Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Is it still illegal to drink booze in New Hampshire while standing?
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
      Only outside. Other than that tolerance is your limit.

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
        Never mind. It is still illegal, unless at the actual bar. Careful out there, people.
        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Getting there was a CF without the race and the Expo thing. Zero traffic control off the exit last time. Hopefully they pull their cranium out of their nether regions this time!
          Take the Queen City Ave exit. Exit and on ramps are not intuitive, involve a little surface street travel. Google map directions from the Comfort Inn to the SNHU-rena, crossing the Queen City Bridge, left on Elm. Pony up the private lot parking $$$ before you reach the arena. Reverse egress.

Ssshhh.
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            Are we really arguing about who is going to get revenge on UMD when whoever comes out of this region will, more than likely, have to play Denver in the Frozen Four first? LOL!
            Season's over.

Comment

Are we really arguing about who is going to get revenge on UMD when whoever comes out of this region will, more than likely, have to play Denver in the Frozen Four first? LOL!
              Who?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                Take the Queen City Ave exit. Exit and on ramps are not intuitive, involve a little surface street travel. Google map directions from the Comfort Inn to the SNHU-rena, crossing the Queen City Bridge, left on Elm. Pony up the private lot parking $$$ before you reach the arena. Reverse egress.

Ssshhh.
                Yes, this would be exit 4. Was my plan also to avoid any exit 5 issues.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post

Ssshhh.
                  I think that is what I got stuck on last time but Thanks! WIll try it.

Comment

I think that is what I got stuck on last time but Thanks! WIll try it.
                    If you got stuck the last time at the exit that at the bottom of the off ramp, you take a right on to Granite Street and straight up the hill, through a few lights, you find the garage on the left and arena up on the right, that's not this exit. That would be exit 5. Exit 4 is a bit more indirect off the highway but then you loop back across the river and then come down Elm Street, passing the ballpark on your left, Murphy's on your left, and arena just a bit further on your right. My hope is the exit 4 will be ok early on with most marathon folks being further north in downtown,

UML has added to their tournament page, noting "The SNHU Box Office advises that parking will be at a premium. Early arrival is strongly encouraged" along with the information they've had posted all week about parking and traffic possibly being an issue. I plan to be up there by 8:00am in any event to park, get breakfast, and then wait for pregame at 10am. I'm hopeful fans have been spreading the word about this. UML has been pushing it on Facebook and other places but my guess is there will still be many who just assume they can waltz right in but will be unfortunately delayed.

Sunday will be even more of a cluster given that Manchester stupidly has a St. Patrick's Day parade starting at noon, not realizing they're a week late. But one step at a time.
                    Last edited by riverchief1; 03-24-2017, 03:15 PM.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Lowell has their hands full with Cornell.
                      I will be AMAZED if ND beats Minny. If the Minnesota team I saw at Conte in November shows up, they will skate circles around ND's D.
                      I see Minnesota advancing to Chicago, regardless of opponent.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        I will be AMAZED if ND beats Minny. If the Minnesota team I saw at Conte in November shows up, they will skate circles around ND's D.
                        Yeah, in no way, shape, or form will this be easy. Lowell had to go to OT to beat Yale last year, had to tough it out against Minnesota State 2-1 in 2015, and needed OT to beat Miami in 2012. With the exception of wiping the floor with Wisconsin 6-1 in 2013, three of Lowell's most recent four NCAA opening round games haven't been cakewalks.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          I wish I had your optimism. Not that I don't think Minnesota can't beat Notre Dame but I don't see them being able to "skate circles around" them.

I sure hope you're right, though.
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                            If you got stuck the last time at the exit that at the bottom of the off ramp, you take a right on to Granite Street and straight up the hill, through a few lights, you find the garage on the left and arena up on the right, that's not this exit. That would be exit 5. Exit 4 is a bit more indirect off the highway but then you loop back across the river and then come down Elm Street, passing the ballpark on your left, Murphy's on your left, and arena just a bit further on your right. My hope is the exit 4 will be ok early on with most marathon folks being further north in downtown,

UML has added to their tournament page, noting "The SNHU Box Office advises that parking will be at a premium. Early arrival is strongly encouraged" along with the information they've had posted all week about parking and traffic possibly being an issue. I plan to be up there by 8:00am in any event to park, get breakfast, and then wait for pregame at 10am. I'm hopeful fans have been spreading the word about this. UML has been pushing it on Facebook and other places but my guess is there will still be many who just assume they can waltz right in but will be unfortunately delayed.

Sunday will be even more of a cluster given that Manchester stupidly has a St. Patrick's Day parade starting at noon, not realizing they're a week late. But one step at a time.
                            Thanks. Lil has a time trial so we will probably miss most of the game
                            I wish I had your optimism. Not that I don't think Minnesota can't beat Notre Dame but I don't see them being able to "skate circles around" them.

The ND we saw did not impress.

Comment

Fake Hockey East shouldn't be an issue for Minnesota. Lowell dominated them and they looked like they were skating in quicksand. Looked like they gave up midway through the game. Kept Bjork in check the entire game, wasn't a factor at all.
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Thanks. Lil has a time trial so we will probably miss most of the game
                                The ND we saw did not impress.
                                That's too bad. Good luck at trials.

Nice article in paper today too!
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X