stay humble about that for a few more years.

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                            If you look at the totality of the game, you would realize how wrong you are. Duluth outplayed OSU for the better part of two periods
                            You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I'm going to agree to disagree with you. While Duluth very much held their own for the first two periods, at no point did they dominate the overall flow of play the way OSU did through the 3rd period and OT. The better team didn't win that game, the team with the better goalie did... which just goes to show how important that position is.

23 > 21

Comment

I'm old now!
                              I can remember when Eisenhower was president but I have all my hair and it hasn't gone grey!!

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                                You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I'm going to agree to disagree with you. While Duluth very much held their own for the first two periods, at no point did they dominate the overall flow of play the way OSU did through the 3rd period and OT. The better team didn't win that game, the team with the better goalie did... which just goes to show how important that position is.
                                All 3 our goalies are seniors. We have a transfer from Alaska who had to sit out this season who will probably be starting goalie next season so we won't be forced to start freshmen.

Comment

Working...
                                X