Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
    Albany is a lame city but I hope they put the East regional back here next year. I'd still go just for the hockey even if my team weren't playing there. Granted, they already visit RPI and Union once a season but still...
    Don't know if it's changed (because I was there in 2000 and 2001), but being the state capitol the city seems to be a ghost town on the weekend. A lot of the restaurants and pubs weren't open, making it not a lot of fun for people visiting for the games.

Comment

• Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Don't know if it's changed (because I was there in 2000 and 2001), but being the state capitol the city seems to be a ghost town on the weekend. A lot of the restaurants and pubs weren't open, making it not a lot of fun for people visiting for the games.

There's not a whole lot going on, but aside from holidays the restaurants and (much fewer now) bars are still open on weekends. The downtown areas quiet out after working hours and on weekends though since a lot of people that work in Albany are suburbanites from nearby towns within the county or in adjacent counties (like Saratoga) that don't stick around or can't stick around very long during the night. The city itself has just under 100000 folks but it's just not very vibrant. Lots of empty storefronts and decrepit buildings too.
      Last edited by Red Hockey; 03-26-2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Tough to play these guys again after last Friday's shellacking and now they're in a position where you have a top goalie who can steal the game.

Comment

UML was lucky to not get a penalty or penalty shot there- the puck was in the crease- and a UML player used his hand to get it out. Very much against the rules.

Comment

1 up through 1... I thought we had the run of play but ND certainly had their chances.... fight continues in the second
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

This building is horribly designed. From the location of the box office inside to the bathroom situation in the upper level (needing a code to get in)...

Comment

Zink with no stick and it all went south for Lowell from there!

Comment

That takes care of Hockey East
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• ND was ready & focused.. gotta give em that.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Great game. No easy games in the tourney!
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        This building is horribly designed. From the location of the box office inside to the bathroom situation in the upper level (needing a code to get in)...
                        It is, and from what I remember the parking situation in and around the arena is brutal as well.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                          Today is for laughing at BU.
                          I guess this makes tonight for laughing at UML.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            ND was ready & focused.. gotta give em that.
                            They were... other schools coughed up opportunities... they we tossing nickels like they were manhole covers.

All the credit to them... every inch of the fight.

Edit: **** vB is editing were above down to "we"... time to go home
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              That takes care of Hockey East
                              dude!!! irish will have hea patch on the sweater.

then when they win joeb will list it as another hea championship (as will the big10)
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                It is, and from what I remember the parking situation in and around the arena is brutal as well.
                                The building has very narrow concourses, making a real choke-point for crowds trying to circle the building on the inside. The problem, in part, is that the building needed to 'fit' a footprint bordered by four streets. They tried to cram a gallon into a pint pot. In other respects, it actually is a nice building.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Chris V
                                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Working...
                                X