No announcement yet.

West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    I'm not sure OSU's athletic director even realizes they have a hockey team.
    I always saw him at the hockey games, that is when we played Notre Dame - his alma matter!

Comment

I certainly can understand the ND faithful not sticking around. I'm sure most planned on making a full day of it, but losing, in double OT no less, probably took the wind out of their sails. Can't fault that. They were on their feet for the better part of a 4.5 hour game and made for an electric atmosphere. I love being at games, but have at times struggled to go back to tournaments (in various sports) after my team lost. Guess it depends on the loss.

I have never really gotten into the attendance game, but small crowds can be seen in early rounds of the NCAA hoops tourneys, NCAA baseball tourney and of course bowl games. I know financially it can be tough for people to come up with funds on such short notice to make the trips, but sure there were many that would like to go.

I'm just enjoying the games and look forward to seeing how this Duluth - OSU game goes (2-2 late third as I type). Fans there or not, I am loving the games and can't wait for tomorrow. Best of luck to all those that have teams still playing!

Go Devils!

Comment

Duluth sleepwalking

Comment

Ohio State going on the PP with a chance to win it now... WOW what a turn around.

Comment

WOW! OSU PP with a minute to go.
            OSU got sloppy allowing Duluth to pressure them so no game ending goal. Still nearly a minute of PP left going into OT and I like to think we're due for that PP goal that worked so well for us all season!

Comment

I just got home from a class and I see there are dozens left to see a good game in Fargo.
              Clarkson Golden Knights Men
              10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
              5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
              21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
              ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
              ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
              7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
              National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                All the rationalization by UND fans does not change the fact that on TV, this game looks like a weekend practice at a local rink.
                OK. So, first of all, the original comment I made about nobody being there was not meant to disparage the fans of any team.

1. But I think this is why some of us were wondering why you would have the game with the "home" team first. Put that game second and many of them would be there for both games and it would be filled right now.

2. Be honest. You can't compare this to regional sties in the East that are within driving distance of thirty teams. Of course you will have more fans for each game because most schools will bring "some" fans. Let's face it, the only school who brought fans (and the only school whose fans realistically didn't didn't have to fly) bought 99% of the tickets. The comment wasn't meant to question why the ND fans didn't stay...it was just a comment pointing out that there are practically NO fans of three of the teams there. Another reason why going back to campus sites should be seriously considered, at least in the West where it's difficult to easily travel to where your team is playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  I'm a season ticket holder and I received no info that we had an allotment. We had a number available for family of the team but OSU doesn't make any unused ones available to it's fans.
                  That’s absolutely horrible and lame on the part of OSU, makes me mad as a fan. Every team gets a section, corner, or whatever or more of tickets for their fans.

In terms of information, within minutes of Lowell’s bracket being set, the school had their usual “tournament central” page up full of fan information from tickets to pregame party. You can see it HERE and it’s constantly updated throughout the week. Email went out to season ticket holders too during selection show and by late Sunday afternoon, Lowell’s allotment was sold out and the school had to get more tickets on Monday. The student deal for $40 including a ticket for all weekend and round trip bus transportation also sold out in a few hours. All of this is standard for Lowell, whether it’s the league tournament or NCAAs, since 2012 season. They keep their fans informed and everyone always knows what’s going on. Feel free to pass this on to whoever at OSU so they can see how to do it right.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Region of Death, indeed. Another OT

Comment

I apologize, I went back and checked my email and found one from OSU that there were tickets available for us. Received it on the 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        OK. So, first of all, the original comment I made about nobody being there was not meant to disparage the fans of any team.

1. But I think this is why some of us were wondering why you would have the game with the "home" team first. Put that game second and many of them would be there for both games and it would be filled right now.

2. Be honest. You can't compare this to regional sties in the East that are within driving distance of thirty teams. Of course you will have more fans for each game because most schools will bring "some" fans. Let's face it, the only school who brought fans (and the only school whose fans realistically didn't didn't have to fly) bought 99% of the tickets. The comment wasn't meant to question why the ND fans didn't stay...it was just a comment pointing out that there are practically NO fans of three of the teams there. Another reason why going back to campus sites should be seriously considered, at least in the West where it's difficult to easily travel to where your team is playing.
                        Regardless of the "home team", I would have thought that the #1 seed would have wanted the earlier game and not the quick turnaround.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                          Region of Death, indeed. Another OT
                          I don't know about "Region of Death". It's more like a region of 4 equally weak teams.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

Miska is in a coma. Wow
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

This is crazy. OSU could've just won this twice except for a desperation sprawling stick save and a hit post.
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                                This is crazy. OSU could've just won this twice except for a desperation sprawling stick save and a hit post.
                                OSU dominating
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X