West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Region of Doom indeed. 3 of the 4 teams could come out of this place and it will be packed and loud with Hawk fans. I'm looking forward to being there in person and there will be some good hockey games.

Go.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Oh man, you said Hawk. Get ready for the heat. Also, 4 out of 4 teams could come out of Fargo considering nobody has been eliminated yet.

Comment

Looks to be the toughest regional. Somebody's going to have to work hard to earn it.
      Anybody know what conference is supplying the officiating?

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
        Oh man, you said Hawk. Get ready for the heat. Also, 4 out of 4 teams could come out of Fargo considering nobody has been eliminated yet.
        What's the obsession with Hawks anyway? Here are THREE college teams that changed their nicknames:
        Lehigh (from "Engineers" to "Mountain Hawks")
        North Dakota (from "Fighting Sioux" to "Fighting Hawks)
        UMass-Lowell (from "Chiefs" to "River Hawks)

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          What's the obsession with Hawks anyway? Here are THREE college teams that changed their nicknames:
          Off the top of my head you forgot Miami (from Redskins to RedHawks)

Sean
          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-23-2017, 10:29 PM.
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            Of the top of my head you forgot Miami (from Redskins to RedHawks)

Sean
            Miami caved to political correctness years before the mandate. Despite the NCAA's best efforts I think North Dakota will always be the Fighting Sioux to everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
              Try starting a "let's go hawks" chant at a UND game.

...UMD should win as long as they don't take a ton of stupid penalties and the great OSU PP doesn't get too many chances. OSU's defense and PK are not good and that will probably cost them the game.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                Try starting a "let's go hawks" chant at a UND game.

...UMD should win as long as they don't take a ton of stupid penalties and the great OSU PP doesn't get too many chances. OSU's defense and PK are not good and that will probably cost them the game.
                You never know with OSU. We do have the top PP in the nation and the top scorer in our conference.
                But we will be without our two top defensemen. One re-broke his thumb taking a shot to it in our last game and the other has to serve a two game suspension and I don't know if he even travelled with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  You never know with OSU but we will be without our two top defensemen. One re-broke his thumb taking a shot to it in our last game and the other has to serve a two game suspension and I don't know if he even travelled with the team.
                  forgot about that! The defense isn't good and they're without their two best defensivemen.

The UND-BU game is gonna be good, if BU gives up the first goal...and then another.. its over. They need to stop their trend of giving up the first goal otherwise they will likely lose. They have to take the crowd out of it otherwise it will spell trouble.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                    Of the top of my head you forgot Miami (from Redskins to RedHawks)

Sean

I actually didn't know that...I was just recalling the recent ones that I knew about. I didn't look it up...

Comment

Looks to be the toughest regional. Somebody's going to have to work hard to earn it.
                      My guess would be WCHA refs.

Comment

BU needs to stay out of the box to have ANY chance, regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          When the UNDies chose to become the Fighting Hawks (Blackhawks was too obvious), there was an article published by some news outlet or another that talked to an "expert" on these name changes. These schools having to change their names are finding that birds are the least offensive animals that can still come off as being aggressive.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            When the UNDies chose to become the Fighting Hawks (Blackhawks was too obvious), there was an article published by some news outlet or another that talked to an "expert" on these name changes. These schools having to change their names are finding that birds are the least offensive animals that can still come off as being aggressive.
                            What a bunch of PC crap!
                            That's the problem with modern education, truth is what they say it is, not what it really is.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Glad these "experts" are making a living. Maybe I could get a job like that. Jeez...

Comment

Working...
                              X