Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

In for the arrow.

Comment

Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

I've got UML beating Cornell. Logic and my heart say MN over ND, but ND has something to prove after an embarrassing 1st period vs. UML in their last game and they want a UML rematch. Coupled with the Gophers miserable no show performance vs. UMD 2 years ago in the Manch regionals, I predict the ND upset win. Hope I am wrong. UML over ND in the final.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Are we really arguing about who is going to get revenge on UMD when whoever comes out of this region will, more than likely, have to play Denver in the Frozen Four first? LOL!
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          Are we really arguing about who is going to get revenge on UMD when whoever comes out of this region will, more than likely, have to play Denver in the Frozen Four first? LOL!
          That struck me as being rather odd also.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The #2 and #3 goalies in the nation will be battling in the Tech - Denver game. Denver is the clear favorite, but if Redmond for Tech has a stellar performance in net anything can happen in a one and done.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
              The #2 and #3 goalies in the nation will be battling in the Tech - Denver game. Denver is the clear favorite, but if Redmond for Tech has a stellar performance in net anything can happen in a one and done.
              Over under, number of attendees to the midwest regional, or 10x the number of posters on USCHO who primarily support those teams.

I think I am taking the USCHO posters
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                As evidenced by this NY Times article:

"As evidence, four of the past six N.C.A.A. champions were first-time winners. Only half of the 16-team field of last year’s N.C.A.A. tournament returned for this year’s tournament, and no conference tournament champion repeated in 2017. More than half of all Division I teams (34) have reached the N.C.A.A. tournament in the last five years."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/s...ege-teams.html
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  The correct statement is "What the heck is a River Hawk?"

Emmy Award winner Michael Chiklis (The Commish! Or Vic Mackey to you "Shield" fans) is also from Lowell. And a proud BU alum! Though I suppose that's not what the Lowell folks want to hear.
                  A mythical hawk. Fits right into the current ALT world I ain't no River Pigeon. I am a Chief (we did very well as Chiefs thank you!)

Comment

That Cornell/Lowell game could be very rough and will probably be close (well as long as Cornell stays out of the box). Lowell in particular seems to have a lot of luck running into ECAC teams around this time of the year don't they?
                    Last edited by Red Hockey; 03-24-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5883440/

There is also a large event at the Radisson on Saturday.

Arrive early and often.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                        https://local.nixle.com/alert/5883440/

There is also a large event at the Radisson on Saturday.

Arrive early and often.
                        Did they schedule locusts as well?
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          https://www.manchesternh.gov/City-Ca...EventID/E57260

Comment

Getting there was a CF without the race and the Expo thing. Zero traffic control off the exit last time. Hopefully they pull their cranium out of their nether regions this time!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              Hey! Swarms of Cornell fans are occasionally known to be annoying or obnoxious...but I don't think we rise to the level of a biblical plague. At least not these days.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                                Hey! Swarms of Cornell fans are occasionally known to be annoying or obnoxious...but I don't think we rise to the level of a biblical plague. At least not these days.
                                Hopefully we do sold out within hours for the first allotment, second allotment gone (pretty sure) with people hunting tix. All of a sudden we travel really well. A few yrs ago I would have told you it would be crazy to think that could happen

Comment

Working...
                                X